Sign in to follow this  
Wurnman

Take On Helicopters II ?

Hey all, I just recently bought Take On Helicopters and I love it. Ive always loved flying games/Sims and recently decided to buy MS Flight Simulater X and now Take On Helicopters.

One thing that bothers me slightly are the graphics for the AI vehicles and ground/roads etc. It looks awful to be honest. I have noticed this with MS Flight Sim also, but thisgame being a few years old. Recently I played GTA IV and Saints Row III and both had really good graphics concerning landscapes/cars when looking down from a plane or Helicopter. Especially GTA IV had good graphics.

So far i have not seen any good graphics (ground based from the air) in any Flight simulator. Is this because the area one coveres in a flight sim is too big for any pc to handle or not much time spent designing the ground maps?

Which brings me to my final question, will there be a Take On Helicopters II in the near future that anybody is aware of?

Thx, Wurn

If you want high fidelity ground units, check out Take on Helicopters: Rearmed!

The developers released a patch for free which enables you to use content from and merge TOH with Arma 2.

It lets you use the content and

of Arma combined with the heli awesomesauce from TOH :)

I actually hope they make a Take on aircraft using the A3 engine at some point if they don't add a new flight model for jets into A3.

Although an expansion or 2 wouldn't be bad for TOH.

More suited to here methinks :)

Hey man, i'll definately look into it. Thx for the info

The developers released a patch for free which enables you to use content from and merge TOH with Arma 2.

Dan;2161119']I actually hope they make a Take on aircraft using the A3 engine at some point if they don't add a new flight model for jets into A3.

Although an expansion or 2 wouldn't be bad for TOH.

They plan to make the a3 helicopters utilize the ToH FM if that's any consolation :)

when i am not playing dayZ i play TKOH rearmed with ACE2 and robalos AI. the long view distance and TKOH improvements make this game even more amazing! i find that asia map included woith TKOH incredible - if only it had slightly better/more defined mid to close up graphics it'd be untouchable.

well until arma3 comes out which will be above them all!

Edited by twisted

I was to suggest the same thing as PurePassion... You need to have ARMA II though, but I'd recommend it... Chernarus is a beauty!

when i am not playing dayZ i play TKOH rearmed with ACE2 and robalos AI. the long view distance and TKOH improvements make this game even more amazing! i find that asia map included woith TKOH incredible - if only it had slightly better/more defined mid to close up graphics it'd be untouchable.

well until arma3 comes out which will be above them all!

Man, do you use Blakes mods for TOH?

If not you should check em out. It vastly improves the Picture in Picture stuff (control access etc)

Nothing like flying long line with a functional load cam, which is not just a triggered event... or using one of the other 360 cameras which you can directly control with the top hat on your joystick or similar. I recomment Blakes WorkShop (Pip stuff mainly), Autopilot and sling load (pip sling load cam). The trim indicator also seems good, but I cant get that one to work.

Here is a pic of me using the long line cam for the Seattle needle mission.

EDIT:

I would rather have more DLC for TOH 1, but it needs to have a interesting single player campagin.

Take on Hinds was a bit disappointing if it wasnt for the fact that its the only attack helicopter in the game.

On a larger scale I actually think Bis should expand DLC production for Arma 3, but instead of low quality stuff people should buy access to key DLC vehicles. So if you are a helicopter freak and bought all the A3 Heli fanatic DLC with TOH standard+ you could fly the helicopters from that, but you could still make a mission that had them in it and play with none DLC people which would see them in HD, but wouldnt have access to use em unless they had the DLC themselves. Except for maybe being none gunner passengers. Would be silly to have a troops transport heli no one could board :D

Edited by JojoTheSlayer