Sign in to follow this  
Facemeister75

Resistance better not mark the end...

I just prepurchased my copy of Resistance a couple of days ago and cannot wait to get in it,but I just noticed something that everybody probably already did. It is an expansion pack of the third and last faction in the original flashpoint. At first I thought it was a whole new game within itself but I finally just caught on. Flashpoint:Cold War Crisis(Western), Red Hammer(Eastern), and Resistance(Resistance). Seeing that that is the last faction I hope the developers don't stop with Resistance. Yeah I know its early to even worry about it but I am a Flashpoint Fanatic and I want to see for years to come.What do you all think?? Picture a knew flashpoint with the crisp clean graphics like Medal of Honor or Wolfenstein,that would be TIGHT!!! SUPA SWEET!!! now wouldn't it?? wow.gif

Independence lost is as far as we know based on the original OFP engine. I think however with good business in mind that there is no doubt that we will see a sequel to OFP in the future.

What do u guys think of Flashpoint online!confused.gif

They could make it a massive multiplayer online game.. Make 1 huge island make 3 sides where u can only play on when ur in a squad so no lone wolfs excist make it 1 big fighting arena with in everytown flags that can only be capped by inf get some ai guards in to and here we go makeing a great front..

I thought about this even before flashpoint came out almost 1 year ago.. Then it wouldbe the best war sim ever.. pls respond what u think of it

greetz Rambi

I heard from someone that OFP was one big beta test for a better game (independence lost) because they had to rush the game because they would lose their funding? Well, I hope OFP runs strong till the next game like OFP. But the beta testings kinda got me burnt out of ofp so I hope when I receive my package in the mail it will refresh my love for the game. sad.gif

the problem with that rambi is CPU power and bandwidth...it would run very slowly for the majority of people

confused.gifsad.gif

Look at ww2online i got good fps on a amd 750 so thats not the problem i started playing it with a 56 had no lag then now on cable and im slaved to it it would be cool

I doubt OFP was rushed out as a beta. It was in development for around 3years?

IL may be based on the OFP engine, but I suspect it will be upgraded before it's released. Look how LOMAC has progressed from an expansion for Flanker 2 to a whole new game with a new engine.

With any luck the OFP franchise will get as long and boring as the Tomb Raider series smile.gif

COLINMAN

I think with the commercial succes of OFP and the experience gained by BIS, they could do amazing things if they build OFP2 from scratch.

I dare not imagine how it could be if an OFP2 incorporated some of the cutting edge technologies in the business, like the pixel shading and dynamic lighting in Doom III - as well as a physics engine like Havoc.

Would also be nice to see grass everywhere on the islands and a sea you could dive in.

Going a bit off-topic...

If BIS/CM has developed three games, Operation Flashpoint: Cool War Crisis (main game) (West Team), Operation Flashpoint: Red Hammer (expansion pack) (Rusian team), and Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (expansion pack) (resistance Team)... my question is.. will be the last expansion with CIVILIAN TEAM?? biggrin.gif Would be so coool biggrin.gif, with hunting weapons! biggrin.gif

OpinionS?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (camper @ June 20 2002,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Going a bit off-topic...

If BIS/CM has developed three games, Operation Flashpoint: Cool War Crisis (main game) (West Team), Operation Flashpoint: Red Hammer (expansion pack) (Rusian team), and Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (expansion pack) (resistance Team)... my question is.. will be the last expansion with CIVILIAN TEAM?? biggrin.gif Would be so coool biggrin.gif, with hunting weapons! biggrin.gif

OpinionS?<span id='postcolor'>

Umm..that's what the Resistance is, dude.

Civilians that take up arms against invaders. biggrin.gif

As for OFP2, for all we know it's already in development, and they are just keeping mum about it to avoid hyping a product that might be 1-1.5 years off.

I cant see them dropping the franchise when it has been as successful as it is smile.gif

i think the US marines is funding VBS with $400 a copy so i've heard

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NZXSHADOWS @ June 20 2002,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think OFP is funding VBS.Its just a Thought.<span id='postcolor'>

I think OFP made VBS possible. After all, if I remember correctly the US Armed Forces were looking to get Novalogic to help them out.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

*gasps for his breath*

Oh god...that's so funny.

Dont get me wrong, I thought the DF series was the greatest until I played Operation:Flashpoint. If the military didnt get BIS to help them out, they would be doing themselves a terrible disservice.

Does anyone else find it sort of amusing that a former Eastern Block nation has produced a software studio that is being employed by the US Military (And thus like privy to a lot of secrets)? I mean...15 years ago, it would have been high treason to send a bunch of guys in Praque all the information they probably have now smile.gif

How the world changes.

All I hope is that BIS has a long and prosperous career developing cutting edge sims for us warheads.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snoopy @ June 20 2002,06:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think the US marines is funding VBS with $400 a copy so i've heard<span id='postcolor'>

So that's where my tax check went biggrin.gif For sure the Marines have paid plenty for VBS. If 400 bucks a copy is all they are paying BIS needs someone who knows how to bargain cause that's cheap. Should've told them the Chinese were interested. That would've at least doubled the price

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 20 2002,06:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone else find it sort of amusing that a former Eastern Block nation has produced a software studio that is being employed by the US Military (And thus like privy to a lot of secrets)?  I mean...15 years ago, it would have been high treason to send a bunch of guys in Praque all the information they probably have now smile.gif

How the world changes.

All I hope is that BIS has a long and prosperous career developing cutting edge sims for us warheads.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe I agree with that. I think the Czech Republic is quite an interesting place. I first started to get interested in it cause Frank Zappa (my favorite musician) was going to join the government as a cultural adviser.

But I don't think Resistance will be the end. I would think (well hoping) that there will be many OFP like based games from BIS. It works well for Red Storm. Just look at Rainbow Six. They are still making games based on that.

Well it wouldn't be the first time that a software company dumped a great thing. Doom/Quake is the only long running series I can think of off the top of my head. And yet I can think of too many that quit after a beautiful think. Longbow, Falcon4, EECH....

Already the compitition is out there building their own OFP. Valve was supposed to be working on a OFP a long time ago but it never materialized. confused.gif Anyone know the story on that? I think EA has a OFP in the works and doesn't MS have one based on their Close Combat series?

I am guessing that we have seen the end of the enclosed shooters but then again the likes of Wolf and MOHAA came out after the wide open expanses of Tribes so maybe there will always be a niche for that sort of mindless blasting.

I know what the next one in the series is. We have the 3 sides of the fight represented, but there is still one front that hasn't got the attention that it deserves:

Operation Flashpoint: Passivist

-make your voice heard on the homefront

-protest the useless slaughter of American people for a foreign land that no one has heard of

-uncover secret aggendas of the international corpurations and their globalisation plots

-pratisipate in marches and rallies, brave teargas and rubber bullets

-weapons inclueded:slingshot, waterballoons,malatov cocktails, rocks, etc

-tear down the esstablishment

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

guess the G8 is slanting my view smile.gif

COLINMAN

Ain't VBS considered to be as OFP 2. Well at least they r going to release it too, right?!

Nope, VBS is something we will never get our hands on (except by joining the marines). However, some VBS models might be released as future addons for OFP or IL. And I guess this is what you refer to, Independence Lost, anounced several months ago. But it was never said, what status it will be, expansion, seperate product, OFP2, ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 20 2002,08:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know what the next one in the series is. We have the 3 sides of the fight represented, but there is still one front that hasn't got the attention that it deserves:

Operation Flashpoint: Passivist

-make your voice heard on the homefront

-protest the useless slaughter of American people for a foreign land that no one has heard of

-uncover secret aggendas of the international corpurations and their globalisation plots

-pratisipate in marches and rallies, brave teargas and rubber bullets

-weapons inclueded:slingshot, waterballoons,malatov cocktails, rocks, etc

-tear down the esstablishment

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

guess the G8 is slanting my view smile.gif

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

yup! I'm pretty sure they would sell great around Berkeley campus! biggrin.gif

I can see resistance being the start of a large increase in the amount of russian gear being made. I mean there is so much 'west' stuff and I know there are a lot of 'east' stuff now but you can only retexture an AK so many times.

I for one hope BIS stops putting energy into this game after Resistance. It's time to move on for them, and get their teeth into a new project armed with what they learnt from OFP. I don't doubt that it will be a similar game, one probably worthy of the title OFP2 to us fans, but probably not called that officially. If I know BIS correctly, they will happily see us guessing and speculating till the time is right to really start getting us excited.. They are very good at that, and it´s the right tactic for them smile.gif

I think OFP can't survive as it is much longer as a product, allthough you will probably find me sitting in a wheelchair in an old peoples home in my old age, still playing OFP. The game is that good.

We need a new engine, without all the limitations of this one. Real flight physics, shooting from backs of vehicles (multiple gunners), real water, real damage modeling.. all that. Pixel shading and moving trees and grass and all that would be pretty great too, but never as important. I would like the leader of OFP genre games to be BIS, as I think they deserve it.

Konyak

i dont thenk we need a new engine, the current ones good and can only produce better and better things with the same engine on higher end computers like the terrian resolution. Moving trees and stuff would be cool and probly not that hard, water is not as important maybee make it so when on inside view ur view stays in the proper place when going under and have just blue to look at u cant see far in real life under water the most in idea places is round 50m and thats very far. A normal person swimming couldnt swin uder water for more than 20secs really and u dont move very fast in water so u wouldnt swim from island to island i would like a surface animation of swimming were people float and when moving do freestyle in stead of the lead men. But adding somthing like jip would really launch the mp community look at df2 crap game but with attack defend maps up to 60 people it was fun and had up to 6000 people online at a time but as bis have said its very very hard to to or impossible maybee ofp2 if its called that then maps like karillions rts would be very popular. And even when bis move on to there next thing we have the mods which would be like whole new games so many areas to explore to any features to try.