Sign in to follow this  
domcho

ArmA 2 helicopter extraction problem with AI squad leader. NOT ARMA 2 OA!

Hello. I am sorry if this has already been posted on the forums. I have a problem with the squad leader (he is an AI) telling my squad to get in the helicopter once it comes. We are in a middle of a forest under attack by CDF soldiers. I first tested the extraction without enemies, it worked perfectly. But when we are under attack the leader keeps issuing orders to attack targets. Some squadmates go into the woods to hunt down the CDF :j: When the helicopter comes sometimes the squad leader doesn't even tell us to get in it. I used in his init: mygroup = group this; (group this) enableAttack false; named him Rus1, made a trigger once the helicopter is near us and put in it's activation: assignAsCargo forEachMember mygroup; Rus1 orderGetIn true.

So even though I used enableAttack false the squad leader doesn't shut up and keeps telling us to target the CDF soldiers :mad: when the helicopter comes and enters the trigger sometimes he tells us to get in it, and if there is an injured soldier who can't walk we just stay there under heavy fire, the whole squad except the injured in the legs soldiers stays in the helicopter and wait to be killed. The injured soldiers won't get in. I had to get out and kill him in order to continue. How can I fix the problem with the squad leader not telling us to get in and make the injured soldier to get in? Thanks.

NOTE: THIS IS ARMA 2 NOT ARMA 2 OPERATION ARROWHEAD.

I used in his init: mygroup = group this; (group this) enableAttack false; named him Rus1, made a trigger once the helicopter is near us and put in it's activation: assignAsCargo forEachMember mygroup; Rus1 orderGetIn true.

try:

{_x disableAI "AUTOTARGET"} forEach units mygroup;
{_x assignAsCargo vehicleNameHere} forEach units mygroup;
(units mygroup) orderGetIn true;

To cure crawlers try one of these in their init:

this addEventHandler ["Hit", {(_this select 0) setHit ["legs", 0] }];
this addEventHandler ["Dammaged", {(_this select 0) setHit ["legs", 0] }];

Edited by PELHAM