Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

Japanese Self-Defence Force DLC might be in the making.

Am I only one who does think that this image isn't taken in Chernarus? Ok it is heavily edited but still.

Is there a arma 2 vegetation list with pictures somewhere? I think I recall I saw it somewhere but I can't find it...

Cool, I am hiding money now under my couch for this addon.

Dingo 2 <3 YES!!!

I hope that this DLC will have like the others a new map but what would be the best thing to happen if BI maybe works a second time on the chenarus map.

Like making every building possible to enter. this would help the DayZ ppl and the ppl that did buy Arma 2 for DayZ could think about buying the ACR DLC too.

More MoneyZ.

Mhhhhh what kind of story we get? Maybe some kind explanation how thing will develop to the arma 3 situation.

Possible Scenarios for story =

IF ACR: Maybe Russia/Iran invade Chernarus in an attempt to annex it = Chernarus/Takistan not appearing on A3 war map = leads to ArmA 3

IF JSDF: USA/China cold war in pacific = whats happening in ArmA 3 = leads to ArmA 3

EDIT: Forgot to mention me sweating nervously in preparation for possible summer Chernarus!

As the ArmA3 dev blogs have mentioned something about addon compatibility/easy conversion, maybe it'd be compatible with ArmA3 right off the bat?

That's what I'm thinking. It seems absurd for them to release another DLC so close to another game release... Surely it has to be compatible with ArmA 3... i.e Buy it for A2, you then get it for A3 when it's ready?

I just find it weird that they're releasing it now, maybe 2 months a go would have been fine, but now that it's soo close to Q4 and whole entire new game, just seems... strange to say the least. Oh well.

Am I only one who does think that this image isn't taken in Chernarus? Ok it is heavily edited but still.

The yellow flowers make me doubt, but I think it's taken between Staroye and Msta.

That's what I'm thinking. It seems absurd for them to release another DLC so close to another game release... Surely it has to be compatible with ArmA 3... i.e Buy it for A2, you then get it for A3 when it's ready?

I just find it weird that they're releasing it now, maybe 2 months a go would have been fine, but now that it's soo close to Q4 and whole entire new game, just seems... strange to say the least. Oh well.

It is to recoup some of the losses created by Lord Ivan's bar bill at E3, otherwise BIS will be bankrupt before the completion of A3.

So we better all chip in to make sure we get to play in Limnos at a later date.

I would say it's not ACR but really JSDF. I ain't a military expert and the vehicles and stuff all look alike anyways because they are made for the same objectives/missions, so they are built the same way, look at the L39/T4 => both avanced training planes and IRL they appear to have a lot in common looking at Wikipedia pictures; I do know that BIS likes to troll us but only on 1st aprils and not so hard, but for I have made a (poor) retexture of the L39 for the Tigerians units I actually believe the plane canopy doesn't "profile" exactly the same as on the L39 we already have in game.

But again I do really hope it's JSDF because it was - with FDF - one of my favorite mod for OFP, so I might by biased in the matter ! And it would maybe also mean a total overhaul of the Russian Army - that would be the most logical OPFOR along with the chinese.

Wait n See ! =D

As we still don't know precise conditions for getting into A3 Community Alpha, there's various paths BIS could take --- say, buying this brand-new expansion/DLC will give you access to A3CA. I'm not sure if this would be the worst possible case, but we can assume it's likely to happen... More like - direct incorporation of significantly increased A2 popularity ;)

I would say it's not ACR but really JSDF. I ain't a military expert and the vehicles and stuff all look alike anyways because they are made for the same objectives/missions

If that's a Type 96, and not a 'Pandur II CZ'/KBVP; I owe the guys at BIS a round of Asahi!

comparisonsml.jpg

^Click for larger^

For starters, the driver's on the wrong side of the vehicle for a Japanese-designed APC.

PurePassion's already discovered that 'Pandur II' is mentioned in the Metadata written into the image, likewise 'L-159 Alca' on the T-4 image and so on for all the other Czech vehicles identified on the first page.

Well as I already said I'm not an expert, just some fanboy that likes OFP/ArmA/ArmA II. I was a bit too eager facing the idea I could finally play something really different into ArmA II and I guess skipped every piece of relevant info. :(

(Tho I'll keep on hoping they make a JSDF DLC someday since it's obviously not for this time)

Yes it's another DLC

Why? Seriously what's the point in releasing it before ArmA3?

The map on screenshots also looks terrible. It's like they hired amateurs.

Seriously BIS?

Yes it's another DLC

Why? Seriously what's the point in releasing it before ArmA3?

The map on screenshots also looks terrible. It's like they hired amateurs.

Seriously BIS?

Some people just like to bitch and moan it seems

Oh man, and they want $12 for a something that looks like a very amateurish mod?

You would think after DayZ there will be no shortage of monies.

Visibility Clear: Czech Forces Incoming!

With the help of our very own Community Intelligence Agency (you know who you are, great job guys!), we've managed to see through the fog of war and get an accurate assessment on last week's Recon data.

The units in motion appear to be designed in the Czech Republic, and assembled in the Czech Republic, too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]161[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]162[/ATTACH]

Full Announcement.

Edited by Placebo