Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Weapon Resting?

I swear before the game was released, I heard of/saw in a video that there was supposed to be a weapon resting feature.

I looked through the controls and I haven't seen a button for it.

I was playing MP yesterday and I had an MG42, I was proned and the recoil was rather rediculous. I had to basically fire in 3 round bursts.

Isn't there supposed to be weapon resting (Proned, crouched near solid surfaces, etc)?

When you want to rest your weapon on a surface use left Shift and space like in the ace mod. I didn't find a way to remap the key tough. Also three round bursts seems quite normal for the mg 42.

Hello there

Apparently the weapon resting applies only to LMGs (using SHIFT+SPACE) and they can also be rested on objects, but it's never worked for me, so i just tend to go prone or fire as close to single shot as i can if kneeling.

Other weapons though, are not as wavy as in other mods/games so while i'd like to rest them al la i44 its not such an issue.

rgds

LoK

I find it almost impossible to rest it on fences and the like. I might of done it once by accident while spamming the shortcut key for it. Other than that it only seems to work guaranteed while lying prone.

Yes it's a bit tricky, it's the same system in ace, but they should have used the I44 resting system which is even better than the one used in RO1 and RO2.

I find it almost impossible to rest it on fences and the like. I might of done it once by accident while spamming the shortcut key for it. Other than that it only seems to work guaranteed while lying prone.

It works great in the trenches as well. Just wish it was a bit more restrictive (slower to turn, limited left right movement) and that you needed to use it (more recoil when not using it). Going prone now gives you what I would call realistic recoil with the bipod in real life. From a MG3 perspective tough, which have shorter casings than a MG42 so the kickback is probably more on the MG42.

Another move I only noticed since I have tested the SMK moves is that if you sprint and press the "get over" key you will do a leap over the fence instead of the scissor move.

Or you could just use a Autohotkey script to change or simply the controls.

I use the mid mouse button for it. Example:

; Deploy bipod.

$MButton::+{Space}

Usually works for me.

You press Shift + Spacebar a few times and eventually it works, doesn't always work in trenches however but it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't ^^