Sign in to follow this  
tremanarch

Football: Euro 2012

-Takes my shirt off and runs through the streets with the portugal flag on me as a cape- YEAHHH~! 2-1!!!

Even so; I thought England were shite tonight. Dreadful, dreadful passing and ball control.

With Gerrard in midfield constantly going for the gloryballâ„¢ you aren't going to keep possession. How the fuck did he get man of the match?

If we had Scholes, Carrick, Wilshire and Cleverly available we would have more possession and control of the game. Watching Gerrard get the ball and hoof it or pass it to the opposition is getting old now and poor Parker, as much as I like his work rate, he wouldn't have to run that much if we had some idea about ball retention. I think it is just down to Roy not choosing our better players because, with two rows of four, passing shouldn't be this hard.

Anyway, Italy next. Catenaccio vs Flat back 10... this is going to be one boring game.

Ukraine player was offside, so no harm no foul.

I can sense a bit of Chelsea luck with England in this tournament, maybe...just maybe... :tongue:

Never in your lifetime! :D

Ha Ha Sepp Blatter!!!! :rolleyes:

Now that a decision went England's way ,he introduce goal line technology now!!!

Lol now apparently he's came out on Twitter saying ,now it's a necessity !!!

Knob!

With Gerrard in midfield constantly going for the gloryballâ„¢ you aren't going to keep possession. How the fuck did he get man of the match?

If we had Scholes, Carrick, Wilshire and Cleverly available we would have more possession and control of the game. Watching Gerrard get the ball and hoof it or pass it to the opposition is getting old now and poor Parker, as much as I like his work rate, he wouldn't have to run that much if we had some idea about ball retention. I think it is just down to Roy not choosing our better players because, with two rows of four, passing shouldn't be this hard.

Anyway, Italy next. Catenaccio vs Flat back 10... this is going to be one boring game.

'Watching Gerrard get the ball and hoof it or pass it to the opposition" you need new glasses mate, against the Ukraine he completed 48 passes out of 53 attempted, a 90% completion rate, that is man of the match material. He has also done more tackles and won more tackles than any other England midfielder. He also has many, many more chance creations than any other player, he alone has contributed 35% of the creativity of the squad. Oh and assited in three of the five England goals of course... but then I'm sure these facts don't change anything for you, as you're clearly unbiased and clear sighted.

Portugal vs Czech Republic today 19:45 GMT.

GO PORTUGAL!

GO PORTUGAL!

Actually it's at 18:45 GMT/UTC. ;)

(19:45 would be British Summer Time / Western European Summer Time.)

GO PORTUGAL!

You cannot imagine how much I want Portugal out of this tournament^^

It was only a matter of time for the portuguese to score a goal. The few good players on the czech side were Jiracek, Pilar and Cech.

You cannot imagine how much I want Portugal out of this tournament^^

You don't say!

Actually it's at 18:45 GMT/UTC.

(19:45 would be British Summer Time / Western European Summer Time.)

My bad.

What your planning to invade soon?

Still come on if you say them to the polish fan's you will be beaten to death xD

What do they call Spain then? "Espana" like the Spanish do? (isnt the Polish name for Spain rather "Hiszpania"?)

So, what's so special about local names for foreign cities, it is totally comon all over the planet and the Poles should learn to drop their girly sensitivity about the german past of some of their cities. I realy cant hear it anymore. It is now Poland, end of the story. Case closed.

-------------------------------------------

My prediction for this evening: the wall will fall once again after 89'.

The greek will keep defending strong but I doubt they will be able to keep their goal clean.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

Really good Portugal game, second half they had that in the bag, just a waiting game. I did like Ronaldo having multiple near breakdowns each miss though, of all the player I can think of he deserved to pull those faces :)

Once again, Greeks couldn't stop Angela's mannschaft.

Joke aside, who can prevent Germany from winning the championship ?

Edited by ProfTournesol

Part of me wanted to see the Greeks pull something out of the bag just to shake it up, esp when it went 1-1 ... then they got punished.

Once again, Greeks couldn't stop Angela's mannschaft.

Joke aside, who can prevent Germany from winning the championship ?

Spain?

Or maybe even Italy on thursday?

I wouldn't be too concerned if we were to meet England in the semi final tbh

Go France go...

Edited by ProfTournesol
Subliminal message...

good luck ;)

Edit:

oh well that 1:0 makes it really hard for france. I somehow think that it will take more than just Ribery (good match from him so far) to turn this one around. Spain don't look unbeatable though.

Now I just hope we (Germany) can get revenge for 2006 against Italy in the semi final and then march on to take the title. I will be supporting Italy tomorrow (sorry England).

I don't want Spain to win it again and I certainly do not want a Portugal team with the likes of Pepe and Ronaldo to win a title - ever!

Edited by Derbysieger

Part of me wanted to see the Greeks pull something out of the bag just to shake it up, esp when it went 1-1 ... then they got punished.

offtopic : Yo mrCash 2009 how do i get in contact when you have PM disabled? drop me a line on my email : hopper.jerry@gmail.com

Indeed it is, extra time? ... penalties? ... complete thrashing? .... some sort of amazing win? .... ooh the drama :bounce3:

BTW Jerry, PM is on, just sent you a message.