Sign in to follow this  
Nutlink

Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter

Game looks interesting but that locale....I keep waiting for these guys to show up

miami_vice.jpg

He also updated the text on the kickstarter page. Though he still did not mention some features that will be in the game, like detailed pre-mission planning, but if you read some of his posts on the forums you will see he clearly intends on making a SWAT 4 style game. $15 gets you the game when it is finished assuming they reach the $200,000 goal. If they don't reach the $200,000, you don't loose any money.

If you really liked Raven Shield and SWAT 4 this might be your only chance to see another similar game anytime soon.

unfortunately for the lad, this is the sort of material he should have had BEFORE he started his kickstart project, not with 1 week before the end of it...

unfortunately for the lad, this is the sort of material he should have had BEFORE he started his kickstart project, not with 1 week before the end of it...

Agreed. Though it is too late to go back now. If they fail there might be another Kickstarter, but I am not sure.

Well, I pledged $20. Seems a no lose to me. If it gets up, there's a possibility of a really decent modern tactical CQB sim. If not, I get the money back and keep on playing Arma2/3.

And the fact that not much media attention as well, they get a few at the beginning of the KS campaign then only 1 or 2 half the way, but thats it.

I donated some anyway. I like the fact that games could be funded this way. Maybe, just maybe we might see something a bit more interesting than the usual 'cookie cutter' stuff we're getting from the big publishers.

They have increased by $20,000 in 24 hours, so with 5 days to go it's not impossible that he will get his $200,000.

It does look a good concept too - as long as they stick to the principles!

105,000 now. Looking a bit better than before, but only 4 days to go.

It's picking up steam now but it might be too late.

I don't think it will, but let's hope it does.

Shut up and give them your money! :) (But not all your money, leave something for BIS)

I suggest, everybody participating in this thread should send them an email letting them know that they'd like them to extend the deadline. It'd be a shame to let this opportunity go to hell. Unfortunately, I left my credit card in my other pocket. In another country.

40 hours to go and still 60000 bucks short, I can only say that the changes came too late :(

And the fact that not much media attention as well, they get a few at the beginning of the KS campaign then only 1 or 2 half the way, but thats it.

There wasn't much media attention simply because there was nothing to report apart from a working title.

For example media does give enough attention to BIS because BIS has something to show.

I totally forgot about this project up until Serellan quickly started trying to save something a week prior to the end in a very sloppy way (that shooting dogs post, concept art from copyrighted photos) that gave him a bad PR.

It's kinda disappointing though. Even if it would've turned out to be just another sad mediocrity like GRAW - we wouldn't be losing much. But it could've also been an awesome old R6/GR-like game. Him trying to PR it though did him a lot more harm than good.

Remember if you pledged to participate in the forums. A lot of PS3/SOCOM gamers are flooding in there, and their vision of a "tactical shooter" isn't exactly aligned with R6/SWAT. Keep posting, making suggestions and reference features you liked in R6/GR/SWAT that you would like to see in Takedown.

Unfortunate about the concept art, but it was the artist that screwed them over. At least he removed it and apologized.

Their initial response was to call those that pointed it out, and I quote; "Trolls". They (the CEO himself) then called said concept art, "paintings that mimic photographs". Please. I pulled my pledge following that initial response.

These guys reek of absolute scumbaggery.

@ Flogger

I have a feeling what most people consider a tac-shooter isn't going to be the final product, if it ever sees the light of day that is.

The tactical shooter community is too negative for this to be an easy success.

Back in the early 2000s it was mostly gamers playing challenging FPS titles for fun. Today it's morphed into a really weird place with ultra hardcore military geeks on one side and console kids on the other. Turns off the bulk of actual pc gamers stuck in the middle.

The tactical shooter community is too negative for this to be an easy success.

Back in the early 2000s it was mostly gamers playing challenging FPS titles for fun. Today it's morphed into a really weird place with ultra hardcore military geeks on one side and console kids on the other. Turns off the bulk of actual pc gamers stuck in the middle.

Agreed. I would love to see a R6 or OGR spiritual successor. I think that is a happy middle ground and two games I thoroughly enjoyed and still play to this day. That said, I have my suspicions that what these guys have planned isn't anything like that, but I could be wrong.

That said, I have my suspicions that what these guys have planned isn't anything like that, but I could be wrong.

His intent is clear.

If he wanted to dupe people, why would he specifically state that he wants to create the successor to "the original Rainbow Six and SWAT series". The fanbase for these titles has eroded to nothing, he could have picked some incredibly dumbed down popular mainstream shooters but he doesn't.

His intent is clear.

If he wanted to dupe people, why would he specifically state that he wants to create the successor to "the original Rainbow Six and SWAT series". The fanbase for these titles has eroded to nothing, he could have picked some incredibly dumbed down popular mainstream shooters but he doesn't.

I can't even recall how many times I've heard developers say that in past...

I'll be reserving judgement until more then just hearsay and pitches is presented.

I can't even recall how many times I've heard developers say that in past...

I'll be reserving judgement until more then just hearsay and pitches is presented.

Strange, I can't recall any developer of a shooter claim they wanted to exactly match those specific titles. Since I've been waiting for about 10 years to hear someone say that, I think I might have recalled.

Strange, I can't recall any developer of a shooter claim they wanted to exactly match those specific titles. Since I've been waiting for about 10 years to hear someone say that, I think I might have recalled.

I was referring to developer claims, any developer, that promises one thing and delivers another, that they are/were producing realistic shooters, an unparalleled attention to detail, or a followup in the genre of a previous title. However, it usually becomes apparent upon release or prior to, that that isn't or won't be the case. Realism is a very broad and subjective term, it encompasses a wide variety arena's, and its meanings vary according to the individual. I think you need to take a step back and approach this project a bit more subjectively instead of drinking their kool-aid, it enables logical thinking on a much broader scale. Now, would I like to see a "throw back" to the good 'ol days of a thinking mans shooter a la R6:RS or OGR? Most certainly.

Christian's last five games were console only titles. I'm not saying this can or will have a impact upon the completed project but again... subjectivity, mate.

EDIT - With all that said, my other issues with this project and the people or person behind it is a different story.

Edited by DetCord