Sign in to follow this  
janster01

Warfare mode?

We got zombies, and flaghunts and all really the usual stuff that these shooters have...however the ONE thing that makes ARMA stands out and would be awesome...WARFARE mode..is not here.

Instead I'm lumbering around with my gun in FPS mode making this just another shooter imho.

Please, introduce warfare mode and domination aswell imho

I think there is a version of warfare already in the works by one of the community. As for Domination - Xeno has made it quite clear that this will not be ported (or be allowed to be ported) to IF.

I'm all for CTI :D, however first need to have a stable dedicated server with some performance increase.. played on a server last night on a midsized map with AI, 16 RL players and it chugged..

I'm all for CTI :D, however first need to have a stable dedicated server with some performance increase.. played on a server last night on a midsized map with AI, 16 RL players and it chugged..

There are stable dedicated servers... it's just the fact that people need to learn that their hardware can't host what they think it can.

Also the CTI mode that's out there is still an early version, might not be very well optimized.

I played on a CTI, map last weekend. It had pretty good preformance. The AI seemed to have some troble crossing the single pantoon bridged that divided the East / West territory. This seemed to disrupt the flow of the game some, tanks flipped over on the bridge, soldiers swimming across instead of marching across the bridge. Clearly it still needs some work, but regardless it was allot of fun. I hope they keep working on it! :yay:

I played on a CTI, map last weekend. It had pretty good preformance. The AI seemed to have some troble crossing the single pantoon bridged that divided the East / West territory. This seemed to disrupt the flow of the game some, tanks flipped over on the bridge, soldiers swimming across instead of marching across the bridge. Clearly it still needs some work, but regardless it was allot of fun. I hope they keep working on it! :yay:

Unfortunately more of an engine AI issue.

A workaround I've seen back in the OFP days with islands that had long bridges was to make a trigger on each side of the bridge that warped the units across. Not the most elegant solution, but hey, at least it worked...

Unfortunately more of an engine AI issue.

A workaround I've seen back in the OFP days with islands that had long bridges was to make a trigger on each side of the bridge that warped the units across. Not the most elegant solution, but hey, at least it worked...

In OFP:R and ArmA the onyl way to habe A.I. cross bridges somewhat reliable was to set them to column and safe or careless. The ponton bridges on Baranow map are realyl troublesome.

Why doesn't Xeno want Domination in this game? Doesn't make too much sense if you ask me, but I'm not Xeno.

Why doesn't Xeno want Domination in this game? Doesn't make too much sense if you ask me, but I'm not Xeno.

Yes? Why no domination? What's wrong with playing that in here? Rediculous!

Yes? Why no domination? What's wrong with playing that in here? Rediculous!

hello there,

This has been covered in some detail in this and other threads.

Simply put, atm it's not allowed to port it and Xeno currently has no plans to do so.

So, rather than discuss stuff we cannot control, why not hop over to http://forum.iron-front.com/showthread.php?81-Domination-Style-Map and help us get the thread back to creating a a domiesque style map (an open all island map) and help us move forward?

Rgds

LoK

ps it's a bit flamey at the moment so please try and be constructive :)

See what happens, when developers don't provide coherent gameplay modes/missions for public online play - game flops.

If Benny doesn't do his modification of Warfare here, it's game over.

Four words-concepts:

Berzerk. (dead)

Warfare BE.

Domination.

Evolution. (dead)

Those of you who know what I'm talking about, I tip my hat to you.

Hello there

You'll find Evo is probably one of the most played maps in IFL and several more versions are in the pipeline. CTI and other whole map combat missions are also in progress or have been released (DUST II for eg).

I think user made missions are key.

Lastly, at the moment warfare doesn't translate so in its usual form and wont be appearing any time soon. I don't believe it will be "game over" due to not seeing warfare.

Rgds

LoK

Well, you simply have to go to the official Iron Front forum and see how modders or in this case mission makers are treated there.

If you write that you don't want to see a port (early enough, as I knew it would happen, I have my reasons) there are of course always some who simply ignore it. But that was to be expected.

What then happened when I wrote that I'm quite disappointed about it was like a shit storm. But what will one do when even a BI Simulations employee doesn't care about those things.

Those people seem to forget that IF is not a BIS game and that the things that might apply to the ArmA community are not valid for IF, IF is not ArmA.

BIS has restricted modding for IF to avoid problems like this, as a mission maker you can't do the same.

I for one know that I avoid that game.

Xeno

Well, you simply have to go to the official Iron Front forum and see how modders or in this case mission makers are treated there.

(..) I for one know that I avoid that game.

Xeno

Not only modders... Just comapre D-DAY content of IF DLC to free ARMA2 Invasion44. They prepeared 1 allies plane, 1 tank and 1 map. This is biggest joke ever even for 9,99EUR! Even Russian content is very fun. We have only 2 more WW2 Ru tanks then in ARMA2. Number of German equipement as tanks is a missery too! Besides all Warfeare for Baranov map exist and working. Thanks god! If this game want to start realy earn money attracting ARMA2 funs its need patches with new wider heavy equipement. If not people will stay in much better and mostly free reality of ARMA2 mods with best ever ACE and WARMOD.

Is this thread about Warfare or domination? or are we discussing the lack of content for the 100th time again.

As for Warfare there is one currently in progress.

Just comapre D-DAY content of IF DLC to free ARMA2 Invasion44.

Think about it a bit would you, I44 has been worked on since Arma1 with their stuff ported over, so were talking a number of years of work and ports, as well as new content added.

Then IF which is developed by a former Mod team has taken so much time of theres and created content which costs them money to make,

so if theres no money the wont make it, releasing something small and getting money for it acts like a spingboard to further add content, either through patches or a DLC.

The content in IF is rather big, building maps and 4 plus the Omaha map is no easy task, it takes alot of work to produce the quality of content they have released so far.

The quality of tanks, were talking about creating models,a dn that writing configs to make them all work, this stuff is time consuming to say the least.

Unless you have modded and have an idea of what amount of time it takes to mod then you really have no idea what goes into it.

There is no comparison, both I44 and IF dev teams are where their at, and are setup differently one has more time in it then the other, this isn't a competition

on who is better, surely their will be a preference which is normal, but lets not look down on one for the other because ones has 5+ more years then the other,

and one is more polished then the other big whip, so play the one you like, and leave it at that.

with best ever ACE and WARMOD.

Thank you for the compliment for WarMod. :)

On topic here which is about Warfare, theres one in progress, theres a thread for it on IF forums.

There was a domination like map if I recall that was hosted on a server long ago. The player spawned on the german side inside a castle I think in Poland or the other one. He had vehicles right outside the castle and a place to recruit AI I forget the name of the map, (PS) Sorry to necro a dead thread.