Sign in to follow this  
BloodyRedBaron

Seattle Mass Evac

I have three questions.

1. What am I meant to do after I have picked up the evaccuees and they have left my helicopter and are now standing by the 3 ambulances.

2. The statistics never show anything except zero saved - am I doing something wrong.

3. Is there any easy way of finding them at the location rather than just searching.

:confused:

Welcome to the forum !

Normaly this mission is done to be played by several teams with 2 player in each team. One pilot, and one observator. The pilot can open the map and put a "checkpoint" (MAJ+clic on MAP) to rally the victim's location. Then the observator can use a FLIR camera to find victim quickly and use the winch to pick them up if you can't land. It's designed to be a race. The team who rescue the most win.

Hi and thanks for your quick reply. However it doesn't really make sense to me. You talk about using the FLIR camera which I assume is the pip which I do have activated. However I cannot get it to appear. Is it available in the Seattle Mass Evac scenario? Also I do not understand what you mean by MAJ + clic on map. I can click M to get the map up and easy to identify the locations (pink circles) I need to go to but how will that help me find the victims who may be in the middle of the woods etc. Also I cannot see how I can use the winch in this particular multiplayer game. Are you certain these things are all available in this particular scenario? Thanks for your help so far.:)

Open the map. Hold MAJ and clic on it. A waypoint will appear. Usefull. I think the flir and winch have to be used by the observator. Not the pilot. Press Num 0 (Aim) to activate the flir cam when you're as obsvervator.

HI again and again thanks for helping me through this.

I still do not understand what you are referring to when you say MAJ. I open the map by pressing on M. But what is MAJ? Is it a button or a reference point or just the three keys M, A and J?

No problem. I can't tell you if these feature works as I never tried it with an observator with me but I know the mission is down to be play like that.

I still have my first two questions unanswered.

1. What am I meant to do after I have picked up the evaccuees and they have left my helicopter and are now standing by the 3 ambulances? Am I meant to call the ambulance drivers somehow?

2. The statistics never show anything except zero saved - am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Even when the game is finished all the stats show is zero victims saved.

Hope you can help me on this as I am really starting to enjoy the game.

Well it seems to be a bug.. Usually they walk to the ambulance then you go pick up other victims..

I noticed the bugged mission, too. AFAIK it broke after 1.05 but can't really say for sure...

Thanks for all your help. It is much appreciated. I am really enjoying the game and I am sure I will be back with more questions at some stage. There is not a lot of information about the game and although I enjoy experimenting and trying things out for myself, it does get frustrating at times when you are not sure how or what is meant to happen and whether it is a bug. At this stage I am enjoying the Multiplayer but I may venture into the Editor further down the track after I become a lot more familiar with the game. Cheers and thanks.

Hi

After having a loong break in the wait for some (IMO) much needed updates on this game i had a new go at this scenario online yeasterday.

Taking off and flying around is just great and the flying sensastion i felt was much better, however what im missing is the online gameplay side of the game.

Before i start calling out for bugs, can someone please confirm that winch and flir is actually working and if the errors in that case is linked to this mission and not to the whole game.

My problems are

1. AI dont move into chopper..in fact they do not move at all.

2. Could not find a way to use winch

3. Could not find a way to use FLIR..

In other words, what are they keys that are default for these options ? i for my life could not get anything to work with or without co pilot/ observer/ backseat pos etc.

Sjaba...

My problems are

1. AI dont move into chopper..in fact they do not move at all.

2. Could not find a way to use winch

3. Could not find a way to use FLIR..

1. - I CAN confirm that the people WILL move to the helicopter. You have to be within a certain distance from them; though, I am not sure what the radius is. If they are in the woods( tree filled area ), you can exit the chopper and run up to them. You will then notice two( 2) icons along the bottom of the screen( three if you have an observer ). Hit the '2' key( '3' w/ OBSV ), and use your scroll ring to move the selection to 'Move To', point at the helicopter, and Left Click. This tells them to run over to it. You may have to enter the helo again, for them to get in. Alternatively, you could hit the number key that corresponds to the rescuee, and selet 'Get In'.

2. - The winch is bugged/not functioning/forgotten in the game logic. It DOES NOT work.

3. - The FLIR system is bugged/not functioning/forgotten in the game logic. It DOES NOT work.

I have rescued 8 people, as described before, they run to the ambulances, but no score is ever received. They all seem to run to the middle vehicle and just stand there. My friend and I just use the mission for pure enjoyment... I have NEVER rescued ALL the victims, and wonder if this is how the scores are finally tallied... Maybe...

Hope that helps! ;-)

=170= Sven2157

Thx for your reply

I will give it ago again then..I know it used to work some patches ago.

To bad with the FLIR/Winch stuff it really would have increased gameplay.