yogdogz

[CAMPAIGN] 'F.A.L.L.O.U.T' - post apocalypse - (no addons needed!)

Currently playing great Scavengers mission, and...

...as usual, left my team behind and I went alone. Found hard to avoid enemies, so just kille'm, especially this annoying tank, all great, but when I found resource to scavenge, after loading this into car all my group was teleported at my position, meanwhile should be in base, where I told then to stay and do not move, good think, that I previously cleared out that town...

Edited by Rydygier

Yeah i cleared towns too with all my men available, I found sneak up there impossible. Last resource was so tiny, Small tip. If you are near of it and cant see it just order AI with 6 key and select Recover This Resource. He will run to resource location at least.

still working on v.1.1, I'm working on new missions, and glad some good guy in armaholic want to help me with the languanges!

Thanks tom3kb, obviously I've never downloaded a campaign before in the few years i've been playing arma.

Yogdogz might pay to put this in the first post incase there are more like me.

Scott

glad tom3kb could help! first post updated!

I think, that get stuck in Desperate Line (playing with ASR and CO SLX, I know, using AI addons is always risky in this kind of campaigns)...

All opfor is killed (checked several times whole village), my group has active WAIT waypoint at Kolchoz entrance, and warpig just does nothing about 200 meters behind... Opened this mission in editor, and think, that group is stuck waiting, because is synchronized with warpig, so wait for LAV, do not know yet, why warpig is not moving.

Yeah it is because the synced-waypoint between kozlowski's group and warpig. In this mission warpig kinda hard to place itself at the waypoint, maybe it takes a long time for it to move, but usually never really stopped working. Problems with warpig is it often hit teammates from behind (lol :D) and hard to move in narrow + full of bodies and infantry roads. Just don't use the mods in this mission only, after this mission passed, use it again! I still can't figure it out how to make this warpig going smooth in this mission, but at least the mission is can be finished! :)

This looks very promising. Definitely going to check this out. Thank you for the hard work yogdogz!

your welcome! hope you enjoy the campaign! :)

very nice campaign! i love the story, and the soundtracks (lol was surprised to hear music from "28 weeks later", that thing is really great man :p)

i finished the campaign by the boat option and i really love the story. it's like im really in kozlowski's position. and the words in the diary.... so cool lol

however great story and nice campaign, but i found some things that are "misplaced":

1. there's a red sphere above the aircraft carrier at the start mission intro

2. fully working auto-hover planes at LHD deck

3. an invincible guy at the chernogorsk battle intro, looks like a chedaki "boss" or "warlord" in the middle of firefight between US and chedaki. (he got shot by all US troops but he just stands there and brings out his rangefinder lol)

4. at FOB maine cutscene there's a fully standing living guy near the flag

and there's more but i forgot lol maybe i'll add more later

and about lopotev:

maybe you should tell the story more about lopotev, at the chernogorsk battle we were told to search for him but then we just blow things up and then never heard of him. until alexandrov talked about the story and i also see that you make "god-mode" on the CDF BMP in chernogorsk so the tanks keep firing at them lol very nice :p

Glad to hear finally someone finished the campaign! :D thanks for reporting the misplaced things, i really apreciated for everyone reporting bugs!

and about lopotev:

I'm working on new missions for v.1.1 (added more branch story and endings to the campaign) and guess who will come to the story...

Just finished campaingn. Awesome! I made my decisions :) Now i need play other endings!

Small note:

From Elektro harbor decision i got empty debriefing screens till final bang. Not looks nice and some sumary of actions as all missions before should be there. Otherwise i was very surprised by end :) Also already dead NAPA guys bodies shot b US team was missing after cutscene. Should be there.

Another one have finished the campaign, atarybaby! :) looks like the boat escape ending is the most popular :D

oh yeah, that little detail i missed!

Some thought:

If in one mission I have DMR rifle and I'm going with it inside wareouse, where we just sit a couple of days, then why later I have again M16? In my opinion collected gear should go with me through campaign, especially AFTER. This goes also for ammo - every bullet should matters, and "what I found, this I have" - as for me this aspect is important part of all this post-apo climate. But someone has mentioned already about that. Oh, and also - in eariler mission sometimes some of team memebers was killed, especially in "desperate line", by warpig, that rolled over them, but in next mission they are alive again. If you want to keep some important for story guys, then maybe mak'em immortal, so instead of death lets they be seriously injured and/or unconscious or something... Not perfect solution, but rather better, than such back from the dead...

Really great campaign so far. Mostly because of way of telling the story. And music. BTW original, remasterd Fallout 1&2 OST is available for free, and probably can be used for even more "atmosphere enrichment"...

http://auralnetwork.com/releases

that two things I am working on right now, I am still debugging it which requires lot of times and attention! (where I should pack the campaign, test it, fail, repack it again to test, and so on). I'm working what you said in the last, to make them seriously injured only, and if they die, they comeback alive but seriously injured, taking example from Melmarkian's "broken arrow" campaign (thanks for the campaign, Melmarkian!)

oh yeah thanks for the link, gonna be useful surely for atmosphere!

-----

umm how to download it? it said "could not find www.archive.org"

Currently playing great Scavengers mission, and...

...as usual, left my team behind and I went alone. Found hard to avoid enemies, so just kille'm, especially this annoying tank, all great, but when I found resource to scavenge, after loading this into car all my group was teleported at my position, meanwhile should be in base, where I told then to stay and do not move, good think, that I previously cleared out that town...

Aha, I should implement remove team member or 'go alone' option in this mission. I'm implementing many missions with UPSMON now, so the numbers of enemies will be dynamic and more reasonable.

Edited by yogdogz

looks like my provider blocked the website. that's bad :( any mirror?

Didn't have time to do more than play part-way through the Scavenger mission (2 weeks ago, dammit) but agree with Ryd about load-out persistence; a pet bugaboo in any campaign, IMHO.

Other than that, so far great fun - thanks a bundle, & keep it up :)

looks like my provider blocked the website. that's bad :( any mirror?

Unfortunatelly can't upload somewhere my files - to weak connection here. After quick googling (it is called "Vault Archives") found something here, you can try:

http://atomicgamer.com/files/86021/mark-morgans-vault-archives-fallout-1-2-soundtracks

(without log in need to wait 2-3 minutes though) or:

http://www.filestube.com/cdOus6c8nMOuXRcawbFng7/AURAL01-Mark-Morgan-Vault-Archives.html

Probably is more.

Usualy I prefer moody, melodic harmony in style of eg. Celtic folk, but Mark Morgan's music for me is just brilliant.

Edited by Rydygier

Real quality campaign, clearly a lot of work went into it!

The assault on Novy Sobor has been the highlight so far. Choice of lighting, enemy placement, and just the overall athmosphere with LAV support and everything.

I'm stuck on the Scavengers mission atm. I can clear out the enemy, but collecting supplies seems to be an issue for me. I got it to work once, at the Farmer Supply area. I ordered all of my team indivually to recover the supplies ...screen goes to black, I appear behind the UAZ doing some animation. I assume that is a successful recovery? However when I try and recover supplies elsewhere, like in the market, my team will just run to the outside wall of the building and just sit there. I tried parking the UAZ right next to them, but it doesn't work. :confused:

Recover supplies yourself, also dont forget check Gas Stations if you cant find last one :)

Recover supplies yourself, also dont forget check Gas Stations if you cant find last one :)

Ah right, thanks! I figured the ammo crates were part of the supplies to be collected, since I couldn't collect them myself I didn't think I could collect anything.

Unfortunatelly can't upload somewhere my files - to weak connection here. After quick googling (it is called "Vault Archives") found something here, you can try:

http://atomicgamer.com/files/86021/mark-morgans-vault-archives-fallout-1-2-soundtracks

(without log in need to wait 2-3 minutes though) or:

http://www.filestube.com/cdOus6c8nMOuXRcawbFng7/AURAL01-Mark-Morgan-Vault-Archives.html

Probably is more.

Usualy I prefer moody, melodic harmony in style of eg. Celtic folk, but Mark Morgan's music for me is just brilliant.

great, thanks :) downloading now. can't wait to hear these masterpiece.

Ah right, thanks! I figured the ammo crates were part of the supplies to be collected, since I couldn't collect them myself I didn't think I could collect anything.

umm.. ammo crates isn't supply you collect in this mission, only bag of foods. one of the three bag is very small btw, so be more aware, look at the floors. to collect it you simply use action menu (scroll mouse) and select 'gather this supply' and just like you said: you'll be spawned back at the car, the screen goes black, and doing some animation.

Great work Yogdogz! You did a great job creating a fine campaign.

Personally, I'm just not much into scripted 'campaign' style scenarios (never even finished any of the vanilla campaigns in in ArmA or OA) so I don't think I'll be playing past the first couple chapters.

But this is a quality product, clearly a labor of love, and I'm sure there are a ton of guys in the community who will be enjoying the heck out of your campaign. Congratulations on a well-done project :)

I just finished this campaign, great work: long campaign with many v.good missions, nice cutscens, new music(i love that main theme from 28 days later), few endings, i like that yellow sky effect, all missions ends with no problems, no bigger bugs only few mistakes in texts and blue sky bug in fallout mission but you know about this.

I like that in many missions we are not the teamleader.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

1 suggestion: after all endings we have debriefings before we jump to credits (i think its better if after endings we jump to credits cutscene without that debrhefing window), if you want to do this in all ending missions in description.ext write:

debriefing = 0.

Its nothing big and its only suggestion.

Thanks for this great campaign yogdogz :).

v.1.1 mainly ready, only small fixes in missions and the languange still need to be corrected by homeguard, which requires huge of work (bcos this campaign is full of dialog and cutscenes).

Great work Yogdogz! You did a great job creating a fine campaign.

Personally, I'm just not much into scripted 'campaign' style scenarios (never even finished any of the vanilla campaigns in in ArmA or OA) so I don't think I'll be playing past the first couple chapters.

But this is a quality product, clearly a labor of love, and I'm sure there are a ton of guys in the community who will be enjoying the heck out of your campaign. Congratulations on a well-done project :)

great you enjoy it! thanks for feedback anthropoid :)

I just finished this campaign, great work: long campaign with many v.good missions, nice cutscens, new music(i love that main theme from 28 days later), few endings, i like that yellow sky effect, all missions ends with no problems, no bigger bugs only few mistakes in texts and blue sky bug in fallout mission but you know about this.

I like that in many missions we are not the teamleader.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

1 suggestion: after all endings we have debriefings before we jump to credits (i think its better if after endings we jump to credits cutscene without that debrhefing window), if you want to do this in all ending missions in description.ext write:

debriefing = 0.

Its nothing big and its only suggestion.

Thanks for this great campaign yogdogz :).

thanks for suggestion tom, gonna solve that problem! god, I just know it can be disabled simply by a parameter in description.ext! :D

THIS is what i call a Campaign, Congratulations and thank you!!

A great work done, a good immersion thanks to cutscenes, a good storyline! Just miss Voices and we could believe an official campaign !!

I just finished with Option A, I will play the others next ;)

Thank you Yogdogz!!

hi.

I like your campaign. and I wanna ask you something:

how the hell did you manage to make people go away when shot nearby (i thonk it's mission 4, when you have to stop a riot, during your patrol).

i've searched and tried many things, but didn't find out how to.

can you explain it to me?

it would be very helpful

thanks

@Wiki

I checked this mission Mission _05michigan in editor for that, there is game logic with (FiredNear EventHandler), this EventHandler with few scripts make civilians to escape from town after gun shot.

bi wiki:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Event_Handlers and http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Event_Handlers#FiredNear

Hey Yogdogz, I've been watching the progress of this campaign for a few weeks now, waiting for the next update to play. However I am very eager to get into it now, but I see you are working on new missions for the next update. Will I spoil myself if I jump into it now? Will it be worth just hanging back for 1.1?

Great job by the way (Based on other people's comments)!

THIS is what i call a Campaign, Congratulations and thank you!!

A great work done, a good immersion thanks to cutscenes, a good storyline! Just miss Voices and we could believe an official campaign !!

I just finished with Option A, I will play the others next ;)

Thank you Yogdogz!!

your welcome :)

hi.

I like your campaign. and I wanna ask you something:

how the hell did you manage to make people go away when shot nearby (i thonk it's mission 4, when you have to stop a riot, during your patrol).

i've searched and tried many things, but didn't find out how to.

can you explain it to me?

it would be very helpful

thanks

like tom3kb said, I used 'firednear' eventhandler. have more details how this stuff work in my old thread : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129670-Scaring-civilians-with-smokes-or-gunfire (example mission included)

Hey Yogdogz, I've been watching the progress of this campaign for a few weeks now, waiting for the next update to play. However I am very eager to get into it now, but I see you are working on new missions for the next update. Will I spoil myself if I jump into it now? Will it be worth just hanging back for 1.1?

Great job by the way (Based on other people's comments)!

hey bezzzy, glad you liked the campaign. I have the busiest months right now in RL as I'm preparing to go to university. I afraid I have no time to finish those new missions and bad news that I should shorten it so I think it can be finished with little time to work :( Nope, it will not spoil anything! the new missions will take the story differently as option to choose, so it kinda as a branch story.

edit:

the progress I made so far is all the missions were reworked, some missions are only minor changes (bug, AI waypoints, cutscenes, etc) , some are major changes (implementing upsmon, add more atmospheres, add modified first aid which still not working). weapon now saved through missions. I'm going to add 'Fallout 1' musics too. languanges fix by homeguard is not finished too, I think he has no free time to finish it as it require great effort. but no deadline here, as I work it on free time.

Edited by yogdogz
more detail

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah no problem, uni can be a massive trek (depending on what course you are doing). I wish you luck with it! Study hard.

I did end up having a run through your campaign, I certainly did enjoy it. I have to be honest, I had a few laughs with some of the english =D but it's understandable, and overall you should be proud, especially considering english isn't your first language. Good job man!

Enjoyed your campaign V1.0 from start to finish, the combination of big marine missions in canon with the Harvest Red scenario and later your story building nicely upon it. And being able to play most of the missions under the command of a reasonable AI leadership.

As you're worried about balancing, I think it's alright. Sure Scavengers was one of the big, "bad", strategical squad leading missions but the story justified it and kept me eager to win it. The hint about being stealthy did fine, when planing my attacks. Also the squad AI has become much more fun to play with since the approach of ArmA3. And together with all the other mission's difficulty levels, it's alright.

Of course, the Utes training was a bit depreciating for veteran players but you added funny new stations to it and it's needed for character development. I wouldn't allow players to skip it.

I discovered an exploit in Scavengers which could also be used as a cheat to have the mission more easy. :rolleyes: (I reloaded afterwards, so my balancing opinion is based on the intended succession.)

I came to the conclusion that driving a car in pretty open terrain, to approach enemy positions would be wrong. So before my raid I ordered Winchester to wait with it at the camp until we would have secured the village. You know what happened when I tried out to gather the supplies without the UAZ around... yes, each and everything was teleported back to the UAZ in our save hideout! You will need a distance check to prevent that instant evac.

Like many others, I'm missing the persistent player gear in apocalypse times. I've found this OFPEC thread about it, which will hopefully help you to achieve it. But the commands really seem to have issues, and may it only be the campaign reverting issue (moving better/later equipment backwards to the reverting point).

I would save the player's gear at least and maybe Winchester's gear and the UAZ trunk if possible. NAPA should be included out and always get their usual gear to moderate arising bug issues.

Oh and to satisfy your curiosity about my ending :)

We're lying dead on the airfield by now ...for striving for the best.

BTW: From my own experience I suggest everyone to avoid playing all endings by yourself. It kills the atmosphere.

Edited by Trapper

@yogdogz: thanks for this. I have played part-way through & am impressed.

Agree with the 'persistence of gear' comments from other players.

Also, despite the dire straits, the AI leader idiotically does no looting (e.g., doesn't have the aircrew pick up longer range weaponry - but don't you dare let him have the DMR!). When you get time to revise/develop this, maybe it would be possible to include something like Rydygier's "loot" script.

Very best wishes for your studies :D

BR

Orc

Excellent misisons, the dialog is hilarious :D About halfway tru it i think.

Found a bug if you pick up a gun out of sequence in the training mission you can never finish the MOUT training. ie dont pick up a gun before you are told to.

Thank you for this entertaining campaign. I played the first 3 missions so far and enjoyed it a lot. I like your way of storytelling and the variety of the missions. THX :cheers: