Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Apocalypse - Invade. Control. Conquer

sounds great, mark. i just played my first I44 apocalypse game on merderet and it was incredible.

any plans to publish a multiplayer variant at any point? do you imagine there would be any problems if one were to simply unpack a particular mission/pbo and add a few more playable classes for some quick and dirty co-op?

Awesome. glad to see it works well with I44 :)

y'know i would really love to put out a coop version of the mission. I honestly have no idea what would happen if you did a quick and dirty version, but I would LOVE for someone to take a crack at it.

I am almost positive just adding some playable characters in the mission.sqm will NOT do the trick. every player would kick off the spawning scripts and your processor will bleed, lol.

If you or someone else knows scripting, please take a crack at making this thing coop. good luck.

i'm guessing it's advisable to disable ACE when playing this mission? you mentioned some incompatibilities, just want to make sure.

i've played it with ACE before and from what i saw, its playable. But I dont support it, in other words, i'm not going to put code in to get around ACE conflicts.

Features:

Version 4.35:

- new addon : MV22 with Door Guns (USA, UK)

- new addon : AC130 (USA)

- new addon : Mi28 Havoc (RUSSIA)

- new : For varieties sake, you can now set an alliance to use a mix of paradrops and boat insertion. Just set Infiltration to "Mixed" on initial screen. Code will randomly determine which to use.

- new : USERCONFIG - MB_ReactionRange. Defaults to 400. This is the distance at which nearby groups get alerted (code-wise) to a death event.

- new : AI squads (not player controlled) will automatically get in the 'attached' turrets on the MV22, AC130, B17, and Ju52, when they are ordered on board. Any AI in cargo will be moved to fill up the gun turrets.

Edited by markb50k
added B17 and Ju52

Hey Mark!

Checking in with a couple of questions.

Just attempted I44 on "merderet v2" map

Why can I not choose germany as friendly?

Why is there only like six camps on the map?

Not being able to play as the Wehrmacht I elected to play as 82nd ab.

I spawned as a modern day infantry man in some far off place far far away from any camp.

Thanks for keeping on with this amazing game mode you have created!

Hey Mark!

Checking in with a couple of questions.

Just attempted I44 on "merderet v2" map

Why can I not choose germany as friendly?

Why is there only like six camps on the map?

Not being able to play as the Wehrmacht I elected to play as 82nd ab.

I spawned as a modern day infantry man in some far off place far far away from any camp.

Thanks for keeping on with this amazing game mode you have created!

wow, you got tons of issues. are you sure you installed correctly?

ill check my files and make sure i didnt screw up something at the last minute.

Did you set EAST to friendly? if you did you should be able to select GERMANY. Did GERMANY even show up in the dropdown list?

Do you have any other modern factions selected. Make sure no other factions other than I44 factions are selected.

Also make sure you actually have all of I44 mod loaded. some of what you are describing could happen if you just had Merderet loaded but not the full I44 mod

Allrighty then......

So Im an ass ...I didn't have i44 updated to 2.62 so that helped get all the camps to show on the merderet map.

I got Germany to show as friendlies thx 2 u! butt Even picking the east as friendlies I still spawn as an US modern day infantry.

I still have to update to apoc 4.35 as I'm @ 4.3.

I triple checked the faction selection, only I44 units added. Thanks 4 bearing with me, I'm sure we'll get it to run correctly!

Edited by ht-57

Ok that last part is easy

When you are picking factions remember that you also have the ability to select your player character. Just select a particular soldier type in the unit list and hit the select as player button

Or

In your user config file you can set the player character to be chosen randomly

TYVM!

I'm just a simple cave man and obviously not up to date with all these features you have incorporated!

All is running well, thanks again for your patience!

Mark,

Did I miss it? Have you (or someone else) written a set of instructions and/or description of all/most the features yet.

To be honest, played many hours, but yet to work out how to recruit and what the circles really mean ........... !!

I'll try to put some quick and dirty listing of useful features on the first page in a day or two to help out

Recruit. Select the friendly unit in map. Bring up COMMS menu. Select recruit group or recruit particular soldier type. You need enough points.

Circles are objectives. Color denotes friendly enemy etc. they just mean that it's a location a particular side will be sending troops to capture. They change throughout the mission as progress happens

Added link to FAQ on first post.

Let me know if there are things i missed, that you need explained better. I'm sure i forgot something. I'll try to keep it updated.

(CHECK FIRST POST FOR LINK TO THIS FILE)

Edited by markb50k

Whoah! Thats all in there?! Impressive code.

I've barely scratched the surface then lol

1 Question I can't see explained:

Is it possible/How do I increase the number of units engaging/mobilising into the battlefield.

Seems only a few squads by default, no matter what I dial up in FACTIONS. (now I understand what the number is, its a weight, not a count)

Is it only the option to "SPEED UP ALL FRIENDLY REINFORCEMENTS" ?

Edit: forgot to mention, your on-line document is clipping text. Downloaded it instead.

Gnat;2237743']Whoah! Thats all in there?! Impressive code.

I've barely scratched the surface then lol

1 Question I can't see explained:

Is it possible/How do I increase the number of units engaging/mobilising into the battlefield.

Seems only a few squads by default' date=' no matter what I dial up in FACTIONS. (now I understand what the number is, its a weight, not a count)

Is it only the option to "[i']SPEED UP ALL FRIENDLY REINFORCEMENTS[/i]" ?

Edit: forgot to mention, your on-line document is clipping text. Downloaded it instead.

yeah, i put the document up there intending to have it be downloaded. for some reason it tries showing it in that on-line document style. So yeah, downloading it is better.

as for getting more forces, yes, speeding up reinforcements is the only way. the initial size of your starting forces is pretty much static, other than being affected by the map size. youll start off with more on Chernarus than Zargabad, for instance.

STAY TUNED FOR A NEW VERSION...

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Features:

Version 4.4:

- new addon : Sahrani Rearmed SLA Troops (SLA)

- new addon : Sahrani Rearmed SLA Vehicles (SLA)

- fix/tweaks : numerous

link changes when i update the file. check the first post for the right link

FYI, the next version will be adding some performance tuning to help reduce savegame size and handle situations where you are running a ton of mods/armies at once. I've been noticing some issues when youre pushing the full capacity of supported mods, which I do regularly. It will require a restart if you elect to take the new version.

link changes when i update the file. check the first post for the right link

Thanks. Awesome dedication to this mission/mod, congrats :)

i can't seem to figure out how to actually take control of units i recruit in the field. it says to do so through the HQ command menu or something like that, but i couldn't find anything which actually brought the troops under my orders.

i can't seem to figure out how to actually take control of units i recruit in the field. it says to do so through the HQ command menu or something like that, but i couldn't find anything which actually brought the troops under my orders.

Are you familiar with the High Command module? These groups are added to your "High Command".

Unless you've changed the key-bindings, all you have to do is hit Ctrl+Space and on the bottom of the screen you'll see your squads.

Let me know if that helps.

Hi mark,

thank you for the ongoing support for BOTH your outstanding missions under a unified frame!

Especially :thumb: for considering performance; quite a few people like me feel really punished by their aging hardware. (Win XP 32 BIT; 4 GB RAM/3GB utilized; AMD Phenom X4 940 OC'ed to 3.6 Ghz; Geforce 8800 GT; 1 Terabyte SATA-HDD@ 7200 RPM) But since I guess I would have to build a completely new system to really improve my Combined Ops performance, that can as well wait until A3 is out.

Now, regarding performance, there is one great tool that the old LOST code had which now sadly is applied automatically ONLY: the total maximum number of infantry or vehicle patrols in LOST-mode. That was great to tailor the system load specifically to map and hardware for each gamer's individual combination of both variables. It would be really great to see that feature back within the configuration options.

Now to some more trivial matters: first off, thanks for giving folks that don't like/use ACE access to a medical/repair system which is less "magical" than BIS code within APOC. But do these medical and repair items from APOC mode appear in LOST-mode too, or not at all? Even if they are limited to APOC, how do they get along with some mod's proprietary sytems if one uses these? This is quite important if you play with I 44 or ACE+ASR Appendix since these mods have their own medical/repair systems.

I am finishing a mission on Duala under the old LOST code these days; suffering heavy frame rate drops after a few hours of in-game time (26% victory). Now, whenever a save is loaded, the frames drop from around 19-25 down to 5-9 after a few minutes in-game, but otherwise it is just perfect for my liking because I have the ACE wounding and repair sytem to provide me with LOADS of immersion.

Like, towing a BRDM-2 out of the shallow water to find it's engine damaged, but guns functional => tow it with the captured enemy BMP-2 which has destroyed main gun, but working engine, so that the BRDM-2 serves as roadblock/static HMG/cover on a nearby bridge. You can't repair either of the armoured vehicles to full function under ACE repair, so this was real immersive use of resources just by using mods on top of your already impressive mission framework.

On the other hand, I am well aware that features like these might have a great impact on my system load. Just imagine how much stress a group of wounded soldiers in shallow water, enemy or friendly, will put onto my system until they are found and then executed/healed!

So, is there any possibility in your APOC wounding code to achieve it that wounded men in water die after a set amount of minutes? That would make a lot of system power free again and would be a real advantage compared to ACE, where those poor fellas stay in coma (and probably bring my gaming rig into that state as well as time goes by...) for the ENTIRE mission until found.

My suggestion is to test in the next version whether features like that towing/repairing or medical systems ( as far as they can be implemented) within the LOST/APOC code cause heavy lag for players once they have spent some time in the mission or whether these proprietary systems run more smooth than mod added stuff. That is just one way of doing it, probably creating an extra addon including these kind of things might be a better idea since not all players might be so obsessed with facing real world logistic tasks like I am.

Anyway, keep up your great work,

touristo

Edited by touristo

Features:

Version 4.5: REQUIRES A RESTART TO GET FIXES/TWEAKS

- fix : LOST - error in FSM process that prevented actions and radio task being completed

- fix : LOST - intel was showing civilians as enemy

- tweak : cleaned up how i store all the classnames. savegame file size should be smaller.

Touristo: I'll reply with some comments in a bit to your questions..