Sign in to follow this  
deftone1

Footsteps SFX issue

Got the game may 27th. Since I first started playing I noticed that while playing in single player as a foot unit (infantry ect.) the footstep SFX while running seem to be the wrong sound. My guess is I'm having some sort of error where the side stepping SFX is mixed up with the running SFX. This is driving me crazy because it sounds like my character has little tiny baby legs kicking away at ridiculous speed, shuffling along taking like 20 steps per meter that I run. It made me laugh at first because it sounds kind of comical almost, but now it's just really annoying me while playing the game. I have uploaded an update off steam before playing the game once, and after the lengthy wait time for the download I was disappointed to see that while some sound issues had been corrected and/or changed, this one is still there... anyone else having this problem??

Quite curious issue you have here, I have not noticed this at all. Have you attempted to remove the sound files from the game directory and letting Steam update the game to replace them? Might it be possible that one of the sound.ifa files is corrupt

Hello there

My footsteps seem horribly loud in comparison to other effects, but they are at the "normal" speed.

(It's unlikley so forgive me, but you havnt hit the + key have you? this advances time a little and can display the symptoms you describe)

rgds

LoK

Thanks for the advice Vandrel, I'll give that a shoot and post what happens for anyone else. (remove files and let steam update). I'm surprised no one else has had this problem, I'm just unlucky in this case I guess. I have read at least one other post online of someone hearing the same foot step error. Oh, and yeah I did not press the time compress button ;). It does happen to sound like it is in X4 time when in X1 by the sound of the footsteps, but I think that is unlikely the error. What I am experiencing at this point is that only the Pilots on the ground running are the only unit with the normal footstep sound effect, but only in single player, in multi player it sounds normal... very odd

Yep have this myself sometimes op.

It happens sidestepping at walking pace I think only on certain surfaces (building).

Sound of footsteps is about 4x faster than it should be.

always gives me the impression of the cartoon tip toe animation on Tom and Jerry Cartoons. lol

Does this happen in specific areas of the terrain or just at random?

If specific areas of the terrain then this could be related to a possible error in the surface masks for the terrain

Does this happen in specific areas of the terrain or just at random?

If specific areas of the terrain then this could be related to a possible error in the surface masks for the terrain

This happens on random moments and mostly when you have been running once also when going uphill or being in trenches, but i try not to pay as much attention to it however it might be nice if it gets fixed doh :)

Is anyone here able to make a video of it? I can tape the video but I don't have a good connection enough to upload it to YT at the moment :(

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

This happens on random moments and mostly when you have been running once also when going uphill or being in trenches, but i try not to pay as much attention to it however it might be nice if it gets fixed doh :)

Might be nice?

I gotta side with the thread starter here, been noticing it too, almost anytime i start the editor.

Worst situation is in houses with wooden floor, sounds awful and mostly makes me just quit.

I'm getting this also. All my footsteps are 3 or 4 times too fast, making for a rather annoying effect. I have only used the editor so far, so all my results are in the editor preview mode.

Woops didnt read the thread location,

I was talking about ArmA2 not Iron Front - Sorry for any confusion.

Hello,

Well, before i dint notice it now I do :)

It happens in one of the jogging modes when your weapon is at the ready position not at full relaxed.

rgds

LoK

OOPS just saw PB's post.