Sign in to follow this  
Resilient

Are you going to upgrade because of ARMA 3?

2x Corsair Force 3 GT SSD in raid 0@240gb@1005r/1000w

and 2-2TB Mechanical drives in raid 0. You suggest me get more ssds? lol

Aren't you that same attention whore that pretty much said "Hey, I have a Razer Mouse so mouse movement is fine for everyone"?

Seriously, put down the basic stuff and people will respond with appropriate answers. It all comes down to preference. Why would you put your footrest and chair on your specs? Even peripherals are preference. Like the one person said in response to your post, the game requirements don't say "Razer mouse" or anything. All preference

Personally I hate Razer peripherals because they are overpriced and there are much better choices out there, for the money or not. Preference!

Stop making subjective posts like this please.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Can't tell if troll or sociopath.

On a side note, will ArmA 3 need more VRAM than BF3?

Edited by ruhtraeel

Also wouldnt be suprised if he didnt have most of that stuff, seems weird to add your chair and tv into pc specs.

I upgraded the moment A3 was announced. As a nice bonus, A2 now runs like a dream.

What did you upgrade too?

What did you upgrade too?

A laptop :rolleyes: but it's a 17" 3D XPS i7, 8GB RAM, 3GB DDR3 DX11- card with nvidia 3D support.

I'm just hoping I will get enough time to test A3 before the major solar burst strikes that scientists such as Michio Kaku warned us about. It will pretty much fry everything electronic globally, so maybe don't buy too expensive upgrades just yet :rolleyes: It's supposed to hit in 2012-13. Electricity will be out for a very long time, and pretty much all computers, communications and the Internet is history (Facebook NOOOOO !!!). There will be riots, chaos and anarchy. One can only speculate when there will be new computers available. Hopefully you won't die from radiation sickness. Oh about that did I mention cooling systems will fail on pretty much every nuclear facility on the planets half facing the sun? That including old nuclear waste facilities that still needs cooling for another 80 years or so. It's a scenario possibly worse then WW3. Did I say it was Michio Kaku who warned us about this thing? He is a cofounder of the bloody string theory. He if anyone should know about this stuff, but I hope that he and all his scientist colleagues are just nuts :crazy:

Edited by Fenrisulven

I'm just hoping I will get enough time to test A3 before the major solar burst strikes that scientists such as Michio Kaku warned us about. It will pretty much fry everything electronic globally, so maybe don't buy too expensive upgrades just yet :rolleyes: It's supposed to hit in 2012-13. Electricity will be out for a very long time, and pretty much all computers, communications and the Internet is history (Facebook NOOOOO !!!). There will be riots, chaos and anarchy. One can only speculate when there will be new computers available. Hopefully you won't die from radiation sickness. Oh about that did I mention cooling systems will fail on pretty much every nuclear facility on the planets half facing the sun? That including old nuclear waste facilities that still needs cooling for another 80 years or so. It's a scenario possibly worse then WW3. Did I say it was Michio Kaku who warned us about this thing? He is a cofounder of the bloody string theory. He if anyone should know about this stuff, but I hope that he and all his scientist colleagues are just nuts :crazy:

Also the World is going to end this December...

-.-

Also wouldnt be suprised if he didnt have most of that stuff, seems weird to add your chair and tv into pc specs.

Haha! A chair.....:D

I'm a member of just about every Overclockers/Hardware fetish nut forums- where bragging hardware specs is as commonplace as the Daily News but Ive never seen someone boast their surrounding furniture. Whats next - "I have an 88x144 inch bay window with a stunning view of the lake..."

:p

He's gotta be trolling and having a good laugh about it.

I will buy a totally new computer. maybe after jan 2013.

actual: AMD X4 955 BE; 4890 1GB; 4Go; 320 GB HDD, 19" 1440*900 screen.

maybe a i7; GTX660; SSD; 8GB on full HD monitor

I'm a member of just about every Overclockers/Hardware fetish nut forums- where bragging hardware specs is as commonplace as the Daily News but Ive never seen someone boast their surrounding furniture. Whats next - "I have an 88x144 inch bay window with a stunning view of the lake..."

Ha, I have a leather swivel recliner elevated to the point my feet don't touch the floor so I still feel like a kid. but the leather has split on the arms. Maybe I should upgrade to a newer one and aviod the cracks pinching my forearm hair

Ha, I have a leather swivel recliner elevated to the point my feet don't touch the floor so I still feel like a kid. but the leather has split on the arms. Maybe I should upgrade to a newer one and aviod the cracks pinching my forearm hair

Nobody knows how hard I'm laughing right now

Kudos to this community on knowing how to deal with a troll

But still... more VRAM required than BF3? I can't jack up MSAA cause my cards are only 1GB, 1920*1080 monitor :-/

Edited by ruhtraeel

A laptop :rolleyes: but it's a 17" 3D XPS i7, 8GB RAM, 3GB DDR3 DX11- card with nvidia 3D support.

Sounds good to me (the laptop, not the anarchy and chaos) nothing wrong with a good gaming laptop mine has served me well for years and is still very capable. Cooling is sometimes an issue because everything is so compact.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Well he hasnt been back since...i think the only people laughing about it is us. :D

So i have gone for a new 23" lg ips screen for my new build, new mouse aswell. Debating whether to go with a budget set of 5.1 speakers like the x-530 purely for my pc or just stick with my current x-240. All coming together now just hoping for some kind of open beta i the next few months to test it all on :D

With the recent price drop by ATI my maybe list is getting more complicated

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/06/22/amd-radeon-7970-3gb-ghz-edition-review/3

With multiple monitors on my wish list this card is looking very nice. But no sooner did I realise that the 680/670 has a contender , I remembered that there maybe a GTX780 based on a GK110 for xmas, especialy now N'vidia is feeling some heat again. Grr.. how much life can I squeeze out of a GTX285!

Also spoted an early review on the GTX660ti

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4869/nvidia_geforce_gtx_660_ti_2gb_reference_video_card_review/index.html

probably buy SB-E/IB-E chips. already did some market analysis :)

as long as unconfirmed that Arma3 can utilize DirectX11 or OpenGL 4.x feats and thus become unbounded in terms of GFX scalabilty perfromance per/CPU-cores, wasting money on 8/12/16/32-core/stream CPU's remain pointless, in opposition to IPC boost and RAM bandwitch/latncy improvements benefits, provided by S2011 platform, presently.

same about x64-binaries, sadly[unconfirmed, yet], so probably Arma3 datflow will keep shuffled between memory, hdd and GPU inefinitely persistently/painful.

same about Linux support - unlikely. sadly.

as long as unconfirmed that Arma3 can utilize DirectX11 or OpenGL 4.x feats and thus become unbounded in terms of GFX scalabilty perfromance per/CPU-cores, wasting money on 8/12/16/32-core/stream CPU's remain pointless, in opposition to IPC boost and RAM bandwitch/latncy improvements benefits, provided by S2011 platform, presently.

same about x64-binaries, sadly[unconfirmed, yet], so probably Arma3 datflow will keep shuffled between memory, hdd and GPU inefinitely persistently/painful.

I haven't been keeping up with CPUs since Sandy Bridge released. Is the i5-2500 still the de-facto standard, or has it been replaced by an Ivy Bridge series chip? Also, why would you go with LGA 2011 instead of LGA 1055? From my understanding any perceived gains in gaming performance are questionable at best. My rig is starting to show its age, so I need to start gathering knowledge again.

I haven't been keeping up with CPUs since Sandy Bridge released. Is the i5-2500 still the de-facto standard, or has it been replaced by an Ivy Bridge series chip? Also, why would you go with LGA 2011 instead of LGA 1055? From my understanding any perceived gains in gaming performance are questionable at best. My rig is starting to show its age, so I need to start gathering knowledge again.

i5 3570k is replacement for i5 2500k

2500k is best chip Ive ever owned and Ill shed a tear the day its time to lay her down - that said, that time ain't now :)

3570k is very good chip but their isn't really much (if any) gaming performance to be had and I believe she runs a bit hotter with less of wanting to overclock. If your creating a whole new build, you may want to go that route tho.

1. dx11 is confirmed, but to what extend the cpu & gfx features will be used is still unknown.

2.linux support - will not happen

3. 64bit binary - will not happen, official statement

1. dx11 is confirmed, but to what extend the cpu & gfx features will be used is still unknown.

2.linux support - will not happen

3. 64bit binary - will not happen, official statement

1. DirectX11 support BY-ITSELF is definitive feature, meaned in my post. with related positive consequencies.

2. depend level of support meant. note: linux server supplied/supported since 2002 year by BIS ;)

3. it WILL happen. official statement too, 4 years old. question is "HOW Far ?" is that from us in matter of time. basically BIS dev''s had no options, than to switch to 64-bit binaries, period. as they stated in own blog, previously, reasonably.

2500k is best chip Ive ever owned and Ill shed a tear the day its time to lay her down - that said, that time ain't now :)

3570k is very good chip but their isn't really much (if any) gaming performance to be had and I believe she runs a bit hotter with less of wanting to overclock. If your creating a whole new build, you may want to go that route tho.

Ive got the 3570k and i idle between 25-30 the highest its gone so far is 42 although admittedly i havent tested it with gaming properly yet as i havent got an actual card yet but ive been playing fifa 12 and css using the cpus onboard and the temps have been very impressive so far, obviously when it gets to near 100% load that will all change but i cant see it going above 65 at the most and that is extremely good. Ive never owned the 2500k but you really cant go wrong with either it seems.

3. it WILL happen. official statement too, 4 years old. question is "HOW Far ?" is that from us in matter of time. basically BIS dev''s had no options, than to switch to 64-bit binaries, period. as they stated in own blog, previously, reasonably.

Nope. From a 3 weeks old article, which I'm not finding now, but will post ASAP.

Gamestar interview:

Q: Will there be a 64-bit-version?

Dan:No. There is no reason for this.

i5 3570k is replacement for i5 2500k

Ive got the 3570k and i idle between 25-30 the highest its gone so far is 42 although admittedly i havent tested it with gaming properly yet as i havent got an actual card yet but ive been playing fifa 12 and css using the cpus onboard and the temps have been very impressive so far, obviously when it gets to near 100% load that will all change but i cant see it going above 65 at the most and that is extremely good. Ive never owned the 2500k but you really cant go wrong with either it seems.

Thank you all for the information. And, yes, I'm planning on a new "from the ground up" rig.