Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Apocalypse - Invade. Control. Conquer

Yes I have the same problem, it must be another mod, I have like 10 mods installed

Yep i play with mod, but same than before, so i don't really see what can be the problem.

This mission is veru CPU heavy and does not use your graphics card much. Therefore if you spawn too many units it slows down big time.

I have the same problem. Keep your numbers low.

I dont know whassup with Mark, this thread is dead....!!!?

Any how, been playing latest version and getting the " Arma2 has stopped working" crash to desktop every single time. Anybody out there having the same issue???

Every 30 or so seconds I'm getting a stutter then an error msg. something missing SQF line 183, one of those. Anyone else getting the same? Tried it Vanilla and still happens.

I scaled back to using version 5.0.1 of this mission and played 2 hrs without any problem or crash, try that, maybe the latest version is still buggy...?

When I first bought Arma2 it was a mixed experience for me. The game itself is clearly fantastic. But learning to control it and not die and appreciate it for what it is (an incredible sim not an arcardey shooter) was a bit difficult. Also I found the scripted nature of the 'campaigns' a bit off-putting after a while. Then I discovered MarkB50K's "Lost" scenario and I was totally in love. A sandbox singleplayer massive strategic campaign requiring you to master both the tactical and larger theatre issues all in one. But I kinda burned out and stopped playing the game altogther about a year or so ago I guess.

Have been playing Lost (5.3 version prior to it being integrated in as a mode in Apocalypse) constantly in the past couple weeks, and having taken a break from the game I think I'm finally starting to 'get the hang' of the controls and have had a number of very successful engagements where I managed to take out 20 or 30 enemy at loss of only 1 soldier or even none.

Just wanted to pop in and say: I'm loving it. Thanks a million for this mod/mission Mark!!

Few Questions:

ADDIT: have now answered question 1 for myself. I have seen one of my AT soldiers launch a rocket at a vehicle all on his own. We were shuffling around in a patch of woods with a curvy road going through it, trying not to die while the AI sent a MG truck, then some infantry, then an APC to the area. My AI soldiers spotted the APC and they all still had fire at will set. Couple seconds later one of my two AT soldiers launched his rocket at the APC and blew it to smithereens! So I guess that confirms, when the AI sees the right opportunity to use his AT weapon, he will do it. Still curious about the grenades and esp. the launched ones.

1. When I have a soldier equipped with both a rifle and an anti-tank weapon (M136 or Javelin or whatever) and I tell him to target a vehicle like a tank or an APC, will he 'know' to switch to the AT weapon? I have yet to see any of my AT soldiers use their AT weapons on anything, though I do think they must have used them at least once because I noticed one with no ammo after an engagement, and I think he shot down an Mi-24 with it. Somebody shot it down somehow so it must have been one of the AT soldiers in my ~40 soldier platoon.

2. I seem to recall once or twice noticing a "Swicth to _alternate weapon_" command in one of my High Command windows. I want to say it was under the 6 set of commands "Actions" but I cannot recall. However, I cannot now find it. Is there such a command for squad member?

3. Do AI ever use grenades, either thrown or launcher fired?

Edited by Anthropoid

Any chance of this ever being ported to 3? This and lost were my favorite missions in 2 for sp, so thank you for all your work, excellent missions.

Any chance of this ever being ported to 3? This and lost were my favorite missions in 2 for sp, so thank you for all your work, excellent missions.

That's the same question I've got.

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaark. Where are you? Long time no see. Would love to see this fab mission ported to A3 as well.

WOH! Thats a lot of FACTIONS! WOW! I'm gonna test this out.

Anyone happen to have the old 5.0.1 version? I deleted my old one and the newest one lags me out

My frames drop so badly xD!!! I have a gtx geforce 660 and I usually get a solid 45 frames on gamemodes like Wasteland and Dayz and takistan life. But this Mission I get 10-18 frames. Its so BAD!

But I other then that, the mission is amazing. 7/10 stars

I never did upgrade my version of Apocalypse to the last one that had Lost in it as a sub-module. But I played a lot of the LOST mission, and here lately have been playing it again. I really think it is brilliant.

So in efforts to maybe draw MarkB50K out of hiding and back to the forums, and also to promote the LOST mission, here are the first few episodes of a Lets Play I'm doing.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episodes 5, 6 & 7 are also recorded and five is uploading. Can link those a bit later, if it is not a problem to have many video links.

Guys, I downloaded the mission because I want to play it in "Lost mode" - but where is the mode - is it lost? ;) What I saw is some factions setup screens, but no Lost mode switch. TIA.

EDIT: RTFM is the answer ;)

HOW DO I PLAY 'LOST'?

----------------

LOST was the original game mode for this mission, and is a mission where you are a lone survivor of your side and must battle against an overwhelming enemy army to retake a country. APOCALYPSE was created using most of the LOST code, but changing the game mode to have up to 3 AI armies constantly battle over the island.

1. by default, the game is in APOCALYPSE mode.

2. in USERCONFIG you can set MB_LostMode = 1, to set the game to be LOST mode.

EDIT2: Hmm, it does not seem to be "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\userconfig\MARKB50K_Apocalypse\settings.sqf" - no changes to gameplay.

So how can I change to "Lost mode"?

EDIT3: Solved, I was too stupid to enter the config file correctly. Now it works.

Edited by tortuosit

I think its unplayable for me on my i7 2500k/GTX-570 system. I started it only with "-mod=@MARKB50K_Apocalypse;<maps>" -nosplash -skipIntro -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7"

...and Lost mode in Chernarus. Only chose the USMC faction as blufor and Russians as OPFOR. Not whole country.

Well, framerates are around 15 FPS, often with drops down to less than 5. Ugh.

Hi everybody. maybe someone of you could help me to find the settings I would like to have.

I suppose it is possible to start "apocalypse" on an island with a setting that looks like this ???

- all bases are controlled by enemy

- you start with an initial invasion on some point, thus forming a beachhead

- subsequently capturing outposts/bases to gain more support points for reinforcements

-...while the enemy tries to push you back into the sea (settings from easy to hard)

whenever I start a map and altering settings for amount of initial troops - and countries/factions uses

I start with an island already partially in control of my side - especially the smaller islands are

almost 50/50 in control (with two sides playing for control). and battles are already raging

criss-crossing the island since control of bases is spread not concentrated on some parts.

btw: Is that meant to be that I can buy upgrades (recruiting desk) without having an HQ present?

how do I get the HQ? I just do not understand how it works it seems

thanks for any help

Is there a reason I'm spawning on the clean end of the map that's in the middle of nowhere? I don't want to walk 500 million miles just to get to the actual part of the map.

This version is extremely slow on my I7/GTX 680 box. I heard that the old version is suppose to be better so does anyone have 5.0.1? I can't seem to find a link anywhere.

You might want to ask Armaholic. From what I understand, they keep all files ever submitted to them.

I just emailed them to see if they might help me find it.

Do you know of a way for me to run this mission without it stuttering like it is doing? I try messing around with the config file for the factions but can't get it to where it even playable.

hmmmmm, options......maybe lower your View? Textures?......not sure.

it definitely the mission as I can run Lost with not as bad frame rates as Apocalypse. I tried 5.01 which I got from Armaholic (Thanks for suggestion btw), but I get the same result.

No promised timeframe, but since I will eventually be playing ARMA 3, I will try to port these mission to it as well.

At this point, i'm in a Skyrim modding mood and am 'on-break' from ARMA 2, so it'll be after that.

Appreciate the good words.

As for performance, not sure what even changed between 5.0.1 and the latest version, surely nothing that would affect frame rates.

did anyone get anywhere with making this MP? even if it's just a grunt in your squad it would be nice to have a real brother in arms rather than AI

At this point, i'm in a Skyrim modding mood and am 'on-break' from ARMA 2, so it'll be after that.

Glad to see you haven't completely left Mark

Looking forward to the ArmA3 version !