Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Apocalypse - Invade. Control. Conquer

red should be enemy, no matter if you are playing as WEST or EAST.

are you sure the red icons are 'friendly' units? click on the icons on the map and it should display some info about the group. In the upper right hand corner of the Hint box it should say either "ENEMY" or a group name if its friendly. What does it show on the red icons?

This will tell me if its a bug or not.

Also, are you running any other mods? since that might be overwriting my color settings on the icons.

Spent several hours on it tonight.

This time running Capraia and all the Pedagne mod units. Everything is good.

No icon color bugs at all.

Sadly I tried to run Ru units looking for where the Bink OMON are but still could not locate. they are not under any menu heading. I played with RU VDV, and RU Vityaz, both being Ru. internal ministry police (like a heavy swat unit of US). I still could not reproduce the proper uniforms.

I'll keep looking...

also my player's name appears as sgt. Shannon even though in userconfig I use a custom name...

Edited by BlackADD3R

One thing I discovered, and this is not specific to Apoc., is that if you always pic the Eastern factions (I almost always play RU) then friendly icons will always be red and US or Western units appear green/blue. That was my problem in seeing friendlies marked in red, must be the way the game sees nationality but it should be different in my opinion.

Yeah, the icon color IS a bug. just figured it out this morning, will get a fix up in a moment.

as for the BINK Omon, since I consider them special forces, please remember that special forces dont popup that often. if you are trying to PLAY as a BINK omon, easiest way to figure it out is just put the classname in your USERCONFIG file..

MB_PreferredPlayerType = "FR_TL";

replace FR_TL with one of these supported OMON units..

"bink_omon_operator",
"bink_omon_operator_gl",
"bink_omon_operator_mg",
"bink_omon_operator_at",
"bink_omon_sniper",
"bink_omon_teamleader"

when you do that, you'll also see a * by the unit in the soldier name list in the UNITS listbox in the faction selection screen, to confirm.

The reason why your custom name doesnt popup is because at the beginning of the mission, the original editor-placed character (who has your name) is deleted and a new unit is created of the unit type you start with, and that guy gets a standard BIS name. Not sure how to transfer the name from unit to unit.. if anyone figures that out, let me know and I'll put the fix in for it..

Expect a new version in a few minutes..

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Features:

Version 4.95:

- new addon : Massi's UK SF

- fix : unpacking of HQ was not working if you had any static weapon upgrades.. major bug, sorry about that one

- fix : Group Icons were not getting the correct color scheme (blue=friendly, red=enemy, green=other enemy)

- new : in equipment editor you can now set certain weapon/ammo as "junk", meaning your personal cache will not collect that kind of item anymore. useful for cleaning up your personal cache when it has too much stuff in it and is unmanageable.

- tweak : periodically deletes any "weaponholder" objects that get created in water when a soldier drops his gear. was cluttering the save game.

I have to tell you; had a wonderful session playing last night. Using Pedagne mod, paradropped Italian paras from a AC-130.

Ran guerilla style ops lone wolf-like for the first half hour, just scouting the landscape, until reinforcement platoon came to me. 12 men joined me and we cleared outpost after outpost on Aliabad. I had conjured up plenty of AA operators who did a good job at downing any Takistani aircraft who tried to drop enemies and we strangled their supply lines.I finally lost 9 of my men taking a hill and the remaining 3 of us stole a jeep with recoilless rifle on board and ....well it's in progress but this story burned up a good 3 hours of my evening.

Needless to say fully satisfying.

:)

Thanks for the feedback. that kind of open-ended "fight it the way you want to" is what I was looking for! Glad you're having fun!

I'll be putting out a new version, that should be a bit better running on long playthroughs, performance wise. I'm testing now..

On an absolutely un-related topic (I shouldn't be posting this here but..)

I am getting 40-50 fps on Chernarus with all settings high, all trees/grass on high , 3600 m visibility playing Flashpoint scenarios.

The story described above in Aliabad on Apoc. gives me 12-20 fps. The thing is, that it is totally playable, smooth, no issues whatsoever. How could that be at 20fps?

And the cutscenes in the menu screen where you choose settings and scenario give me 50-60 fps, which is even stranger.

I am measuring using gamebooster 3 , which has a frame-per-second- counter option in the corner.

Features:

Version 5:

- new addon : Hellenic Armed Forces Mod

- tweak : performance improvement that prevents literally hundreds of FSMs processes being spawned by the High Command module. RESTART required to get this tweak. Also, all Mission PBOs should be overwritten to allow this change.

This Mission looks really good, but how to setup an HQ? I can´t find it out, even after reading the FAQ/Hints.

Greets

This Mission looks really good, but how to setup an HQ? I can´t find it out, even after reading the FAQ/Hints.

Greets

after you have earned 1000 support points, you will have an option under your reinforcements menu (0-8-2) to order an HQ. select that and after a few minutes your HQ will arrive as a reinforcement.

you could also elect to start the mission with a HQ, by selecting the option on the first menu screen you see when you start the mission.

after you have earned 1000 support points

Thats the thing i didn´t knowed. Thanks a bunch Mark! :)

I m really admiring the "whole" concept (although i m playing always at LOST mode)..but even with

last (tweaked) version,FPS are (still) terribly low.

I only wish if you could make it for Dedi server version*

(*Coop with only 1 Leader and his special HQ functions and rest slots just friendly units)

so ALL A.I. calculations would stop killing the client..

I really want to enjoy this mission.. :/

Mark,

In the init_island after small and large camp positions and the weather, you have- "GLaddittionaltown logics"- what is the function of those positions?

I m really admiring the "whole" concept (although i m playing always at LOST mode)..but even with

last (tweaked) version,FPS are (still) terribly low.

I only wish if you could make it for Dedi server version*

(*Coop with only 1 Leader and his special HQ functions and rest slots just friendly units)

so ALL A.I. calculations would stop killing the client..

I really want to enjoy this mission.. :/

if you want to take a stab at it, please do. Like i said, its probably easier than i imagine, but i dont want to start the whole process of converting to MP, since I have NEVER played MP and I dont plan to. Takes too much of family time away.

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Mark,

In the init_island after small and large camp positions and the weather, you have- "GLaddittionaltown logics"- what is the function of those positions?

well, especially in LOST, less in Apocalypse, alot of logic is based on which town you are in, so I usually like to have a good number of towns in the game. for certain maps i felt there wasnt enough towns or the island maker is using NameLocals that arent detected by my code. So, to adjust that, I specify in certain islands specific locations that the mission will consider a 'town'. For instance in Zagrabad i break up the main city into sub sections to make more sense game-play wise.

In that array, i also specify whether to create a name label on the map for the city or to just use the label that may already be there from the island maker.

Hope that explains it. Glad to see someone inspecting the script files. That's how I learned how to code too! :)

if you want to take a stab at it, please do. Like i said, its probably easier than i imagine, but i dont want to start the whole process of converting to MP, since I have NEVER played MP and I dont plan to. Takes too much of family time away.

Well i hope (with your permission) a community member-lot more capable then me-(..and having the same problem) may

probably wants to do it..and Yes..Family time is really more important than anything else :)

It's really admirable the work you 've done so far.

Thank you

Thanks

And let me be clear. I give my permission to anyone out there who wants to take a crack at putting out a coop version. Just credit me or send me the attempt and I can help push it across the finish line. I know that it may have to be a stripped down version of the mission without a lot of the player centric functionality to make it work multiplayer

Features:

Version 5.01:

- new addon : Su-15TM Flagon

- tweak : upped cost of Infantry and SF Squad

- tweak : kills by troops under your command award you support points (formerly was just for your kills)

- numerous small bug fixes

To get the new addon, the su15 yes. The tweaks however are autoupdated so no need to restart

Sorry to say its hard to play right now. Game freezes every 5 seconds during AI paradrops or ac flights overhead. Sound on player also stutters and cuts out (ex: the sound of me running disappears and is intermittent).I use 3500m view distance so anything in my range of vision is hogging resources.

[Phenom 970 BE @3600- HD6870- 8gB RAM -SSD]

that's strange. anyone else getting this? no real changes in code since what you are playing, especially if its a restart.

are you using the new mission pbos that i put out a version or two ago?

Other than that, i think its got to be another mod you have. If you want to mess around, try starting the mission with smaller and smaller amount of AI to see if that works... Kinda lost for recommendations here..

also maybe select it to not use dynamic weather, that another semi-large process.

viewdistance at 3500 is a bit high as well, maybe lower that.. just grasping for straws here

I'll figure it out. Another thing that's nagging (it was talked about on page 22 of this thread) is that sometimes at mission generation, the game gets kinda stuck on generating factions with a black screen, but I can still hear birds in the background, water sounds, and if I fire my weapon I can hear the gunshot. Just the screen is black (no I'm not playing at night!!) ...the game is there ,i can walk, run, I hear my own footsteps...but its all black with the white text "generating factions...." Anyone out there see this before?

EDIT!

Solved the black screen problem by disabling some mods I had. I really find it hard to run ArmA2 without mods, I'm addicted to finding the best possible combination.

Presently it is running fine with: @coslx @JTD, @jsrs @asr, @asr_ai, @asc, @zgb, @rug_dsai, @extra units and vehicles, all the markB50K addons, @Pedagne mod, @US Seals, @mctierone and @DFs Fps counter to finish it off.

Edited by BlackADD3R
added info

that issue that you are having, the black screen stuck at "generating factions", thats could be a bug in my code, that is a parsing error in one of my faction files.

try to reproduce it, and then when it happens, check your .RPT file and look for the script error message usually at the bottom of the file, that will tell me what faction file it is in. Thanks