Sign in to follow this  
Nutlink

Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter

Maybe later, I'm already through my absurdly low budget after buying PZ. I'd like to see if the project holds water, first.

I have no idea what you are talking about with Garry's mod. sure it's become a more commercialized game' date=' but it's still relatively unknown. The modding community is still very active & in fact thriving. Yes, Garry's Mod is a game now - and I'm very pleased with the fact, after it started selling on steam there have been incredible advancements to the game. And if i'm not mistaken, the same people who helped ages ago are still working on the game today. Nothing changes except for the price, and 10 bucks isn't much.[/quote']

Re-read my post. Where did I say anything about popularity about any of those? All I mentioned was the ones that I tried that were worth paying for became commercial games anyway.

That´s a shot from Ground Branch :confused:

Speaking of which: Get it done already!! *nerdrage*

Must of posted that late at night. Either way my comment stands on that project, though obviously has no relevance to this one.

Third person on consoles eh? Meh. It reeks of cover systems.

He said there won't be a cover system. And that is for consoles only, assuming they do make a console port. Remember, it is a PC game that might get ported to consoles.

Yes he clearly said that first person for PC followed by first and third person on console, which means that we can say he is a liar if he ever dare to make a third person noob cover mode in PC.:p

3rd person for consoles with option for 1st. Big difference.

3rd person for consoles with option for 1st. Big difference.

But that brings up the same problem as some people have with Arma's third person. You can look around corners with third person without leaning. So, it brings up some balance issues.

I'm sure it'd be possible to have server options that disallow 3rd person.

My point was, it's not at all needed to have a third person mode.

For replay functionality sure, cool, awesome even. But for actual gameplay, just no. It's just not needed, and it may very well be the first of a long list of shortcomings or things he conceded on in order to sell more copies.

Now he says that it won't be in for PC and as such it won't affect me, but what's the point of adding it just for consoles then? It would be really easy for him to just port it over real quick and add it and say "Well, yeah, but it's optional. It's more fun this way, trust me."

Remember the last time someone promised to make a 'fun' Operation Flashpoint? What did we end up with?

/shrug

I understand the concern, but the crowdsourced model that he's going for means that PC gamers have a strong influence on what features make it. So a large vote against 3rd person would hopefully deter it. Considering how he started out on game modding, with Rainbow Six, I can't see him consolising the PC version, despite his work on console games in the industry.

It won't charge you any money untill the funding is success, so what the heck?:p

@Disaster

The last time I check, Consolemaster is a big publisher who want to make a CODish clone

Edited by 4 IN 1

Yep, but as the saying: "If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings." I'm just cautious, because some people like serious practical jokes on April Fools'.

Edited by [GR]Operative
typos :P

And BIS announced TOH last year that day, that wasn't a joke.

Well, it was a joke in the joke (inception?) The irony was in the date, people expected a joke and got a sim/game from it.

And BIS announced TOH last year that day, that wasn't a joke.

They announced Take on Zombies on April 1. I wonder how that turned out :rolleyes:

Hi all :) i decided to come here and wanted to tell you guys about Serellan and the game they want to make, the game has no name besides Game X at the moment and they want to attempt to make a tactical close quarter shooter. They want to bring back the good days of the shooting genre when games like Rainbow Six, SWAT 4, Operation Flashpoint, and Ghost Recon were the juggernauts of the gaming industry before games that had no tactical or remote realism were becoming the only games to come out into the genre. The video that is linked will be going into much more detail.

Thank you for your time and I hope you guy would want to support a game like this.

Looks like a trustworthy fellow with sensible goals. I might just look into this game since I have fond memories of games like SWAT 4 :yay:

Still, Kickstarter doesn't appear to accept PayPal.

Anyone who have a amazon account and credit card can pay. Works like pre-purchase on amazon.

Kind offtopic, but related to tactical shooters, since its been a while we don´t have anything good or new in the genre:

Very WIP but imagine something like that in some other shooter like... dunno... one that involves greek islands and stuff.... :rolleyes:

That game called Intruder seems very interesting. When I saw the stick camera at work and the way they handle doors I immediately became very, very interested. Then I saw the concussion grenade throwing people around and was like 'hmm..'

Afaik concussion grenades are meant to kill through overpressure causing arteries etc. to pop and cause internal bleeding and such without using fragments of the grenade itself, not to throw people around like sandbags xD