Sign in to follow this  
laggy

[SP/COOP Iron Front] Where The Iron Crosses Grow

Public beta version - Unless bugs or real annoyances found, mission is finished.

Mission description: Wehrmacht has to defend Baranow against a major russian offensive.

Iron Front version: 1.01

Needed Addons: None.

Known bugs: None.

Thanks to: OFPEC forum.

Credits: Nominesine for serious playtesting and inspiration.

Missiontype: SP/COOP.

Players: 1 - 20+

Mission Time: Around 30 min, maybe more.

Map: Poland Baranow 1944

Mission Version: Public beta

Intro: Yes

Outro: No

Parameters: Yes (in MP - daytime and view distance option)

Time: Dawn in SP, varies in MP

Weather: Good with slight fog.

Missionwork: A mission that can be very intense. Trench warfare, playable as two infantry groups and armor. Expect enemy air, armor and infantry. Mission uses side-respawn, so you can teamswitch also in MP. Custom sounds and scripts.

Hope you enjoy it. My wish is that I've created a fun mission, and feedback is always welcomed.

Laggy

Edited by laggy

I got corrupted download, anyone else got this working?

Some people have experienced the same problem.

I have repacked, re-uploaded and tried the download several times myself.

I have no problems, so my guess is that it's your Zip/Rar program causing the issue.

I have WinRar myself, so unless you've tried it I would use that program.

Otherwise, I unfortunately don't know how to fix the issue.

I can upload just the .ifa file (no readme, jpeg or .rar packing) if the problem continues.

Edited by laggy

I got a corrupted downlaod as well.

I have winrar also and it reports it as corrupt.

Downloaded and I will try it tonight after my son stops playing Minecraft!!:)

I can upload just the .ifa file (no readme, jpeg or .rar packing) if the problem continues.

Just try compressing into .zip format and take away empty spaces in the filename, might help.

Ok,

I did a .zip instead, without spaces in the file name.

Should work now, please let me know.

Sorry about the hazzle.

This is a tough mission, my small band of defenders were overran by the wave of Red coming at us!! Planes and all!!

DivineT

I agree. A tough mission, but fun and challenging. Download works perfectly now.

This is a tough mission, my small band of defenders were overran by the wave of Red coming at us!! Planes and all!!

DivineT

That was the plan, "pure desperation" on the eastern front.

However, you will last a long time if you stick to the trenches.

Did you get the retreat order?

Any ideas for improvement?

Thanks,

Laggy

Edited by laggy

That was the plan, "pure desperation" on the eastern front.

However, you will last a long time if you stick to the trenches.

Did you get the retreat order?

Any ideas for improvement?

Thanks,

Laggy

Didn't get the retreat order as I was probably on the ground avoiding the planes attacking!! :) But, if there was a few more troops in the other trench, that would help.

Divine T

Played the SP version last evening and had a lot of fun. The frontal assault was more like a probe...a rifle section came at us on a wide frontage, followed by a small combined armour/infantry probe which was dealt with handily by the PaK's and a crewed mortar. Then it went quiet (except Buzzkov in his aircobra :) ). Waiting. Waiting. Dashed around to check on my troops, ran over to check the gun emplacements. Just as I got back to my section trench the Soviets seem to swarm out of the village to our rear and then lightly attacked again from the front. I didn't last long lol. Don't know if that was scripted (well done if it was!) or just a freak happenstance with the AI that makes this game so cool. Anyway, well done and thanks for your efforts!! :cool:

freak happenstance

Ha Ha :D

Wish I could take credit for that AI move, but no, it was all engine.

I prefer to avoid heavy scripting, especially with fighting, because the engine still surprises me quite often.

Glad you enjoyed it, and I'm working on a final version (no major changes) as we speak, just need some more feedback first.

All the best,

Laggy

Nice mission, could use more enemy troops and maybe bit of nerfing of the defenders, 2 x King Tigers is maybe too powerful in defence. In all, should be more difficult and we pulled it of with some 5-6 players. Well done "Iron Cross" theme setting. This mission could also use the old mission naming conventions.

Hello laggy,

good job!

A challenge, thats for sure and it gaves me a lot of trouble, but i did it. A little bit tricky to hold the line, but after the first wave of the attack i retrieve and it was hard for the russian tanks to cross the trenches...

I´m in luck, or i´m a good commander...:), but i could stop the agressiv part slightly and so i started a short counterstrike, to get some tanks out. In that case it was the first step to win the battle.

The russians are lightly weaked and after a great fight around the town, i could gave the russian troops the "kiss of death" :cool:

Great mission, it was fun and a tactical challenge.

Thanks and keep up your good job.

Cheers

McLupo