Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Apocalypse - Invade. Control. Conquer

this is a really awesome mission. any chance you could add the desert marpat marines from ACEX_USNAVY?

Just started to give this one a try...I can tell I'll be tinkering with this for some time to come! Excellent work, it goes without saying.

If you could, not sure if I saw them in the order of battle, or in the prior 35 pages, it'd be awesome to have McNools' Tier One Operators, OA Desert Mercs, and TF86 SEALS. These represent some of the best US SOF options, I would love to see them included.

Thanks for making this mission that essentially does what we all wish the game could do.

Jets and choppers: if you select just 1944 factions you shouldn't get any jets and choppers. Please make sure no other factions are chosen down your list. If you still get jets and choppers copy you faction choices to the clipboard using the COPY TO CLIPBOARD button and PM me it so I can debug it.

Country vs faction: when you select any faction in the screen it will automatically assign a 1 to that factions country because a faction AND its country have to be selected for the faction to show up. I do the automatic selection to save people some clicks. Don't worry if the USMC factions have a 1 by their country... They will NOT be in the mission unless you select their FACTION as well.

The two numbers faction and country give you the ability to specify how often a country is picked when spawning and then how often a faction is chosen within the country's forces..

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Starting in vehicle: the player has these choices for how they start

- In plane as a paratrooper is the default

- if you select INFILTRATE Yes for friendly then you will start off on ground or in a boat depending on the map type

- if you select INFILTRATE Yes and START WITH HQ Yes you will start with the HQ right next to you on land maps or the HQ will appear on the beach if you start in a boat

There is NO option to start in a tank. You'll have to find one on the battlefield or order one thru your reinforcements

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Hi Mark great mission!,

Was wondering if I44 mod is supported now should the download page on armaholic list be updated indicating that I44 mod is now supported,

or am I misunderstanding your post #345?

The armaholic page I don't update. And I'm not sure how often that page is updated by the moderators. YES Invasion 44 is supported and you can use I44 factions with the mission. I would recommend using the media fire link to ENSURE you have the latest version

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

this is a really awesome mission. any chance you could add the desert marpat marines from ACEX_USNAVY?

I don't support any ACE units because in order to support any ACE troops I have to support the ACE mod and there's just too many conflicts with the mission

If someone's done a nonACE version of them i can support them

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Just started to give this one a try...I can tell I'll be tinkering with this for some time to come! Excellent work, it goes without saying.

If you could, not sure if I saw them in the order of battle, or in the prior 35 pages, it'd be awesome to have McNools' Tier One Operators, OA Desert Mercs, and TF86 SEALS. These represent some of the best US SOF options, I would love to see them included.

Thanks for making this mission that essentially does what we all wish the game could do.

I'll take a look at all three of those. Thanks for the feedback!

The armaholic page I don't update. And I'm not sure how often that page is updated by the moderators. YES Invasion 44 is supported and

you can use I44 factions with the mission. I would recommend using the media fire link to ENSURE you have the latest version

Ok, thanks Mark, Ya I got the right one then, great mission.

Question,

I was wondering if it were possible to put a small loading bar for each camp, like for example when you go to capture a camp

there would be a loading bar, like a progression before you can capture it, like say within 30 sec, this way it would put the player on the

edge more to want to keep a lookout versus just walking through the camp and capturing it automatically.

Code

[["(EAST) RU",0,0],["(EAST) RU Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) RU VDV (Airborne)",0,0],["(EAST) RU VDV Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) RU Marines",0,0],["(EAST) RU Marines Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) RU Desert",0,0],["(EAST) RU VDV Desert",0,0],["(EAST) RU Marines Desert",0,0],["(EAST) RU 1980s Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) TK",0,0],["(EAST) TK Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) TK GUE",0,0],["(EAST) TK GUE Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) TK INS",0,0],["(EAST) TK INS Veh",0,0],["(EAST) CHKDZ/PRSZ",0,0],["(EAST) CHKDZ Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) NAPA",0,0],["(EAST) NAPA Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) PMC",0,0],["(EAST) PMC Vehicles",0,0],["(EAST) FRANCE 1944",0,0],["(EAST) FRANCE 1944 Veh",0,0],["(EAST) GERMANY 1944",1,1],["(EAST) GERMANY 1944 Camo",0,1],["(EAST) GERMANY 1944 Paratroopers",0,1],["(EAST) GERMANY 1944 Vehicles",1,1],["(EAST) GERMANY 1944 Waffen SS",0,1],["(EAST) GERMANY 1944 SS Vehicles",0,1],["(EAST) UN PEACEKEEPERS",0,0],["(EAST) UN Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) USMC",0,1],["(WEST) USMC Vehicles",0,1],["(WEST) US Army Desert ACU",0,1],["(WEST) US Army Desert US4CES",0,1],["(WEST) US Army Desert Veh",0,1],["(WEST) US Army 1980s Vehicles",0,1],["(WEST) US Army 1944 29thID",0,1],["(WEST) US Army 1944 1stID",0,1],["(WEST) US Army 1944 101st AB",1,1],["(WEST) US Army 1944 82nd AB",0,1],["(WEST) US Army 1944 Vehicles",1,1],["(WEST) RU",0,0],["(WEST) RU Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) RU VDV Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) RU Marines Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) RU 1980s Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) TK",0,0],["(WEST) TK Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) TK GUE",0,0],["(WEST) TK GUE Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) TK INS",0,0],["(WEST) TK INS Veh",0,0],["(WEST) CDF",0,0],["(WEST) CDF (Vilas)",0,0],["(WEST) CDF Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) CDF Desert Veh",0,0],["(WEST) CHKDZ/PRSZ",0,0],["(WEST) CHKDZ Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) NAPA",0,0],["(WEST) NAPA Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) PMC",0,0],["(WEST) PMC Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) UK",0,0],["(WEST) UK Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) UK Desert",0,0],["(WEST) UK Desert Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) UK Army 1944",0,0],["(WEST) UK Army 1944 Airborne",0,0],["(WEST) UK Army 1944 Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) FRANCE 1944",0,0],["(WEST) FRANCE 1944 Veh",0,0],["(WEST) GERMANY Desert",0,0],["(WEST) CZECH REP Vehicles",0,0],["(WEST) CZECH REP Desert",0,0],["(WEST) CZECH REP Desert Veh",0,0],["(WEST) UN PEACEKEEPERS",0,0],["(WEST) UN Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) RU",0,0],["(GUER) RU Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) RU VDV Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) RU Marines Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) RU 1980s Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) TK",0,0],["(GUER) TK Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) TK GUE",0,0],["(GUER) TK GUE Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) TK INS",0,0],["(GUER) TK INS Veh",0,0],["(GUER) CHKDZ/PRSZ",0,0],["(GUER) CHKDZ Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) NAPA",0,0],["(GUER) NAPA Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) PMC",0,0],["(GUER) PMC Vehicles",0,0],["(GUER) FRANCE 1944",0,0],["(GUER) FRANCE 1944 Veh",0,0],["(GUER) UN PEACEKEEPERS",0,0],["(GUER) UN Vehicles",0,0],["Chernarus",0],["Takistan",0]]

Tonight;

Found a T72

Found a downed Mi17

Was attacked by a Mi24

Is this the 3rd side or independent ?

In the first screen I change nothing except the start time.

The third option "Resistance" I leave as THIRD SIDE ..... which I assume (as I didnt select enemy or friendly) means NO THIRD SIDE starts ?

Wrong?

If so, how do I get just 2 side only?

Gnat;2233031']Is this the 3rd side or independent ?

In the first screen I change nothing except the start time.

The third option "Resistance" I leave as THIRD SIDE ..... which I assume (as I didnt select enemy or friendly) means NO THIRD SIDE starts ?

Wrong?

If so' date=' how do I get just 2 side only?[/quote']

Good question. For my part i choose "friendly" as the third part, and so there's only two sides (if i understood correctly...which isn't sure).

ok, thanks for the explanation. thats explains it perfectly.

For APOCALYPSE, if you pick THIRD SIDE for RESISTANCE, even if you don't select any factions for it, it will use the default RESISTANCE factions, which is either NAPA or TK INS, depending on the map. That's where your modern stuff is coming from.

To prevent any of those guys, you need to make it a 2 SIDED battle, so set RESISTANCE to either FRIENDLY or ENEMY. Solved.

PS. in LOST mode, since it is always a 2 sided battle, no need to worry about this.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

EDIT: will be releasing a new version tomorrow. Adding in support for "Merderet v2" map from I44, and the TF86 seals, Tier One, and Generic Blackops mods.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Question,

I was wondering if it were possible to put a small loading bar for each camp, like for example when you go to capture a camp

there would be a loading bar, like a progression before you can capture it, like say within 30 sec, this way it would put the player on the

edge more to want to keep a lookout versus just walking through the camp and capturing it automatically.

Took a look at the code, and to implement this, i would have to rewrite the camp-capturing code and put a lot of checks in, depending on if AI are in the area, or no, and if the player is alone, or with AI, etc. Would be a big change for a feature I'm not really in favor for. If it was an easy code fix and i would make it a configurable option, but alas, its a bigger impact than i want to tackle.

BTW i nocticed modern civilian cars here and there while playing I44 on Neaville map. Is it intended ?

not intended, but not really preventable, its one of those little things that bleeds through when you take a modern-aimed mission and convert it to WWII era. I could put an option to turn off civilian car spawning altogether, if it is too immersion-breaking? Is that a feature you'd want?

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

EDIT: put that option in, will be in next version

not intended, but not really preventable, its one of those little things that bleeds through when you take a modern-aimed mission and convert it to WWII era. I could put an option to turn off civilian car spawning altogether, if it is too immersion-breaking? Is that a feature you'd want?

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

EDIT: put that option in, will be in next version

Great, thanks a lot :)

Took a look at the code, and to implement this, i would have to rewrite the camp-capturing code and put a lot of checks in, depending on if AI are in the area, or no, and if the player is alone, or with AI, etc. Would be a big change for a feature I'm not really in favor for. If it was an easy code fix and i would make it a configurable option, but alas, its a bigger impact than i want to tackle.

Makes sense.

How did you make it so that when the player or enemy AI enters the camp that a hint would pop up and state who captured it?

I can almost reproduce this in a mission via a trigger like this:

from a mission I built I took the following from the Sqm:

class Sensors
{
	items=2;
	class Item0
	{
		position[]={615.64838,121.92664,262.78436};
		a=10;
		b=10;
		angle=47.454399;
		rectangular=1;
		activationBy="EAST SEIZED";
		repeating=1;
		interruptable=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		expActiv=[b]"hint ""Axis has captured Bastogne!""; ""Mk1"" setMarkerColor ""Colorred""; ";[/b]
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};
	class Item1
	{
		position[]={616.53735,121.92311,263.37189};
		a=10;
		b=10;
		angle=47.454399;
		rectangular=1;
		activationBy="WEST";
		repeating=1;
		interruptable=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		expActiv=[b]"hint ""Allied has captured Bastogne!""; ""Mk1"" setMarkerColor ""Colorblue""; ";[/b]
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};

Basically I put 2 triggers down that covered a certain area and a marker, the marker would have different color representing side/faction,

and then who ever enters the trigger a hint will pop up and state either

Allied has captured Bastogne!

or

Axis has captured Bastogne!

Im playing with I44 btw.

At the same time I used setMarkerColor command to change the color of the flag on the map indicating who owns it, when the trigger was entered.

Is this similar to what you did?

sorry i didn't look at any of the scripts in your mission or reviewed the mission in the editor,

but I'd like to create my own missions with this capture type concept, similarly like how the game RO (Red Orchestra)

does it when you capture a capzone.

I use a FSM because i have to do some other stuff in that script, pertaining to whether the user is present or near. if the user is really close you get the full support point bonus, if player is somewhat close you get half.

also, since its script driven, i didnt have to handplace triggers, which would be a big bother with the number of diverse maps i support.

to see the code, just dePBO and look at the scripts/fsmCamp.sqf file.

this is a small part of the file, but contains all the code that handles this..

//check for visited locs and town hint name
_locs = nearestObjects [getPosATL (vehicle player), ["LocationLogic"], 500];
_temp = _locs - GlbTownLogics;
_locs = _locs - _temp;

If (count _locs > 0) Then
{
{
	If !(_x in GlbVisitedLocs) Then	{GlbVisitedLocs set [(count GlbVisitedLocs), _x];};
} forEach _locs;

_loc = _locs select 0;
_name = (_loc getVariable "name");

If (_name != vNearTownName) Then
{
	vNearTownName = _name;
	["", "", _name] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;
};
}
Else
{
vNearTownName = "";
};

If (vLostMode) Then
{
If !(vSearchCampHinted) Then
{
	_playercamps2 = [];
	_veh = vehicle player;
	If (_veh isKindOf "CAManBase" || _veh isKindOf "LandVehicle") Then
	{	
		_playercamps2 = ((getPosATL _veh) nearEntities [["LocationLogicCamp"], 200]);
		_playercamps2 = _playercamps2 - (_playercamps2 - (GlbHeloLocs + GlbCampLocs));  //intersection with all actual camps
	};

If (count _playercamps2 > 0) Then
	{
		vSearchCampHinted = true;
		_str = "Across the country, military encampments dot the landscape.  Searching these camps may turn up weapons, ammo, vehicles, and fuel.  And of course, enemies.  On your map, the color of the camp will denote who owned this at the outset of the mission.  (Travel to any camp and search it to complete this task)";
		Hint _str;

TASK_SEARCHCAMP = player createSimpleTask ["Search A Camp"];
		TASK_SEARCHCAMP setSimpleTaskDescription [_str, "Search A Camp", "MILITARY CAMP"];
		TASK_SEARCHCAMP setTaskState "Assigned";
		TASK_SEARCHCAMP setSimpleTaskDestination (getPosATL (_playercamps2 select 0));
		TASK_SEARCHCAMP setTaskState "Assigned";
		player setCurrentTask TASK_SEARCHCAMP;
		["Search A Camp", "Current"] call CLAY_fnc_taskHint;
	};
}
Else
{
	If ((taskState TASK_SEARCHCAMP) != "Succeeded") Then
	{
		_playercamps = [];
		_veh = vehicle player;
		{	
			_playercamps = ((getPosATL _veh) nearEntities [["LocationLogicCamp"], vPlayerCaptureRadius]) - GlbTownLogics;
			_playercamps = _playercamps - (_playercamps - (GlbHeloLocs + GlbCampLocs));  //intersection with all actual camps
		};

If (count _playercamps > 0) Then
		{
			TASK_SEARCHCAMP setTaskState "Succeeded";
			["Search A Camp", "Done"] call CLAY_fnc_taskHint;
		};
	};
};
}
Else
{
_playercamps = [];
_playercamps2 = [];
_camps = [[], [], []];

_veh = vehicle player;
{	
	_playercamps = (getPosATL _veh) nearEntities [["LocationLogicCamp"], vPlayerCaptureRadius];
	_playercamps2 = (getPosATL _veh) nearEntities [["LocationLogicCamp"], vAICaptureRadius];
	{(_camps select GLBFRIEND) set [count (_camps select GLBFRIEND), _x];} forEach _playercamps;
};

_allegiences = [];
{
	_allegiences set [count _allegiences, ([_x] call mb_fnc_getAllegience)];
} forEach [EAST, WEST, RESISTANCE];

{
	_grp = _x;
	_sideIndex = [EAST, WEST, RESISTANCE] find (side _grp);
	If (_sideIndex >= 0) Then
	{
		_allegienceIndex = _allegiences select _sideIndex;
		_veh = vehicle (leader _grp);
		{
			_allegience = _allegiences select _sideIndex;
			_nearCamps = (getPosATL _veh) nearEntities [["LocationLogicCamp"], vAICaptureRadius];
			{
				(_camps select _allegienceIndex) set [count (_camps select _allegienceIndex), _x];
			} forEach (_nearCamps - (_camps select _allegienceIndex));
		};
	};
} forEach (allGroups - [group player]);

_affectedCamps = [];

{

_allegience = _x;

switch (_allegience) do
	{
		case (GLBFRIEND):
		{
			_ownedCamps = (_camps select _allegience) - (_camps select GLBENEMY) - (_camps select GLBTHIRD) - (GlbOwnedCampLogics select _allegience);
			_ownedCamps = _ownedCamps - (_ownedCamps - GlbAllCampLogics);
			_affectedCamps = _affectedCamps + _ownedCamps;
			{GlbOwnedCampLogics set [_x, (GlbOwnedCampLogics select _x) - _ownedCamps]} forEach [GLBENEMY, GLBTHIRD];
			{
				(GlbOwnedCampLogics select _allegience) set [count (GlbOwnedCampLogics select _allegience), _x];
				[_allegience, _x, (_x in _playercamps), (_x in _playercamps2)] execVM (GLBMODPATH + "scripts\fn_onCampCapture.sqf");
				GlbCanExpand set [_allegience, true];
				(_x getVariable "campMarker") setMarkerColor (GlbMarkerColors select _allegience);
			} forEach _ownedCamps;
		};
		case (GLBENEMY):
		{
			_ownedCamps = (_camps select _allegience) - (_camps select GLBFRIEND) - (_camps select GLBTHIRD) - (GlbOwnedCampLogics select _allegience) - _playercamps2;
			{GlbOwnedCampLogics set [_x, (GlbOwnedCampLogics select _x) - _ownedCamps]} forEach [GLBFRIEND, GLBTHIRD];
			{
				(GlbOwnedCampLogics select _allegience) set [count (GlbOwnedCampLogics select _allegience), _x];
				[_allegience, _x, false] execVM (GLBMODPATH + "scripts\fn_onCampCapture.sqf");
			(_x getVariable "campMarker") setMarkerColor (GlbMarkerColors select _allegience);
			} forEach _ownedCamps;
		};
		case (GLBTHIRD):
		{
			_ownedCamps = (_camps select _allegience) - (_camps select GLBENEMY) - (_camps select GLBFRIEND) - (GlbOwnedCampLogics select _allegience) - _playercamps2;
			{GlbOwnedCampLogics set [_x, (GlbOwnedCampLogics select _x) - _ownedCamps]} forEach [GLBENEMY, GLBFRIEND];
			{
				[_allegience, _x, false] execVM (GLBMODPATH + "scripts\fn_onCampCapture.sqf");
			} forEach _ownedCamps;
		};
	};
} forEach GlbActiveAllegiences;

If ((count GlbAllCampLogics) == (count (GlbOwnedCampLogics select GLBFRIEND))) Then
{
	TASK_WIN setTaskState "Succeeded";
	vEnde = true;
};
};

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how do I launch LOST? when I load up the game I only get a choice of apocalypse missions.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how do I launch LOST? when I load up the game I only get a choice of apocalypse missions.

LOST is now a 'game-mode' of an Apocalypse mission.

In your Arma 2/userconfig/MARKB50K_Apocalypse directory you'll find a "settings.sqf" file. open it up in Notepad and change the MB_LostMode variable to 1. Restart the mission in-game and it will be in "LOST" mode.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Version 4.3:

- new world : Invasion 44's Merderet v2

- new addon : Daveygary's Rangers (USA)

- new addon : TF86 Seals (USA)

- new addon : Tier One Operators (USA)

- new addon : Generic Black Ops (USA, German KSK, Generic)

- new : USERCONFIG - to prevent spawning of random abandoned civilian cars, set MB_SpawnCivilianCars to 0 in the userconfig file. Useful for Invasion 44 to prevent modern civilian cars from showing up

- new : in LOST mode, you can now walk up to a friendly vehicle and recruit it to 'Take Command'. Before it would only work on a dismounted soldier.

I could put an option to turn off civilian car spawning altogether, if it is too immersion-breaking? Is that a feature you'd want?

Is it possible to just spawn I44 light unarmed vehicles instead, say jeeps, kublerwagons and trucks? Or maybe just the BIS standard Civilian trucks, it looks old enough!

Either way, some push-bikes scattered about would be handy.

Great Work Mark

Gnat;2233974']Is it possible to just spawn I44 light unarmed vehicles instead' date=' say jeeps, kublerwagons and trucks? Or maybe just the BIS standard Civilian trucks, it looks old enough!

Either way, some push-bikes scattered about would be handy.

Great Work Mark[/quote']

Spawning of light unarmed vehicles is already part of the mission code. In Apocalypse, you just need to make sure at least one of the sides is set to have Defenders. When they spawn, theres a chance empty vehicles like you asked for will spawn around the camps. In LOST, it happens automatically.

LOST is now a 'game-mode' of an Apocalypse mission.

In your Arma 2/userconfig/MARKB50K_Apocalypse directory you'll find a "settings.sqf" file. open it up in Notepad and change the MB_LostMode variable to 1. Restart the mission in-game and it will be in "LOST" mode.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Version 4.3:

- new world : Invasion 44's Merderet v2

- new addon : Daveygary's Rangers (USA)

- new addon : TF86 Seals (USA)

- new addon : Tier One Operators (USA)

- new addon : Generic Black Ops (USA, German KSK, Generic)

- new : USERCONFIG - to prevent spawning of random abandoned civilian cars, set MB_SpawnCivilianCars to 0 in the userconfig file. Useful for Invasion 44 to prevent modern civilian cars from showing up

- new : in LOST mode, you can now walk up to a friendly vehicle and recruit it to 'Take Command'. Before it would only work on a dismounted soldier.

And here I was thinking it would take forever to see the awesome units I suggested added in an update. You have amazed and surprised once again, Mark! Can't wait to give the latest version a whirl now that the US has all branches of its armed forces represented, from US Army to Marines, and now in the SOF community, from the ODAs and AFOs to the SEALs. Thank you and keep up the great work!

Cheers for the quick reply Mark- amazing. However I have encountered a second issue with LOST- The 'enemy' won't shoot me. I stood right in front of a squad, shot most of them, without them firing a single round. Then I exited, re-loaded, and the same thing happened.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Let me check on that. have an idea.

EDIT: nope, thought it was some code i might have left in, but i had already removed it. So, I dont have any idea why they dont shoot you other than AI can get stupid sometimes.

Anyone else getting this?

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Fishshrike:

- is it possible that your unit type is the same side as the 'enemy'? Like did you go with the default "FR_TL" force recon team leader character type and set WEST to enemy?

- do you get this same issue in normal (non-LOST) mode?

Edited by markb50k

Normal mode is fine, have been using I44 if that helps. Unit types were different- I was playing US against GER, but may have swapped over the friendly side by accident. Will check.

Edit: Works fine now I've started a new game.

Edited by Fishshrike

Let me check on that. have an idea.

EDIT: nope, thought it was some code i might have left in, but i had already removed it. So, I dont have any idea why they dont shoot you other than AI can get stupid sometimes.

Anyone else getting this?

I wanted to ask if the code you took out was the "reinforce mode" (in Lost) that would reinforce the last enemy firefight's location? I was playing in Lost v5.7 and Apoc v4.2 and I felt a big difference in the reinforcing of the enemy of recent firefights. I have to admit I really miss the feel the enemy had in Lost v5.7 as I would have to end firefights as quickly as possible before the enemy's reinforcements showed up heavy, gave it that "Splinter Cell CT" type of feel where I had to choose my engagements wisely and discreetly. Is this the code that was removed? I did notice sometimes that the enemy would get so obsessed into travelling over to investigate corpses that they would forget altogether about the incoming attack from my squad! Is there anyway possible at all to still have the enemy reinforce ready to fight (sometimes they do this and sometimes they forget to fight altogether), but to still be in haste to check corpses of their fallen? Maybe I didn't stick around long enough in Apoc v4.2 to see the enemy reinforce? There were two patrols about 500 m to the east that didn't even bother to come over and investigate what was going on however, in Lost v5.7 I would've got my ass handed to me lol. For Apoc v4.2, it might've just been too complicated an issue that you just decided to remove this completely (if this was the code you removed anyway, I could be wrong of course as I haven't looked into the code myself), makes sense as to your decision.

That wasnt the code I was referring to.

But you are correct, APOC treats that functionality a bit different than in LOST, at least i think it does..

Not to give away too much on how the AI reacts...

2 ways a group gets tasked to investigate a kill location (note: only groups in MountedPatrol, LongRangePatrol, CampPatrol can react in this way):

- groups are only tasked to 'investigate' when they are doing a periodic evaluation of their orders. so every group that is on one of those noted missions above checks for 'investigation' locations when they reach their current waypoint.

- in addition, when any unit is killed, all reactable group within 400m will be 'prompted' by the code to re-evaluate their orders immediately.

When they evaluate their orders the code will check to see if there are any 'investigation' locations nearby (within 1000m). if there is they will immediately assign a waypoint to the location.

The game keeps track of a rolling list of 'investigation' locations and a location clears out after about 10 minutes of real time.

So, if enemy was around 500m away, in your case you described, they wouldnt have been alerted immediately to come to the kill location. but once they reach their current waypoint, they should be tasked to investigate the location (assuming 10 minutes havent passed and assuming the location is less than 1000m from their location at the time).

To assist in a more realistic behavior i make sure that footpatrols dont have WAAAY far off waypoints, instead they have shorter range waypoints, so the gap between evaluation checks shouldnt be too long.

I COULD make the 400m immediate reaction range configurable via the USERCONFIG.. in fact i will.. :)

Excellent man, thanks for the thorough explanation. The way I want to play your mission, I think I will bump that new config value up a lot higher even haha...thank you brother.

Kinda excited about the new release, and what goodies i have in store..

- I added some cool code that will seamlessly add automatic AI support for new aircraft mods that feature 'attached' turrets. I already have the AC130 and MV22 with Door Guns working, and am looking into the Invasion44 B17 as well.

It works really well, and boy does it add some more "ooh-ahh" to the mission.

sounds great, mark. i just played my first I44 apocalypse game on merderet and it was incredible.

any plans to publish a multiplayer variant at any point? do you imagine there would be any problems if one were to simply unpack a particular mission/pbo and add a few more playable classes for some quick and dirty co-op?