Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Desert Wars: Island of Dingor

Yo Dawg i herd you like desert so we cut down trees in Lingor map so you can snipe across map while you camp.

:yay:

dingor_preview.jpg

On a more serious note, Lingor Island has become one of the most popular addons for A2/OA and I get a lot of requests "hey mate, please do a desert map". So I've decided to make an alternate desert version of Lingor, with cut down most of the heavy vegetation, but still enough to find a hiding place.

Features:

- island is *same* as Lingor v1.4 (or higher), except the satellite imagery, ground clutter and vegetation (jungle removed, much less vegetation all around).

- shortened roads to water in San Fernando and Encanto

- everything else remains the same

- it requires less powerful PC/GFX card in order to achieve high fps

- AI can't sneak up on you using "special hearing and vision" powers since there is no more thick jungle

- you have a much greater chance to survive against chupacabras, predators and other mysterious creatures that lurk around this land ;)

Story Background (or make your own if there is a need)

a) Molatia gave up on south Duala after decades of war and mounted a suprise attack on war-torn Lingor. They used special airborne chemical agents to wipe out most of the vegetation and including a fair share of population, too. Enjoy the new war ;)

b) Dingor - a successful HAARP test ;)

Tip: Missions for Lingor should work for Dingor, just resave them.

Where to download Dingor v1.0?

IceBreakr.info

p.s. please report mirrors, my bandwidth is seriously limited :/

Very nice! Any ideas/plans for desert Molatian units?

"A dingo ate my island!" (Australian accent)

Looks incredible. After that kind of chemical attack, none of the water on the island should be drinkable. Oops, sorry, I was in DayZ mode.

Downloading now.

Nice!!

Cue calls for a winter conversion in 3... 2... 1...

Due to massive downloads during the night, I've had to disable my downloads and provide only mirrors. I mean massive, like 20-times over my bandwidth limit that is set not that low ;)

Please provide mirrors. Thanks.

I've added Armaholic.com mirror, thanks guys!

Nice move there, mate :cool:

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

Dingor Island (v 1.0) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=189

Needed :

Island Lingor - Lite (v 1.4) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=islands&id=121

Edited by Old Bear

Hoooooly crap man, ittts wonderful !!! :cc:

O.k. , heres one thing : error message at launch says : Addon 'ibr_dingor' requires addon 'lingor_roads'.

Than ArmA 2 CO freezes when im trying to play on Dingor map.

EDIT :

I have the latest Lingor island and Lingor units version. I copied the 'lingor_roads' to the Dingor addons folder but the error report and the freezing are still there.

Edited by Vilman

Thanks Ice, this map is magic. All the best things about Duala and Lingor all rolled into one high performance island.

See install.txt - u need both mods active.

tpw: thanks! Glad you'll find some use for it. Can't wait for missions.

Edited by IceBreakr

Great job, have not had time to play it yet (been busy playing TF2 :o) but will try it tomorrow. Now we have a great map we just need a great mission to play it on like GITS Evolution so come on Eggbeast :D.

HAZ

Excellent! Your work continues to be much appreciated :D

Guys,tnx for the mirrors!

Edited by IceBreakr

Very cool.

I will check this once I get home.

-k

IB,

Thanks for this addition. I haven't spent much time on Lingor (tons of time on Duala) but I spent about 30 minutes playing around on Dingor last night and I really like. It fits nicely with Duala too. I'm not asking for this, but it fits so nicely that having both islands on the same "map" would work, continuity-wise. Thanks again.

Its weird still hearing the frogs in the desert. Nice map though!