Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93415 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

what was broken before this fix:

1. weapon on ground in weaponHolder

2. player, where weaponHolder is not local used action to take that weapon

3. his old weapon disappeared

1. weapon on ground in weaponHolder (no magazines)

2. player, where weaponHolder is not local opens gear

3. switch weapons

4. gear closed and old weapon disappeared

Please, if you still have some repro where you lose items in gear, post it here.

@Dr. Hladik

There's also an issue when you use the dropWeapon action in MP. Players are not able to pick up the dropped weapons/magazines again (afair it also affects the client where the command was executed).

Sorry, not at home so I can't make a repro (maybe someone else can)...

Xeno

Yay Dayz fixes :D

do these fixes automatically translate too Arma 3?

BattlEye supported now

This is not a new bug been there for a long time.

#32419 - Turn out/in in armoured vehicles

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32419

Another thing related to MP in general is the ground sliding of other nearby players. I do not know if this is due to missconfigured servers but I always see it since 1.60. Maybe it's a side effect of the big lag fix that was done in 1.60 but it would be nice if the sliding could be minimized.

/KC

This is not a new bug been there for a long time.

#32419 - Turn out/in in armoured vehicles

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32419

Another thing related to MP in general is the ground sliding of other nearby players. I do not know if this is due to missconfigured servers but I always see it since 1.60. Maybe it's a side effect of the big lag fix that was done in 1.60 but it would be nice if the sliding could be minimized.

/KC

Didn't you know? One of the improvements in the new beta patches is that AI soldiers can now moonwalk ;)

Sliding is basically there instead of warping, as part of new MP movement interpolation in 1.60.

Personally I prefer the sliding.

Anyone else getting flashing menu buttons with this build?

Sliding is basically there instead of warping, as part of new MP movement interpolation in 1.60.

Personally I prefer the sliding.

That was my guess as well and I agree with you that I rather have the sliding than the pre 1.60 warping.

@cm. I'm not talking about the AI sliding, thats understandable due to the interpolation. What I'm talking about is the sliding of nearby human players.

/KC

I can confirm what KeyCat is talking about. And it's not just nearby players either. You could be sitting beside a player, an SUV, a tank, a jet, etc. Doesn't matter. But occasionally, it'll just start moving all over the place. Turning on the spot, moving back and forth a foot at a time, etc. But in reality, whatever it is, is just sitting there doing nothing.

does this need the server to be patched also? cause i just lost weapon + all my ammo without being able to pick it up when switching weapons from bag..... very frustrating

does this need the server to be patched also? cause i just lost weapon + all my ammo without being able to pick it up when switching weapons from bag..... very frustrating

Yes. There are new MP messages.

Found a bigger tree on the road at 091105 (north of Pusta) please call the awesome BIS lumberman to cut it down. Could be easier/useful for him to find unwanted objects and hidden objects with a feature that highlights them in Visitor/terrain making tool. :)

Sorry for posting here. Failed to dig up the thread created centuries ago..

Clinet FPS still depends heavily on the server. Lets take dayz as an example since it's so popular now.

I am on a server A with 5 other players and with 70 AI zombies, in the middle of nowhere in a forest and i have 25 fps.

I disconnect and join server B with 40 players and 500 AIs in the same forest and i have 40 fps.

( latest beta. CPU load of my core2quad is 60% for the most busy core. GPU load is 55%. 4GB of free RAM )

Do i have to blame BIS or a script-writer? Same behavior is common for most missions (not only dayz). And in my understanding dayz's scrips are quite simple. Far simpler then ACE.

Edited by ModeZt

I think when people start farming items, and a lot of new items are spawned somewhere on the server,

fps goes down very quickly then.

Anyone else getting CTD when in spectate and top view, while waiting for revive in MP missions?

Problem started from BETA 93030 and after.

More info on my DevHeaven bug report.

Hey,

for some weeks now me and some of my Clan members are having a very annoying issue.

Since this Beta Version (93415) up to the actual Version the ammo / weapon crates and the gear loadout are acting strange.

with Beta 93398 everything is fine. I tested all the Betas back to these versions and 93415 is definitely the one the problem starts with!

Be aware, it ONLY happens in Multiplayer, no difference if Vanilla or not....only MP!

The thing is this, in the loadout screen you can replace weapons and gear from your loadout by doubleclicking the list on the left side (or the content of a crate i.e.). a fast way to switch weapons or maybe replace a HE rocket against an AT rocket.

starting with this beta the weapon / ammo you had in your loadout disappears when you doubleclick on a new item! Gone. no chance to get it back. So this is really annoying when you doubleclick on a Stinger and you had a Javelin on your back before......because the Javelin launcher will be gone forever!

if you drop the gear with "drop" button, everything works fine, but this is no option for me because it takes to much time and is not very comfortable to use.

Could you please fix this?

No need for Demo Mission, just load this beta or newer, start an MP session and try to change gear by doubleclicking on the new item. You will lose your old weapon and cant be recovered from anywhere.....and no, its not lying around on the ground near the crate.

every member of my clan with this Beta or newer has the same Problem.

Please fix this!

thanks