Sign in to follow this  
Fenrisulven

First impressions

Lots of potential, needs some love though.

Yup, my sentiments exactly.

desperately needs more vehicles and weapons.

(and open modding :) )

rgds

LoK

I'm just about to buy it. Or you would advise to wait some time?

I'm just about to buy it. Or you would advise to wait some time?

Depends on your tolerance level.

If you're a hardcore fan, you'll manage to have fun anyway.

I'm waiting for a patch, but now I haven't seen any news.

Depends on your tolerance level.

If you're a hardcore fan, you'll manage to have fun anyway.

I'm waiting for a patch, but now I haven't seen any news.

Here are the news from Iron Front forum :

Mates, the most important part of the upcoming patch is to make the game more stabile with less CTDs, freezes etc, plus fixing the additional bugs of the missions and the features that were reported in the forums.

That's the main priority.

You know, we can make various cool stuff, but if the CTDs will keep, they will not be very fun. So, first of all our priority is the stabile game.

Well I don't regret buying it anymore. I kind of regret writing this first look however. Turns out I enjoy IF and play it almost as much as A2, mostly making my own battles in the editor and tweaking them. Tank physics is way better then A2 and I love the new and improved vehicle damage. Low tec tank battles are seriously enjoyable because of it. I still got some AI issues but I don't consider it game braking anymore. Now if we only had some WF missions on those big beautiful maps :)

Lots of potential, needs some love though.

Sadly losing interest as for me it becomes unplayable on dedi after some hrs. Planes start to to hover in air, ai can't walk 2 ft than server stops respondin all together. this is a normal day in the life for IF after 3-5 hrs running.

Sadly losing interest as for me it becomes unplayable on dedi after some hrs. Planes start to to hover in air, ai can't walk 2 ft than server stops respondin all together. this is a normal day in the life for IF after 3-5 hrs running.

Not sure what server you are on or running but my dedi has been up continously since the game came out. I also run CTI or DasDans conqueor maps as well. No crashes, no hangups, no hiccups. I also use the latest patch and all this is run off an i5-2400 win7 64 bit basic computer that sits 2 feet in front of me. It also has a dedi arma2 CO as we speak for the last 4wks no crashes etc..

Love the game but it does have it's problems, like anything. Looking forward to more content. If you loved Panzer Elite, Steel Fury '42 and T34 vs Tiger then this is defintely the game for you.

Not sure what server you are on or running but my dedi has been up continously since the game came out. I also run CTI or DasDans conqueor maps as well. No crashes, no hangups, no hiccups. I also use the latest patch and all this is run off an i5-2400 win7 64 bit basic computer that sits 2 feet in front of me. It also has a dedi arma2 CO as we speak for the last 4wks no crashes etc..

Love the game but it does have it's problems, like anything. Looking forward to more content. If you loved Panzer Elite, Steel Fury '42 and T34 vs Tiger then this is defintely the game for you.

Yeah it's definatly a fun game/sim just frustrating, set to persistant atm an may start off the day an than come back later like over time all the events vehicles everything collected over time does the server in. I try to restrict ping to max of 200ms. Hopefully next patch will resolve some of this as it does have alot of potential. The Starzow map is absolutly amazing if not stunning lookin at 3000-4000 view distance.

I neither see or hear enthusiasm in forum about this game...

Maybe it's already dead??

I bought it but quickly abandoned in SP mode because the AI ​​is really dumb.

Online i prefer Red Orchestra 2

Maybe it's already dead??

Why maybe? It is, actually.

Umm check out the official iron front forums, lots of activity over there.

MP is certainly dead. 20 people max worldwide playing on 5 servers most of which are listen servers.

The activity on the official forum is just a few people praying for a miracle the game gets patched and revived.

other then Panzer Baron throwing them a tiny bone once in a blue moon theres not much else going on over there.

It's pretty sad because this game had so much potential, the vehicles are great, the maps are awesome, units are good

the animations are pretty kick ass but they dropped the ball releasing this game so many times it's not funny.

A sound mod is not going to revive this game.

So any positive suggestions besides keeping complaining about your feeling of death?

So any positive suggestions besides keeping complaining about your feeling of death?

Sure

- Fix the game, the last patch appears to have caused even more problems. [CTD...Freezing..etc]

- Stop ignoring the official forum

- Post some reasonably detailed information about whats going on with the patch. If there even is one coming.

- Have a chat with Bohemia about the modding issue [if checking/Approving mods is a requirement. Which I personaly don't believe it is. Didn't notice it in the contract.....uh huh]

Once all the issues with the game have been fixed contact the reviewers that gave it negative reviews and have them check it out again and do an updated review

and advertise the f$#% out of it with proper videos on Youtube, not those short staged ones with more WW2 film footage then game footage and ditch the post processing in whatever video editor they used.

All the above and more positive suggestions have been suggested a dozen or more times on the official forum with no reply other then the people who are just doing exactly the same thing that happened on the R02 and Dragon Rising forums

the common theme being..... it's the customers fault the game failed, not the developers.

If they don't do any of the things being suggested in the official forum then you guys will be doing nothing then clinging on to a decaying corpse.....

The fact that you can count the number of players on MP with 2 hands is proof enough... the game is pretty much dead right now with no signs of ever being revived.

Edited by jblackrupert

Sure

- Fix the game, the last patch appears to have caused even more problems. [CTD...Freezing..etc]

- Stop ignoring the official forum

- Post some reasonably detailed information about whats going on with the patch. If there even is one coming.

- Have a chat with Bohemia about the modding issue [if checking/Approving mods is a requirement. Which I personaly don't believe it is. Didn't notice it in the contract.....uh huh]

Once all the issues with the game have been fixed contact the reviewers that gave it negative reviews and have them check it out again and do an updated review

and advertise the f$#% out of it with proper videos on Youtube, not those short staged ones with more WW2 film footage then game footage and ditch the post processing in whatever video editor they used.

All the above and more positive suggestions have been suggested a dozen or more times on the official forum with no reply other then the people who are just doing exactly the same thing that happened on the R02 and Dragon Rising forums

the common theme being..... it's the customers fault the game failed, not the developers.

If they don't do any of the things being suggested in the official forum then you guys will be doing nothing then clinging on to a decaying corpse.....

The fact that you can count the number of players on MP with 2 hands is proof enough... the game is pretty much dead right now with no signs of ever being revived.

+ 1

Agreed 100%!!!

I see up to 70 players on arma2.ru and up to 25 on FH public every evening GMT+4. If you you have 95 fingers on both hands - well that is sad, you sould attend hospital.

- Have a chat with Bohemia about the modding issue [if checking/Approving mods is a requirement. Which I personaly don't believe it is. Didn't notice it in the contract.....uh huh

I think they really should have been call you, when they were signing a contract, for your stamp of approval. Thier bad.

And by the way, the expression "this game has so much potential" is so widely used that it can be replaced with TGHSMP.It will shorter your writings.

Edited by Li0n

Clinging to a corpse just like the Dragon Rising crowd did till the very end.

If they do add anti-cheat I'm willing to bet that those Russian servers will be empty right quick and the official forums will be flooded with "Why am I banned?" threads.

Clinging to a corpse just like the Dragon Rising crowd did till the very end.

The main difference however is that Iron Front is actually a good game!

The main difference however is that Iron Front is actually a good game!

No argument there, the maps are awesome, the tanks, planes , weapons and soldier models are awesome as well.

but, Deep Silver barely did a damn thing to promote it

the devs are pretty much ignoring all the forums created to talk about it

even the threads they created have been abandoned.

Hard copy pre-orders were never shipped and then cancelled altogeher.

Bohemia no longer has it on it's store and Steam users are demanding their money back.

Broken single player

Broken Dedicated server

CTD's and other major problems

No advertising outside of Russia and Germany to really speak of.

The moddding issue and the reason given for it and the fact that they claim they never read the contract..........

Doesn't matter how great a good "Could be" when you do [or not do] all the things they did or should have done.

As for Dragon Rising.... There's no reason why the console version couldn't have had a long long life

since there is nothing else like it on consoles..... Conmasters behavior caused it to die.

the devs are pretty much ignoring all the forums created to talk about it

You think they are pleased to read your whining across all forums?) All constructive critics ir read aalready, I`m sure.

Bohemia no longer has it on it's store

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137160-Why-was-Iron-Front-removed-from-BI-Store&p=2188106&viewfull=1#post2188106

2 thread lower, man. Are you reading anything?

If you fell that buying it was a mistake - then deman refund from Steam or wherever you got it. Your whine is a bit annoying.

2 thread lower, man. Are you reading anything?

Maybe he doesn't have the time to read all threads with a new post.

If you fell that buying it was a mistake - then deman refund from Steam or wherever you got it. Your whine is a bit annoying.

I dont think that someone who likes Arma will regret buying Iron Front.

But the support for Iron Front must become much better.

Bohemia no longer has it on it's store

It's back on BIstore. My theory is that it was suspended during -25% BIstore sales.

I'll just point out that it's 33% off on Steam today, so it goes for ~20 euros. If you feel like sparing some money and getting the game, today's the day.

I feel sorry for any mug who buys it. Speaking of Dragon Rising, I actually played it more than this.

I feel sorry for any mug who buys it. Speaking of Dragon Rising, I actually played it more than this.

That's hard, but we may hope next patch will allow you to enjoy it moar.