Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

Japanese Self-Defence Force DLC might be in the making.

And if it wasnt clear enough

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3292/jsdf01.jpg

that is clearly the SA58 the guy has on the right (the one with the aimpoint sight on it)

It even resemble one of the menu intros for OA. Anyway both japanese or czech units are welcome, just dunno how they would hook them for the history. Maybe some preparation for A3 to explain that map that generated some controversy when was released?

If you look at the guy on the right, you can make out the curved magazine and characteristic raised front sight. Looks like Sa58 tactical (rails, telescopic stock) to me - It's definitely not a Howa89. Helmets look like Czech army helmets as well. Hard to make out the camo due to jpeg compression artifacts.

If you look at the guy on the right, you can make out the curved magazine and characteristic raised front sight. Looks like Sa58 tactical (rails, telescopic stock) to me - It's definitely not a Howa89. Helmets look like Czech army helmets as well. Hard to make out the camo due to jpeg compression artifacts.

By looking at the pattern, it's the same they used for the OA units. Not to mention that the Dingo 2 in the background is painted in desert tan. This must be their goodbye ArmA 2 DLC so they went all patriotic on us :D

...Or they know that Arma3 will be released with a few monthes of delay, and they decided to send us a last DLC to make us waiting...

As I have said in another thread, Tuesday is so, so far away!!! :D

...Or they know that Arma3 will be released with a few monthes of delay, and they decided to send us a last DLC to make us waiting...

Speaking of delays... I kinda hope that the Dingo 2 makes it's way into ArmA3 as NATO's L-ATV, since now they have a model for it, that is... if it's not already filling that role ;) Now I'm curious if the BREN will be in the pack, considering we saw photos of BI devs shooting it and recording sounds.

Now I'm curious if the BREN will be in the pack, considering we saw photos of BI devs shooting it and recording sounds.

CZ805 BREN would make sense, as it is currently being fielded in A-stan by our troops.

It would be nice to see Tatra 4x4 SOT for the Czech forces as well - it was a combat truck made on Tatra chasis, similar to British trucks with mounted MGs during WWII. Although there were just few prototypes made by SOG, they served in the Hilmand province well before SOG got dissolved (after all with hillbilly uparmour, 12.7mm DShKM, two mounted MINIMIs plus AGS-17 grenadelauncher it did deliver quite a "punch"). Dingo got quite a bashing few years back from our troops in A-stan, something about it not keeping up pace with US convoys and poor uphill performance, although that might be specific to just the version the bureaucrats ordered...

Why japanese DLC? That's like not even an army there since they are still limited by the treaty of 1945. What's the point?

Or is it trolling? I'm kinda a bit late to the parteh

They have attack helicopters, tanks, and unique vehicles that haven't been seen in a game before, plus gen 4+ jet fighters, and a rich, ancient, and distinctive (and often idiosyncratic) cultural perspective. I think it would actually make a fairly interesting DLC.

Personally i'd prefer a Czech DLC, as i'd like to see a Pandur-II ingame, however, if a Japanese inspired DLC had an F-2, then that would be pretty cool as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Evil_Brownie
Grammar...

Yeah, I hope its Czech DLC too also becouse we already have a nice JSDF mod :)

Personally i'd prefer a Czech DLC, as i'd like to see a Pandur-II ingame, however, if a Japanese inspired DLC had an F-2, then that would be pretty cool as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Any new content for Arma 2 while we are waiting for Arma 3 is pretty cool :)

Can't wait for "extended Chernarus"

intro2.jpg

I bet ACR DLC will be free and included in 1.61 patch. Or not. With those trollmasters you never can tell.

Am I the only one that thinks the glass on that truck looks superb?

I really want to know what this is! You've gotten me hyped, BIS!

I bet at BI Studios they'll just be sitting back laughing, watching the forums fill as we try to guess what it could be! :D

I gotta say though some of you guys are bloody good with your observation skills!

Come onnnnnn BI! You're driving us nuts here :madtongue:

Can't wait for "extended Chernarus"

http://ion-inc.com/img/intro2.jpg

I bet ACR DLC will be free and included in 1.61 patch. Or not. With those trollmasters you never can tell.

Where is that image from please? Did I miss some news :) ?

This could be the DLC with the summer chernarus map that was hinted at so long ago. Also as for the storyline, the end of PMC strongly suggested that china was up to no good.

Or, what if it is a JSDF campaign in post-A2 chernarus, a la when they went to post-invasion Iraq in 2004? I would be totally up for any of these.

Edited by Rumrunner
two Rs in "chernarus"

LOOO... Can't wait news for this DLC. (Think it will be ACR too...)

The only allusions to it being JSDF equipment are from all the photoshopped crap stuck on top of the actual screenshot (the logo, the equipment names) - only time we've seen it mentioned before was April Fool's day. If you ask me, it's all part of the (literal) smokescreen BIS has has generated to hide true nature of the content. To my eyes (and my prowess as a armoured vehicles geek/spotter ;)) the content of the screenshots underneath all that, tell a pretty different story.

I don't know, the camouflage that those woodland blokes are wearing sort of resemble the JGSDF's woodland camouflage scheme a wee bit.

JGSDF camoz rite hurr:

jsdf_winter_camo.jpg

Then again, there is a good chance, like you said, that it's simply an AÄŒR DLC being masqueraded off as a JGSDF DLC. Makes perfect sense now that you think about it, as BIS has done a few late April Fools' jokes in the past, if I remember correctly.

Oh, you sly devil you. :o

Edited by Laqueesha

Maybe BIS will even add some stuff for those few KSK soldiers? At least something (ATF Dingo2? LIV (SO) Serval? Mungo ESK?) so they can operate without begging their allies/friends over and over again. C'mon BIS just a few special vehicles/weapon systems for KSK..... ;)

I love BIS and all it's games but why buy this one? I got the other two DLC's but to be honest there I don't use them anywhere. If this DLC is real, why should we buy it?

If this DLC is real, why should I buy it?

Because some people would like it. :)

As ArmA3 will be released "soon", a future on ArmA2 might be prohibited...?:nerner:

I like Combined Operations for ever!!!