Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Apocalypse - Invade. Control. Conquer

Your welcome, and yes i understand, i dont think it would be nice to make a mission you totally know. I just talked about if there would be a mean to "spawn" random event, in random place. Like for exemple if i remember an old suicide bomber script, it could happen on any citizen on the map with some percent and stuff of chance to happen, things like that, so its just totally random. Off course if its just all highly scripted its not interresting, mostly in a big mission like that. I'm anyway not enough good in this kind of things for give any advice, and i think you know enough x)

Good news about the Apocalypse/Lost merge, wait to see how it is :p

Edited by benouyt

Hi Mark,

First of all, amazing work on this mission set! I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up the mobile HQ. I can call it up and see the drop (of an individual soldier), but I don't see how to access the options of packing and unpacking. Sorry for this newb question, but can you tell me how to go about getting mobile HQ up and running? Also, how do you actually apply additional upgrades (eg. "recruitment desk" and what does it do in particular?

Thanks!

Hi Mark,

First of all, amazing work on this mission set! I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up the mobile HQ. I can call it up and see the drop (of an individual soldier), but I don't see how to access the options of packing and unpacking. Sorry for this newb question, but can you tell me how to go about getting mobile HQ up and running? Also, how do you actually apply additional upgrades (eg. "recruitment desk" and what does it do in particular?

Thanks!

With the soldier somewhere nearby you should have seen a vehicle spawn. There was some blue smoke and a marker on the map. Eventually the smoke dissipates and the marker goes away so If you missed this look around the drop zone area or on the map nearby you will see a little orange circle signifying a sighted empty vehicle

Once you find the vehicle approach it and some actions will show up in your action menu. Unpack HQ is what you are looking for. Another action on the vehicle is HQ UPGRADES. Select that and when you have enough support points you can purchase upgrades

The recruitment desk appears as a small table when you unpack after you have purchased the upgrade. It serves two functions.

1. It has an action that will broadcast out to any nearby civilians to come over. Any civilians that come over can then be given money and in response a partisan will spawn nearby and join you. Costs 150 pts

2. A more direct approach is to select the take money action. It will cost you 150 pts and you will receive an item called money that you can carry on your unit. You can then use that money when you come across a civilian to recruit a partisan.

In the new version i am converting the money to a magazine like item instead of a weapon like item so you can carry multiple stacks of money

Hope this helps

---------- Post added at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 ----------

Your welcome, and yes i understand, i dont think it would be nice to make a mission you totally know. I just talked about if there would be a mean to "spawn" random event, in random place. Like for exemple if i remember an old suicide bomber script, it could happen on any citizen on the map with some percent and stuff of chance to happen, things like that, so its just totally random. Off course if its just all highly scripted its not interresting, mostly in a big mission like that. I'm anyway not enough good in this kind of things for give any advice, and i think you know enough x)

Good news about the Apocalypse/Lost merge, wait to see how it is :p

The suicide bomber side task does interest me as does some of you other ideas. Definitely ones I can look at implementing

Thanks, i dont remember where i saw the suicide bomber script but i know it do exist, i saw it long time ago, time i was making mission for myself. (if you want i can search). Also for random event, maybe you could see in some mp/coop user missions, for inspire yourself, i never try them but i know on the forum there is few who got random event and one use random bomber script (if i understood good). :p

Also if you want add new faction, i find this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14173 , i think its not compatible with your mission yet, but i dont use it anyway and i dont know if its a nice mod or no, its just suggest. If you make it compatible, maybe you should split Police and Army in two different faction.

EDIT: Maybe for the next version, make some spawn at start and reinforcement with helo landing on ground and group who just go out of the vehicle when on ground. The idea, like the land and sea spawn, its always to make less paradrop, cause in army, not many regiments are able to do paradrop, except paratrooper and commandos. I saw already in your mission in takistan and duala (if remember) C-130 landing on airport and unit go of vehicle, that very nice, so i think it would be possible to make more helo land on ground (anywhere they can) instead of big plane paradrop? Actually maybe make paradrop possible just for special ops squad joining. When i say "land" i mean like, or landing on ground or like just fly really low above ground, like when you do disembark from helo in normal game you know. Again, don't take this like negative words on your work, its not that at all, just suggest for make it again more immersive, but dont do things you wouldnt like off course.

Edited by benouyt

thanks for all the suggestions..

before i released this mission the first time i actually had the helo's landing and trying to drop off troops, and the stupid AI kept crashing or trying to land on top of a house. it became too crazy and i went with the paradrop, much safer and cleaner on the AI.

I could look at it again. I like the idea of an insertion like that.

Landing insertions should be done in relatively "safe" areas (no hostile camps within 1km or something). Could also script your own safe landing zone script that looks for clear land and sticks an invisible H down for the helicopter.

Your welcome,

I didnt knew the first version had helo landing, but yes i think it could cause stupid AI crashing and stuff, but like said Treelor, if the landing could be set for be in some safe zone defined by you, without house or trees, and not next to camp, it would be perfect. Also, i dont know what was version of arma II on first version of your mod, but maybe the driving AI is improved since this day, anyway you'll see. :p

Edited by benouyt

Version 4.0:

- REQUIRES A RESTART. DO NOT USE A CURRENT SAVE GAME WITH THIS NEW VERSION

- new : LOST MODE: In USERCONFIG file, set MB_LostMode to 1, and mission will play as LOST with all the code enhancements from APOCALYPSE. I will not be releasing new versions of the old LOST mission. Any updates will be done to APOCALYPSE "LOST MODE".

- new addon : Vilas's Project 85. Cold war armies of several countries

- new addon : Georgian Armed Forces mod

- new config : new config PBO to support a NON-ACE config of Georgian Armed Forces and some small bug tweaks. Must also run GAF mod.

- new : INFILTRATION. Choice on main screen. If picked for an Alliance, they will either enter the battlefield on land or by boat instead of paradropping

- new : INFILTRATION. Choice in COMMS menu. You can change the method of insertion for your side. For instance, after you've secured enough of the island, you may want new reinforcements coming in via AIRDROP.

- tweak : when setting faction spawn weights, you can specify the COUNTRY's weight as well.

OLD METHOD: For instance, Project RACS has like 9 supported factions, so if you choose all nine plus BIS USMC, then realistically, RACS will be chosen 9 out of 10 times since it has so many factions.

NEW METHOD: Now, in addition, you set UNITED STATES weight and RACS weight, so the game will spawn by COUNTRY weight first, then within the country, it will spawn by the individual faction weights within the country.

- tweak : tweaking unit and factions lists, please check your faction preferences during mission setup to make sure all preferences are selected

- numerous bug fixes and tweaks

Thanks for the interest. Let me know how it goes in LOST mode :)

Just tried today (not lost version), it's really great! I tried off course the infiltration system, it's perfect, the only thing i would suggest, if its possible, it would be to spawn infantry on land in truck & armored transport, like they spawn in plane in air, and in boat on sea, and then leave transport on destination, like they do in other spawn vehicle, cause for exemple, on mission like chernarus, it is really long to walk to some camp when just spawned on land :p . But it's great, and sea spawn its really really nice, love it! good work!

Edited by benouyt

Just tried today (not lost version), it's really great! I tried off course the infiltration system, it's perfect, the only thing i would suggest, if its possible, it would be to spawn infantry on land in truck & armored transport, like they spawn in plane in air, and in boat on sea, and then leave transport on destination, like they do in other spawn vehicle, cause for exemple, on mission like chernarus, it is really long to walk to some camp when just spawned on land :p . But it's great, and sea spawn its really really nice, love it! good work!

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it!

Version 4.05:

- fix : LOST - "Setup Cache" action wasn't going away

- fix : LOST - "Release Captive" script error

- new addon : Brainbug's Egypt Army

- new config : MARKB50K_Config_Egypt - use this to give you WEST and EAST options for Egypt

- new addon : Zerg's South Korean Army troops

- new addon : South Korean AH1S chopper

- new addon : someguywho's North Korean Army

- new addon : someguywho's US4CES US Army troops

- new addon : Sabre's OCP Multicam US Army troops

fyi, on the next version I am putting in...

- support for Pedagne Mod (wow, i didnt realize how awesome this mod was. with the beta fixes put out a few months ago, its pretty much good to go). So now Italy will be well represented.

- support for Invasion 44. Great mod. I pre-warn people that in my mission, you may still see some modern things like Urals and stuff, but if you choose I44 factions only, all combat troops/vehicles/aircraft will be I44 only.

- couple of requested features

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Oh and the new Dutch Armed Forces mod is already added in my development version. will be out with the next update as well.

Hey mark, i have a weird thing (i play last version), i choose faction, russian for me, and japanese for ennemy, and in the game, i had some takistanese soldier on my side, and ennemy had some US soldiers, from where come this problem ?

i'm guessing it was a desert map?

This may not be a bug. the way the code works is that it needs possible spawns in several different categories to function properly. If you dont choose factions that provide choices in every category, the game chooses from a "DEFAULT" faction for the map type. For desert maps, it uses BIS US Army desert guys, and Takistan.. For woodland maps it uses USMC and Russians.

So there is a possibility you could find those countries depending on which factions you choose in the setup screen.

For instance, i support normal troops and officers from Japan, but Japan doesnt have any Special Forces, so the game would use the default guys (US) when it spawns Special Forces.

For Russians, i think they satisfy all categories, so I am confused why any Takistan show up. My only guess is that you choose Russia country but maybe didnt choose any troop factions within the Russia set.

- easiest way for me to check on it, is for you to do a restart mission, select the factions as you did before, and use the "COPY FACTIONS TO CLIPBOARD" option. Take the text that is copied to the clipboard and PM it to me. I can most likely give you a complete answer based on that.

Edited by markb50k

One was on Capraie (dont know how it wrote), and other on utes.

But i think i understood, i used Russian marines troop addon you know, and not the normal russian, so it dont have spec ops i think, and thats why i had takistany spec ops squad, and same with japan with us spec ops then. I think the problem is solved ^^

cool. what you said makes sense, i should probably set the BIS russian spetsnaz as the default for the Russian Marines. will take a look at that. Thanks for the feedback!

Version 4.1:

- new addon : Dutch Armed Forces mod pack (makes Netherlands a much more complete faction)

- new addon : PedagneMod. As an American of Italian heritage, so glad to finally support Italian Armed Forces. Make sure you use newest fixes.

- new config : MARKB50K_Config_PedagneMod : handles some small config errors

- new addon : INVASION 44. US (29thID, 1stID, 101st, 82nd, Rangers), UK (Infantry, Para), Germany (Infantry, Paratrooper, Waffen SS), French Resistance

- new config : MARKB50K_Config_I44 : adds WEST/EAST versions of French Resistance, plus fills out factions so they can be used in mission without any modern equipment showing up

- new addon : Gnat's SU-33D Flanker

- new addon : Footmunch's F-4E Phantom (Wild Weasel)

- new addon : SV5000's MiG 15 (Russia, Takistan, CDF, CHKDZ, CZ, POL)

- updated addon : PCDF version 1.08

- new : to PREVENT respawn, set "MB_UseRespawn" to 0 in USERCONFIG file

- new : LOST - add "RELEASE to Patrol"/"CANCEL Patrol" option for High Command groups

- fix : country weighting for spawns was not working correctly

Forgot that i also ...

- new addon : MAFExt Mod (additional French vehicles)

NOTE: I am going to start showing a bit more detail on the first post for the supported countries... which mods provide, what units offered, etc. So stay tuned. It'll be a good way of showing off all these awesome mods and giving people a better idea of the scope and possibilities of the mission you can create.

Edited by markb50k

Ive reorganized the first post.

Now there is an ORDER OF BATTLE section where you can see:

- all supported countries

- mods that you can use to reinforce that country

- info on any optional configs available for those mods

Check it out. let me know it that a bit easier to figure out what you want to do with the mission.

Features:

Version 4.2:

- new world : Invasion 44's Neaville

- new addon : RAF Harrier (UK)

- new addon : FV432 APC (UK)

- new addon : Belgian C130H (BELGIUM)

- new addon : Polish F16 / Desert HMMWV (POLAND)

- new addon : Su17/22M, MiG23, An12 (RUSSIA, CDF, NAPA, CHKDZ, POLAND)

- new addon : Su34 Desert (RUSSIA, TAKISTAN)

- new addon : Su24MK Fencer D (RUSSIA)

- new addon : Su33 Flanker-D (RUSSIA, TAKISTAN, UNITED NATIONS)

- fix : auto-upgrade didnt work for 4.1. Does now.

Thanks Mark, great pack!

.... except when I try to I44 a game and ...... Jets and chopper wipe the battlefield!!

Is this normal?

I only select 1 faction of infantry for US and Germans along with 1 faction of vehicles each. All just 1944

Then in most attempts at a game the jets and choppers spawn and wreck the play (and "1944" atmosphere)

Also, why when I select (1) faction of US infantry for example is there a (1) also appearing in all USMC "country" ?

Is that normal.

Barely understand all the features, anyone done a video?

For example, how do a start in a vehicle (other than a paratrooper) or at least spawn a vehicle?

Hi Mark great mission!,

Was wondering if I44 mod is supported now should the download page on armaholic list be updated indicating that I44 mod is now supported,

or am I misunderstanding your post #345?