Sign in to follow this  
anthropoid

ArmA Has Stopped Working (ArmA - Gold Not Working After Initial Install)

Problem: Unable to run game after initial installation of Arma - Gold, downloaded from Gamersgate. I would suppose this is the final patch for the game.

Specs:

AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series, 8.850.0.0 (driver version), Display Memory: 754 MB; Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB

Digital Audio Interface (SB Audigy) 5.12.0001.2020 (English)

8192MB RAM

ArmA - Gold English (purchased from Gamersgate yesterday so presumably final patch)

DirectX 11

Actions Taken So Far

I have fixed the "d3dx9_30.dll was not found" by installing the latest DirectX at the link in the FAQ and rebooted.

I have updated all my drivers (CPU, Video, Sounds, Network).

I have the game installed outside of the secure folders that tend to be a problem with Windows 7

C:\SKN Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA

Description of Problem

When I attempt to run the game as an Administrator, I see a small window with 7 or 10 tick boxes. All but the last two are ticked. Few seconds later, screen transitions and goes black for a few seconds. A progress icon spins for a few seconds with a black background screen. App then crashes back to desktop and a Windows alert window pops up to say:

ArmA has stopped working

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem

There is a delay while the progress icon spins, and then the Windows alert window is appended with the following:

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

When I right-click my ArmA launcher desktop shortcut and run "Test Compability" the result it renders is that "ArmA is an incompatible application"

I suspect that all these errors and tests are generating logs that can provide more info but I'm not sure where they live. Will be happy to find them and post them if given some direction.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ok..fixed this problem on my own. Just add -dsound to the Bat file and it works.