Side / Role: West / Various

Version: 5.03

Arma2 Version: CO 1.60

Date: 2012-Nov-26

Addons: (included in ZIP)

Author: markb50k

CLICK HERE FOR APOCALYPSE/LOST FAQ/Gameplay Hints

Description:

APOCALYPSE is a "fire-and-forget" whole island battle mission. I give you a ton of options to organize what factions (including many supported faction addons) into either a 2 sided or 3 sided war. When the mission starts you will be flown into the battle area with your allies and thats when the fun begins. Each side will invade, attempt to take the island with an ever updating strategy. Each side will automatically receive reinforcements periodically (you can view your own reinforcement queue) until all their reserves run out.

The mission ends when all camps on the island are controlled by one side.

This mission takes alot of code from my prior mission LOST and adds in the whole island war scenario

Really, if you've ever wondered how the US and USMC would do fighting beside eachother against the Russians, or the Takistanis, or the Royal Sahrani Marines. Or if you ever wanted to fighting IRAN vs Takistan, or even IRAN vs IRAN.. this is it. Its easy to set up and you get instant strategic war.

Supported Islands:

Chernarus

Utes

Takistan

Zargabad

Fallujah

Celle 2

CWR2 Malden

CWR2 Everon

CWR2 Kolgujev

CWR2 Nogova

Lingor

Dingor

Isla Duala

Panthera

Podagorsk

Jade Groove

Isola Di Capraia

Nicosia

Tasmania 2010

Tigeria

Tropica

Qom Province

Tora Bora

CLAfghan

Emita

Aliabad

Huertgenwald

Hazar-Kot

I44 Neaville

I44 Merderet v2

ORDER OF BATTLE: Choosable Factions...

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

RUSSIA

TAKISTAN

CHERNARUS

UNITED KINGDOM

CZECH REPUBLIC

GERMANY

ITALY

Pedagne Mod

*optional config provides some config error tweaks

FRANCE

Operation Frenchpoint

MAF2Ext Mod

French Resistance

*optional config also provides WEST and EAST versions

SPAIN

BELGIUM

NETHERLANDS

DENMARK

DDAM

*optional config provides NON-ACE version ( + remove 2 pbos : ddam_info_ace and ddam_m1045a2_ace)

Danish Army Troops

NORWAY

SWEDEN

Swedish Forces Mod

*optional config provides NON-ACRE version (+ remove 2 pbos : sfp_ra145 and sfp_ra180)

FINLAND

FDF Mod

POLAND

LITHUANIA

Generic Lithuania Infantry

* optional config also provides some additional unit types

LATVIA

Generic Latvia Infantry

* optional config also provides some additional unit types

AUSTRIA

GREECE

TURKEY

UKRAINE

Ukranian Armed Forces

Ukrainian Marines

Ukrainian Recon

MACEDONIA

SLOVENIA

SERBIA

Generic Serbian Infantry

*optional config also provides GUER versions

GEORGIA / SOUTH OSSETIA

Georgian Armed Forces Mod

Generic Georgian Infantry

*optional config also provides EAST and GUER versions

CHECHNYA

Chechen Rebels

Chechen BTR70

CANADA

AUSTRALIA

NEW ZEALAND

UNITED NATIONS

BIS UN (available WEST, EAST, and GUER)

French UN

RACS UN Troops

Polish UN Troops

Austrian UN Troops

*optional config also provides WEST versions

Su33 Flanker-D

UN FV510 Warrior

UN BTR70

UN BRDM

CHINA

VME PLA Mod

*optional config also provides WEST and GUER versions

JAPAN

SOUTH KOREA

NORTH KOREA

North Korean Army

Generic North Korean Infantry

IRAN

Iranian Forces Mod

*optional config also provides WEST and EAST versions of Iran, GUER version of NLA

IRAQ

LOBO Gulf War Mod

*optional config also provides WEST and GUER versions

Generic Iraqi Infantry

SAUDI ARABIA

LOBO Gulf War Mod

QATAR

LOBO Gulf War Mod

EGYPT

Egyptian Army

INDIA

Generic Indian Infantry

PAKISTAN

Generic Pakistani Infantry

AZERBAIJAN

ARGENTINA

Generic Argentine Infantry

BRAZIL

Generic Brazilian Infantry

CHILE

Generic Chilean Infantry

COLOMBIA

Generic Colombian Infantry

VENEZUELA

Generic Venezuelan Infantry

SAHRANI

FIJI

ANZAC Mod

NOGOVA

FIA (Guerillas)

Cold War Rearmed

CSLA Mod

TERRORISTS

Irish Republican Army

*optional config also provides EAST versions

FFAA Mod Generic Terrorists

LINGOR

DUALA

AFMC (Generic BLUFOR faction)

TIGERIA

Tigerian Army

OTHERS

PMC DLC (available in WEST, EAST, and GUER)

Post-Apocalypse Units

Generic Western Infantry

Generic Guerilla Infantry

Generic Black Ops, Mercenaries, and Middle Eastern OPFOR

Features:

Version 5.03:

- new : in MISCELLANEOUS menu (0-8-6) option to 'unstick' stuck AI. sometimes AI just wont move lots of time due to either being stuck in a pistol holding animation or sometimes after emerging from water. I've seen this in the vanilla game as well. now you can go up to an AI and select this and the AI will be 'unstuck'.

- new : for other AI, code will attempt to unstick AI periodically on its own in the background

- tweak : LOST mode - when loading cache on vehicles, better handling of loading back on vehicle it was just unloaded off of.

- numerous small bug fixes

Upcoming:

- Taviana

- Esbekistan

Install:

Included missions folder go into your ARMA 2 Missions folder:

ARMA 2/Missions/MARKB50K's Apocalypse Missions/*.pbo

For the ADDON pbos, Recommend using modfolder included in the download.

Example directory structure using a modfolder named @markb50k_Apocalypse (you can name it whatever you like):

@markb50k_Apocalypse/Addons/MARKB50K_Apocalypse.pbo

@markb50k_Apocalypse/Addons/MARKB50K_Config_Chechen.pbo (use this ONLY if you are running Stagler's Chechen Rebels and want the option of Chechens on any side)

@markb50k_Apocalypse/Addons/MARKB50K_Config_Iran.pbo (use this ONLY if you are running Iranian Forces Mod and want the option of these units on any side)

..etc.. for all other config pbos

Then make sure you add @markb50k_Apocalypse to your -mod parameter in your game startup shortcut.

Credits:

Scripts inspired by:

"Dynamic Weather" by RUBE

"Random Position Generator" by Shuko

"Group Manager / Equipment Editor" by Clayman

"High Command Extensions" by DomZ

"MIP (updated ALICE/SILVIE modules)" by wolffy.au & zGuba

"AI Unit Caching" by (AEF)Wolffy.au

BI for Arma2

Obviously Clayman for the initial inspiration.

Previous versions:

Download:

File @ Mediafire

File @ Armaholic (Be sure to check version, as the mirror is often behind in version)

Edited by markb50k
updated to 5.03

Whats this Madness!!! Gonna download and give her a spin, Sounds great bro!

Oh and I mentioned this in the other thread, but I am leaving on vacation for the next week and a half, so I really hope the mission works fine for everyone because I wont be able to do alot of fixes or requests, and we should assume i cant do any, during the time.

Heklos helped me out by finding a few bugs and i got those ironed out, so i think its stable.

So i'll keep an eye on the feedback but probably wont be able to do anything about it until i get back.

Very nice mate so far.... I have seen a problem with a PMC guy that could not die however.

PLEASE consider doing an MP version of this :)

Have a great holiday.

Very nice mate so far.... I have seen a problem with a PMC guy that could not die however.

PLEASE consider doing an MP version of this :)

Have a great holiday.

Thanks.

As for the unkillable guy, i was noticing that the fatality rate on paratroopers was higher than i wanted so i put some code in to allowDamage false while they were in the parachute, and set it to true when the hit the ground. I guess that guy somehow slipped through the cracks. I'll probably remove that code and just let the paratroopers take their chances. Hopefully it wont be a big issue until i can put a new version out.

UPDATE: put out new 1.1 version if you are having issues with any soldiers unkillable.

Edited by markb50k

Oh and I mentioned this in the other thread, but I am leaving on vacation for the next week and a half, so I really hope the mission works fine for everyone because I wont be able to do alot of fixes or requests, and we should assume i cant do any, during the time.

Heklos helped me out by finding a few bugs and i got those ironed out, so i think its stable.

So i'll keep an eye on the feedback but probably wont be able to do anything about it until i get back.

Here to another masterpiece :D

I keep finding myself getting distracted as I get to watch the opposing sides clash in the valley below me. Great work again!

This looks really great, I tried it but noticed no option to zero heli's (have none at start) ... reason is everytime I got dropped into zone no sooner was I on the ground I had enemy heli balsting me to death within about 20 seconds. Is there a way (that I may have missed BTW) to delay enemy heli already in flight at the start or at least have them start from the ground with a delay of some kind?

Again, might have missed something.

Also not that had issue so far. Mostly being playing on Chern/Taki. One thing that I am having a issue with is getting a squad to drop/spawn.

I'm using the support menu to first place the target I want my support to be dropped at. I'm then choosing say the infantry squad from the support

menu. It takes the credits for this and then nothing happens? I look in the support queue and there is some items lined up for other squads but none

for my own. I played for about an hour after this to see if it was a timed thing. (waiting for the the planes/choppers to do the rounds) Still got no squad?

I requested things from the other menu — the armour support and I can see it starts to come directly to me and works great!

Thanks for this mission it plays great and there is so much going on with good performance so far!

Hiding on a roof in Taki at the mo with a clip in a AK while thre UAZs with gunners are circling. Would be a good time for that support! :)

Will it work with ace? No clue as I don't run ACE. Others played Lost with ACE and I think it worked...

Whether enemy helis are close to you at the start is really random. All helis fly in from the reinforcement points at the edge of the map and I don't have an option to keep them away. Just gotta get lucky I guess.

Support requests don't drop a infantry close to you. Like tanks requesting infantry support just tasks the nearest capable unit to travel to the support location. You should immediately see a group nearby add a waypoint to the location.

If you want infantry dropped to you order reinforcements through the reinforcements submenu. It seems you may be getting reinforcements and support request mixed up

Sorry yeah I mean I was ordering reinforcements to myself. I dropped a point down for them them to drop. I check in the queue for reinforcements after and it never seems to change. It's 7am in game time now and the first reinforcements on the list were supposed to drop at 620am. I think mine are in the list to be spawned just that they never get a chance maybe?

Still having a real good game on this! I was pinned down on that roof for about an hour picking my moment to sprint as my APC supports rolled into town! Give me just enough time to heal and get some ammo.

Back to it!

The mission sounds excellent, but I can't launch it with or without addons (excpet of course the addon for the mission). I even tried launching it from the editor, but to no avail.

I'll send the rpt if you want it, any help would be apperciated!

thanks, Stubs.

Whether enemy helis are close to you at the start is really random. All helis fly in from the reinforcement points at the edge of the map and I don't have an option to keep them away. Just gotta get lucky I guess.

This is what im getting with enemy helis, I did forget to mention im using ACE + ASR_AI ... so im wondering if that's effecting the aggressive nature and the fact they are in the air and attacking as im parachuting down.

Would be nice to have a option for helis/attack air that can be set to "0" or "none" as an option.

For now I will launch without said mods and try things, really like it though.

Any chance of supporting Mcnools 2 maps & also Lingors counterpart desert version Dingor?

Edited by mrcash2009

....and making it MP! No pressure, but it would be an awesome thing to play with others !

Got it to work by installing latest beta! however, the majority of the parachutes explode when they hit the ground.

Thanks for the mission! Stubs.

I am having a hard time with this mission... When I request reinforcements, they never seem to arrive...? How long should I expect to wait? I know there is a reinforcement que, but I never see my * next to anything so nothing ever arrives.. waited like 1/2 hour...

Also I don't understand any of the HC section... Any option I select does not do anything or give any hints... I guess I am asking is there a readme? I am usually able to figure stuff out but i can't seem to figure this one out.

Ok seems from your feedback that there may be a bug in requesting reinforcements. I can't

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

Sorry. Hit send by mistake

So anyway I can't promise a fix until I get back. So I would recommend not requesting any reinforcements until a fix is found.

As for issues with the hc commands please realize that those commands only work with groups you control with the hc module. By default none of your allied groups are under your control so pretty much any command you give through the comms menu won't work. Does that make sense?

If you have a specific on a particular command that you think should be working I can address that as well but right now I can only talk in generalities.

As for multiplayer. Woah I wouldn't even know where to begin on that. If anyone wants to give it a try more power to them

Look forward to the bug fix. Even without your own squad this mission is super fun. I've never got pinned down for so long before. I even had two snipers come looking inside a building for me — with no AI mods. First time thats ever happened.

When the squad reinforcements work this will be awesome! Also is it only the players reinforcements that does not work, do the AI get reinforcements? If the AI's requests also are bugged I look doubly forward to the fix — it will be manic!

AI reinforcements work fine. Seems its just getting player requested ones in queue.

Thanks for the comments!

Mark,

what file does one have to edit to include another group into the factions? It's just adding the class names to the appropriate file correct?

I noticed that adding the config pbo's IE: "MARKB50K_Config_" I get slower game load, also in editor when I place a unit or group in general (any type) it causes a delay on the popup menu to select and place a unit. Also the highlight in editor for F1 F2 etc for unit/group the highlight is missing so your not sure what you selected, click the map, pause ...................... and then the list dialogue will show with delays.

If I remove the config pbo's on launch all is well.

I use ACE .. not sure if they are clashing or something, I wont use them as I see its not fully required, but thought Id post if anyone sees this behaviour.

Yes I get that behavour, in fact I cannot even select from f1 - f7 options, or it's really delayed.. When I remove the mod all is well.

Was going to post but other strange things been happening in my game I suspected corrupt install