Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

[SP] Apocalypse - Invade. Control. Conquer

I can look into it

EDIT : Other than not starting it in the first place, which i'll put in, there isnt a way of exiting it.. the FSM doesnt come with an exit state.

That's what I was thinking. What's the easiest way to disable weather module from loading? Can I do it from the mission file somewhere or do I need to unpack the addon file?

you can unpack the addon file, go to the bottom of scripts/fn_processinitialsetup.sqf and comment out the last line that starts the weather module, at least until i can put out the next version.

Is it the color shading? or you just dont like the dynamic weather?

you can unpack the addon file, go to the bottom of scripts/fn_processinitialsetup.sqf and comment out the last line that starts the weather module, at least until i can put out the next version.

Is it the color shading? or you just dont like the dynamic weather?

Thanks.

Dynamic Weather is a good feature but none of built-in weather models feature heavy overcasts and rain. I enjoy playing ARMA in that kind of weather because it feels much more atmospheric for me.

I don't think there's any point in making RUBE toggle-able but it would be nice if you could move RUBE initialization into missions init script, it shouldn't be hard I think, that way it would be possible to disable it without having to unpack the addon.

@kiberkiller

If you are interested - I have at hand, in my private "stock" some tiny addon called Simply Weather Dynamizer. Including userconfig, where you can set weather tendencies and weather dynamics. This is test version, so proper functioning is not guaranteed, still this may be a handy replacer for infinitely more advanced and sophisticated RUBE's great module, if someone just want to have simply calculated, but reasonable semi-randomized, dynamic weather. There is no any special effects as post processing, particles and such. Just continous juggling with four basic weather settings: overcast, rain, fog and wind.

So, if you want to have rainy and generally heavy overcast, then before Arma launch raise overcast and rain settings in userconfig init values, eg to 10 or so and play with this addon. SWD will, maybe after some delay, start to "stir" in the weather.

@kiberkiller

If you are interested - I have at hand, in my private "stock" some tiny addon called Simply Weather Dynamizer.

That sounds very neat. I'm downloading it.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I played a match on Utes today with the latest version for the first time and it is quite nice. I didn't get to use any arty yet, though, because the AI was too slow to buy any and I won the match before the gunner got to his Grad.

Also, fuck Apaches, BAF always spams them to hell even if I set air to x0.25.

I did notice a few bugs though.

1) You can load an MG into a truck while using it, which teleports you into the corner of the map.

2) Support point modifier applies to "Release Group" as well, which makes it easy to exploit the game, ordering infantry squads for 500 points and releasing them for 3500+ points.

That sounds very neat. I'm downloading it.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I played a match on Utes today with the latest version for the first time and it is quite nice. I didn't get to use any arty yet, though, because the AI was too slow to buy any and I won the match before the gunner got to his Grad.

Also, fuck Apaches, BAF always spams them to hell even if I set air to x0.25.

I did notice a few bugs though.

1) You can load an MG into a truck while using it, which teleports you into the corner of the map.

2) Support point modifier applies to "Release Group" as well, which makes it easy to exploit the game, ordering infantry squads for 500 points and releasing them for 3500+ points.

About how many apaches did the BAF have at once? With utes and .25 air power they should have had max 1 or 2 groups. If they had more ill have to investigate.

I guess #1 is a bug although you can just NOT choose to load a static weapon when you are sitting in it

#2 was done knowing full well it could be an exploit. But isn't people asking for a way of raising their awards an exploit already? It's a single player game so if people want to make it insanely easy for themselves I'm not going to spend a lot of effort trying to stop them.

Thanks for the feedback man

About how many apaches did the BAF have at once? With utes and .25 air power they should have had max 1 or 2 groups. If they had more ill have to investigate.

I think I was playing with Total Strength at x0.5 and Air Strength at x0.25 while enemy force consisted out of BAF Woodland and BAF Multicamo and they had 2 or 3 Apaches at the same time.

I guess #1 is a bug although you can just NOT choose to load a static weapon when you are sitting in it

Sure, it's not a big thing but I accidentally picked it in a heat of battle and had to suicide to continue, losing all my good weapons.

Not a big deal but something that I thought you might want to fix.

#2 was done knowing full well it could be an exploit. But isn't people asking for a way of raising their awards an exploit already? It's a single player game so if people want to make it insanely easy for themselves I'm not going to spend a lot of effort trying to stop them.

Ok, I see your stance on this one but for me the problem is that when I order a couple of squads and I don't want to control them, I instantly "use" that exploit, unintentionally. Even though only wanted a little bit more support points from the camps.

I suppose that it's not a big deal but I'll be playing x1 support from now on.

Thanks for the feedback man

You're my favorite ARMA modder so it's all my pleasure.

I was also thinking about something. Since you're technically making a mod, would it be possible for you to use a userconfig, like many other mods do?

That would let the player set their default match settings to anything they enjoy, making starting a new match much quicker process.

That would also let you save space on that starting menu, since several of those options are something you rarely change, like starting time, amount of support points and whenever you start with an HQ, and you can move those options into the userconfig.

Funny I was thinking about using a user config. Would love to have some of that stuff figured out in there. Good idea and I'll start looking into it. Also see if I can have the faction choices set up in there as well. I use all the supported factions on each play through and clicking all those buttons even gets me

I'll also remove the multiplier from releasing troops and look at adjusting the actions on the static weapons.

Funny I was thinking about using a user config. Would love to have some of that stuff figured out in there. Good idea and I'll start looking into it. Also see if I can have the faction choices set up in there as well. I use all the supported factions on each play through and clicking all those buttons even gets me

I'll also remove the multiplier from releasing troops and look at adjusting the actions on the static weapons.

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to the next update.

About faction selections from userconfig, I'm sure that you can declare arrays in there and it should be easy to read an array of factions and transform it into whatever system you're using in your code.

Version 2.9:

- new : USERCONFIG included in download. you MUST place the "userconfig" directory in your base "Arma 2" directory.

- new : In config : player character class can be defaulted

- new : In config : mission start time, starting support points, starting HQ can be defaulted

- new : In config : use of dynamic weather and recognition system (see below) can be defaulted

- new : In config : Faction weights can be defaulted (save a whole lot of clicks)

- new : in Faction choice dialog you can "COPY TO CLIPBOARD" your faction choices. This can then be copied into the userconfig file so you dont have to select them again

- new : RECOGNITION system. Simple system that will give you a small indicator of side/country of an object that is under your cursor. Only works if player has knowledge of object and game detects that the object is under your cursor

- updated config : LOBO GULF WAR. Fixed scripterror in mod's scripts for SU22

- tweak : ARTY and HQ units wont be requested by AI if they are out of reserves

- tweak : most group types (all but infantry and combat vehicle) will attempt to arrive at friendly held camps

- tweak : Exploit removed where releasing friendly troops to AI command was using multiplier.

- tweak : Higher points awarded/deducted when releasing/recruiting friendly troops in a vehicle. Basically if you recruit infantry, put them in a tank, then give them back to AI, you end up making points.

- fix : small bug fixes

Version 2.9:

- new : USERCONFIG included in download. you MUST place the "userconfig" directory in your base "Arma 2" directory.

- new : In config : player character class can be defaulted

- new : In config : mission start time, starting support points, starting HQ can be defaulted

- new : In config : use of dynamic weather and recognition system (see below) can be defaulted

- new : In config : Faction weights can be defaulted (save a whole lot of clicks)

- new : in Faction choice dialog you can "COPY TO CLIPBOARD" your faction choices. This can then be copied into the userconfig file so you dont have to select them again

- new : RECOGNITION system. Simple system that will give you a small indicator of side/country of an object that is under your cursor. Only works if player has knowledge of object and game detects that the object is under your cursor

- updated config : LOBO GULF WAR. Fixed scripterror in mod's scripts for SU22

- tweak : ARTY and HQ units wont be requested by AI if they are out of reserves

- tweak : most group types (all but infantry and combat vehicle) will attempt to arrive at friendly held camps

- tweak : Exploit removed where releasing friendly troops to AI command was using multiplier.

- tweak : Higher points awarded/deducted when releasing/recruiting friendly troops in a vehicle. Basically if you recruit infantry, put them in a tank, then give them back to AI, you end up making points.

- fix : small bug fixes

Playing it now and having some fun, but for some reason it was 2 vs 1 I didnt see a option to make it free for all. Actually now that I think about it, I didnt even see my PMC units 0.o

*edit* im pretty sure im just a big dummy lost in the settings.

Edited by Hazey

Look as good as usual. Good job.

Any plans to amaze us with some big feature in 3.0?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Since there's an option to turn off dynamic weather, maybe it would be a good idea to add settings for weather to userconfig as well?

So that you can chose a specific weather if you turn off dynamic weather without having to unpack the mission.

Playing it now and having some fun, but for some reason it was 2 vs 1 I didnt see a option to make it free for all. Actually now that I think about it, I didnt even see my PMC units 0.o

*edit* im pretty sure im just a big dummy lost in the settings.

to make it three way is very simple. in first screen, just make sure you've set all three sides to a DIFFERENT allegience, 1 to FRIENDLY, 1 to ENEMY, 1 to THIRD. Done.

to see PMC as your guys, in the NEXT faction screen, give PMC troops and/or vehicles (depending on which you want in the mission) a weight above 0. Since PMC is an incomplete faction, many of their equipment will be the defaults chosen by the game for the environment. But the troops should all be PMC guys unless you gave another troop faction some weight in the friendly.

hey just let me know if theres still an issue.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Look as good as usual. Good job.

Any plans to amaze us with some big feature in 3.0?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Since there's an option to turn off dynamic weather, maybe it would be a good idea to add settings for weather to userconfig as well?

So that you can chose a specific weather if you turn off dynamic weather without having to unpack the mission.

re: weather settings. i can look into it. as for big features coming up, im at a 'wait and see' point right now. not sure what to add.

re: weather settings. i can look into it. as for big features coming up, im at a 'wait and see' point right now. not sure what to add.

You can always make a proper GUI for the in-mission commands. *hint* *hint*

Version 3.0:

- new addon : RHS AFRF (Russian Federation) forces

- new addon : P:UKF's Challenger 2 MBT

- new config : new PBO to use Challenger 2 without ACE (use instead of the "ukf_chally2_ace_cfg" pbo that comes with the mod)

- fix : LOBO Gulf War Mod config updated again with fixed scripts for Su22

- couple small tweaks

Looking forward to try the new versions out. Unfortunately my GPU fried before I even had the chance to try 2.9, hopefully it's not for long.

Version 3.1:

- new addon : Marseilles77's German Army - Flecktarn troops

- new : overhauled COMMS MENU to make it more intuitive and much slimmer. Much less clicks to get to what you want.

- new : context sensitive - different options based on if you have troops selected or groups selected or nothing selected

- new : very shallow tree structure, most important options at top level

- new : by default, Reinforcements/Support/Artillery/Upgrades menus also accessible as actions on your Mobile HQ

- new : new options in USERCONFIG to have these menus added as actions to the player instead. See included USERCONFIG for values

- new : Reinforcements/Support menus to only show what you have enough pts to buy

- new : Upgrade menu to only show what you havent upgraded

- fix : reinforcements were not by default trying to land at secured bases

- tweak : You will notice the choices in the faction choice dialog are changing. Over the next update or two, I'm in the process of collapsing/combining all the faction choices in the faction menu. For instance, all German forces are combined into one option. Logic will prevent in-active mods from being included. This is an easy way to have all your mods for one country work together seemlessly.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, so you might want to add a note that two of the listed mods require CBA.

Warning Message: Addon 'GNT_B52' requires addon 'Extended_Eventhandlers'

Warning Message: Addon 'mar_marines' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'

v3.1 looks amazing and I just got my brand new replacement for my GPU, so it's time to fire up some Apocalypse and probably get utterly destroyed by Apache's again.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, so you might want to add a note that two of the listed mods require CBA.

Warning Message: Addon 'GNT_B52' requires addon 'Extended_Eventhandlers'

Warning Message: Addon 'mar_marines' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'

Thanks for the info, but generally, I am hesitant to start listing all the required addons for all the addons that i give optional support too. I would have to keep updating that list as each mod changes, and it would be a nightmare. From my recollection, most of the supported mods have SOME required addons. very little of the mods i support are standalone.

So, basically I am assuming that if someone elects to use one of these mods, they would follow the process they use whenever they personally want to use a mod, which is to consult the readmes of those mods to see the required addons. I think that's logical, yes?

I was looking around the addons on armaholic and noticed jedra has a skills slider for ai. Could that be incorporated into this and lost? It would be a cool feature. On that note does changing difficulty do anything? I've never played with it. i always assumed that was locked in by the mission maker.

not sure it does anything in the mission. i guess you can try it out. i always use Veteran.

I only get about 8-12 FPS playing this. I tried under Win7 first and then under XP but it's much the same (maybe 1-2 FPS better under XP).

Here's the command-line I used (well, that Arma II launcher used):

"-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@ka-50;@rksl;@ukf_challenger2;@island duala;@island_podagorsk;@island celle;@island fallujah1_2;@island lingor;@island panthera;@baf;@pmc;@markb50k_apocalypse" "-name=dovemanXP" -nosplash -world=empty -maxMem=2047 

Also, I copied and pasted the factions setup into the config file but next time I loaded it they're all set to 0. This is how the line looks after pasting the data:

MB_PreferredFactionWeights = [["(EAST) BIS RU",2],["(EAST) BIS RU Vehicles",1],["(EAST) @OLEG Ka50",1],["(EAST) BIS TK",1],["(EAST) BIS TK Vehicles",1],["(EAST) BIS NAPA",1],["(EAST) BIS NAPA Vehicles",1],["(EAST) BIS TK GUE",0],["(EAST) BIS TK GUE Vehicles",0],["(EAST) BIS CHKDZ",0],["(EAST) BIS CHKDZ Vehicles",0],["(EAST) @PCDF PRSZ Veh",0],["(EAST) BIS TK INS",0],["(EAST) BIS TK INS Veh",0],["(EAST) BIS PMC",0],["(EAST) BIS PMC Vehicles",0],["(EAST) BIS UN Inf",0],["(EAST) BIS UN Vehicles",0],["(EAST) @Duala MOL",0],["(EAST) @Duala MOL Veh",0],["(EAST) @Lingor ARL Rebels",0],["(EAST) @Lingor ARL Veh",0],["(EAST) @Lingor Drug Gang",0],["(WEST) BIS USMC",1],["(WEST) BIS USMC Vehicles",1],["(WEST) @GNT B52",1],["(WEST) @MARSOC SF",0],["(WEST) @MARSOC Desert SF",1],["(WEST) BIS US Army",0],["(WEST) BIS US Army Vehicles",0],["(WEST) @CWR US Vehicles",0],["(WEST) BIS RU",0],["(WEST) BIS RU Vehicles",0],["(WEST) @OLEG Ka50",1],["(WEST) BIS TK",0],["(WEST) BIS TK Vehicles",0],["(WEST) BIS NAPA",0],["(WEST) BIS NAPA Vehicles",0],["(WEST) BIS TK GUE",0],["(WEST) BIS TK GUE Vehicles",0],["(WEST) BIS CDF",0],["(WEST) BIS CDF Vehicles",0],["(WEST) BIS CHKDZ",0],["(WEST) BIS CHKDZ Vehicles",0],["(WEST) @PCDF PRSZ Veh",0],["(WEST) BIS TK INS",0],["(WEST) BIS TK INS Veh",0],["(WEST) BAF UK Multicam",1],["(WEST) BAF UK Woodland",1],["(WEST) BAF UK Desert",1],["(WEST) BAF UK Woodland Veh",1],["(WEST) @UK Veh",0],["(WEST) BAF Desert Veh",0],["(WEST) @UK Desert Veh",0],["(WEST) BIS CZ ACR",0],["(WEST) BIS CZ ACR Veh",0],["(WEST) BIS CZ Desert",0],["(WEST) BIS CZ Desert Veh",0],["(WEST) BIS GER",0],["(WEST) BIS PMC",1],["(WEST) BIS PMC Vehicles",1],["(WEST) BIS UN Inf",0],["(WEST) BIS UN Vehicles",0],["(WEST) @Duala AFR",0],["(WEST) @Duala AFR Veh",0],["(WEST) @Lingor GAL Inf",0],["(WEST) @Lingor GAL Veh",0],["(WEST) @Lingor Police",0],["(WEST) @Lingor Police Veh",0],["(WEST) @Lingor PMC",0],["(WEST) @Lingor PMC Veh",0],["(GUER) BIS RU",0],["(GUER) BIS RU Vehicles",0],["(GUER) @OLEG Ka50",0],["(GUER) BIS TK",0],["(GUER) BIS TK Vehicles",0],["(GUER) BIS NAPA",0],["(GUER) BIS NAPA Vehicles",0],["(GUER) BIS TK GUE",2],["(GUER) BIS TK GUE Vehicles",1],["(GUER) BIS CHKDZ",0],["(GUER) BIS CHKDZ Vehicles",0],["(GUER) @PCDF PRSZ Veh",0],["(GUER) BIS TK INS",1],["(GUER) BIS TK INS Veh",1],["(GUER) BIS PMC",0],["(GUER) BIS PMC Vehicles",0],["(GUER) BIS UN Inf",0],["(GUER) BIS UN Vehicles",0],["Chernarus",0],["Takistan",0],["@Lingor",0],["@Duala",0]]
[];