Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

Japanese Self-Defence Force DLC might be in the making.

Originally posted by Placebo, HERE:

New Recon Photos Acquired

We are receiving alarming yet unclear reports directly from the battlefield. Unfortunately the specific area of interest is covered by a very thick FOG OF WAR blocking our optical sensors. Unknown forces are on the move; their origin and strength are unclear.

WARNING: present recon photos are inaccurate; we’re waiting for better weather conditions to get an exact report.

1_fog_thumb.jpg2_fog_thumb.jpg3_fog_thumb.jpg

Looks like we might have a JSDF DLC coming up for ArmA 2. I did see someone with that logo in his signature, but I figured it was for the JSDF mod.

EDIT: There is a original thread for this. I had forgotten about it and missed it under my thread searching FPDR

Please merge and reopen original thread.

Edited by colossus

I don't think it is true, at the time, just less than half year ahead of ArmA3 release?

They did an 'April Fools' on this earlier in the year. So, unless it is 'fools day' in the Czech Republic then I see no reason to make up a story! They posted this on Facebook too.

It did initially say Summer 2012, so it is a plausible release period.

I did a bit of editing and here is what it revealed:

jsdf03.jpg

jsdf02.jpg

jsdf01.jpg

I think it's safe to say it's not a joke.

Edited by colossus

Yeah... strange times ahead. In the E3 2012 preview video Jay did say that they will announce something new though...

Interesting thought it was april fools and would be the last we heard of it, now im all confused :confused:

Now I think it is true, cause all the three images address are linked from BIS website, if it is a joke from 3rd party, they couldn't get the right to upload pictures to BIS website.

From colossus' edited pics I see a Pandur II (and possible TATRA trucks), L-159, Dingo 2... those are Czech forces my friends, not Japanese

Edited by da12thMonkey
Added pic links

Now I think it is true, cause all the three images address are linked from BIS website, if it is a joke from 3rd party, they couldn't get the right to upload pictures to BIS website.

Bis do the april fools jokes themselves though.

But i believe its real basically becuase its not april 1st and they mentioned something new at e3. Nice work on the photos btw colossus :)

Bis do the april fools jokes themselves though.

But i believe its real basically becuase its not april 1st and they mentioned something new at e3. Nice work on the photos btw colossus :)

Yeah,this time BIS might really bring us a story about JSDF has a confict with PLA on the disputed Diaoyudao(Fishing Island):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Senkaku-uotsuri.jpg

From colossus' edited pics I see a Pandur II (and possible TATRA trucks), L-159, Dingo 2... those are Czech forces my friends, not Japanese

I can get behind that theory. Mostly due to a picture with Czech units posted earlier on AAN-online. Also, notice the green trees on both the picture in the link and the pictures posted in this thread.

It could be ACR, it could be JSDF, or it could be both. The logo would indicate JSDF, but I guess we won't be 100% sure until it's confirmed. Most likely we'll get that confirmation at E3. Right, Bohemia Introllactive? ;)

Edited by colossus

:/

How interesting...

So confused! Ah the mind games, BIS!

What are you up to...?

Edited by Hellfire257

Perhaps it will be something with a northern Japanese island under attack from the Chinese, because they found some oil there.

Looks very interesting indeed. Looking forward to E3 even more now.

I hope they are not Japanese Zombies ;-)

So confused! Ah the mind games, BIS!

What are you up to...?

Bohemia Introllactive

I thought this was an old picture, but now doesn´t seems so...

a3devblog_gftrip_explorers.jpg

Q3/12

251930_10150996310342456_862419986_n.jpg

Source: doupe.cz

I wonder why (if its true) BIS have made the JSDF. I'm not complaining, I think it's cool looking.