Sign in to follow this  
jtmedina

Very low performance near towns.

Hi,

Near almost any town the game becomes almost unplayable, reaching 20-18 frames. When there are no buildings around frame rate is between 30-45

I have tried to change graphic settings from low to high and reducing the view distance to 1000 meters with no success and frame rate in towns remains always low.

My computer specs

Quad Core 2 @2.50

4GB RAM

ATI 5770 1GB

Drivers updated

Hello there

For me, 20-18 frames is fine in Arma/IFL etc.

What screen res are you running at? perhaps knock it down a notch?

Have you tried lowering your view distance? I keep mine from 1.5km to 3km

Have you used the new FXAA thingumy? Try looking this up here, i get far better fps after tweaking these values.

Arma/IFL are beast to run on any machine, so don't hesitate to use all the Arma2 tweaks you can find on these forums and apply them to your IFL game.

rgds

LoK

Have you tried to reduce object quality to minimum ?

Yes I did, but incredibly when I am near any town the frame rate doesn't change.

I find it very disappointing. I have tried some new maps for ARMA 2 that never gave me any problem in fact getting 40 fps almost all the time. But in Iron Front the performance is unacceptable, specially my rig is a very decent one and is in within the recommended requirements.

I pay €26 at steam and I am not able to enjoy the game. I am tired always the same story and once I bought it there no refund.

Next time I'll wait for the demo.

20 frames is far from unplayable btw

errr u serious?

@jtmedina ur cpu might be the bottleneck, what is it in detail?

Quad Core 2 @2.50

4GB RAM

ATI 5770 1GB

Drivers updated

this is ur rig? thats more like lower or lowest midrange performance than a

very decent one

but even if u have better cpu and graficscard, locations with many enterable buildings and so many small details around, as in if44, the engine obviously cant handle that very well

Edited by RunForrest

jtmedina

Can you specify your pc components please ?

IF has a lot more calculation due armor penetration etc btw.

Try this

http://forum.iron-front.com/entry.php?2-WOW!-Exceeds-my

Tried that too, in fact I have been using them since Arma 2.

Believe me, I wouldn't have posted it if I hadn't tried everything.

My PC specs are in the first post.

It's not a hardware problem or due to armor penetration calculations, because it doesn't happen that way. It's simply the game is not fully optimized. It's not normal the frame rate goes so down when I am near towns and changing settings don't seem to affect performance at least not that I can see a huge difference.

To be honest, I am a bit tired of supporting developers, buying games that require higher specs than are officially said. I bought Take on helicopters to just realize I'd have to wait until I upgraded my PC because there is no way I can play it with decent fps. The problem here is not that I might not know how to configure my PC or that my computer is below the require specs, it's simply games like Iron Front, Take on Helicopters or Arma 2 are not meant for people who own mid range or average computers. And to be honest, I am tired of that.

I think we customers are unprotected and when we just buy a game like this if it doesn't run on our PCs despite is within the requirements we just have one option. Upgrade our computer.

Unfortunately I can't afford that and just buy a brand new CPU everytime.

So please make games to be playable within realistic PC requirements.

So please make games to be playable within realistic PC requirements.

+1

i dont understand why the devs build so high detailed big urban environments when its clear that this engine cant handle it unless u have a nasa rig (chernogorsk and elekrozavozk on chernarus still dont work very well FPS wise, when theres a bit AI action around)