Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Desert Wars: Island of Dingor

I think I will go away for a weeks holiday more often - what a nice surprise - thanks IceBreakr!

THank you for this Icebreaker but I believie that the green version of Lingor Island is much more beautiful!

THank you for this Icebreaker but I believie that the green version of Lingor Island is much more beautiful!

I like both for different reasons! Why just have one when you can have two?

Ofcourse , now we need a winter edition :cool:

Ohhh yes plz!!!! :bounce3:

Ofcourse , now we need a winter edition :cool:

Wingor?

Your islands are always awesome, IB. Thanks for giving us a new one.

So many things I'm itching to try out when I get my laptop back from HP....

Very cool...

Maybe there is room for a Lingor mission with a chemical disaster resulting in Dingor :)

I love this version, i want to see Dingor with the old water texture of Lingor, perfect match!

Thanks for this wonderful work!.

All your islands Icebreakr are real quality. Thanks for them all.

I know this isn't really the best place for requests, but has anyone made a CTI MP mission for Dingor? I have some friends new to the Arma scene who I want to introduce to community content and thought this would be the perfect map for it - however they like warfare/CTI gamemode more than custom missions and I can't make that through the Arma mission wizard. If I were more familiar with CTI I'd have a go setting it up myself, but am more used to SP mission editing :/

if you dont mind the herculean task of editing my mission to allow multiplayer, i have a single player CTI mission (APOCALYPSE) in my sig.. at the very least, its a quick way of seeing Dingor in a wartime setting...

I'm not really familiar enough with MP editing for that alas :(

Better late than never, here's a quick fly around Dingor in Take On Helicopters : ReArmed;

does anyone have the latest version of domination ported to this island yet?

I have decided to use this map as the location for my Coop Tournament, c08 Desert Siege. Already 3 missions well progressed and shaping up to be the cream of my coop campaigns to date. I'll keep you all posted on this.

Better late than never, here's a quick fly around Dingor in Take On Helicopters : ReArmed;

And my view :-)

1YpxBj8KEM8&list

No offense but why take a beautiful map like Lingor and turn it into a desert?

On a slightly related topic, why do people seem to like desert maps so much? Lingor is so great and tough against even AI because of difficulty in spotting units in the jungle. I have a feeling that a lot of people find it too challenging and therefore like the desert maps where they have almost no problems spotting the enemy.

i cant speak for everyone but i can tell you that i love Dingor becoz it feels like a whole new map.

i created a campaign on Lingor and felt a bit stretched for new missions - but on Dingor i am creating a new campaign bcoz it has a whole new feel to it.

in terms of desert maps, i do get a bit bored/tired (while i still appreciate the amount of work that island makers put in) of the Afghan style desert maps but this feels completely different - African.

this takes me to Desert Siege in Ghost Recon.