Sign in to follow this  
therussiandong

Iron Front Liberation 1944 Addon request thread

I think that the Waffen-SS and the NKVD should get preference over everything because they played essentials roles on the Eastern Front and probably should have been included in the game from the start. ;)

I think that the Waffen-SS and the NKVD should get preference over everything because they played essentials roles on the Eastern Front and probably should have been included in the game from the start. ;)

Somebody is going to reply to you saying that they aren't allowed to put it in, but here's the thing. Put in the SS and NKVD in their historical uniforms, but change their names and remove the swastika emblem.

Call them Panzer Elite and Black Guard or something like that

Panzer III would be nice as post 2 said. and Tiger 1, yes please! And A bt-7 tank :):)

Also an earlier era of operation barbarossa were the Panzer III and the BT-7 tanks would play a big role.

Civilians,partisans and independence would be nice too.

This would be fancy as well.

A small representation of Royal Air Force or USAAF would also be nice. (a Wellington 2 engine bomber would be sufficient)

American and British bombers flew many resitance-supporting drop missions over Poland, or, if damaged in a bomb run over the Reich seeked permission to land on Soviet-controlled parts of Poland, Ukraine or in the Soviet Union itself. Many pilots did not make it. There is plenty of monuments here, comemorating the crews who crash landed here or have been shot down.

Rescuing the crew as resistance would be a nice mission, or capturing the crew as Germans, or capturing the plane wreckage / salvage operation as Soviets.

PS:

Maybe even American Airborne, I know that it is based on the Ostfront, but just for shits and giggles maybe?

Historically correct, there really was a large paratrooper force of Western Allies operating covertly on those terrains (and occupated Poland in general). "Cichociemni" (Silent/dark ones, Unseen/Silent ones).

Soldiers who evacuated from Poland after the 1939 defeat were trained in England and sent back here to train the resistance and underground fighters, perform assassinations on Nazi officials, war criminals and colaborators, securing the interests of the Polish Government in Exile and London. Most (or all) of them served in the 1st Independent Parachute Brigade under Gen. Sosabowski (same unit that took part in Market Garden; in "A bridge too far" Gene Hackman portrayed the general).

Somebody is going to reply to you saying that they aren't allowed to put it in, but here's the thing. Put in the SS and NKVD in their historical uniforms, but change their names and remove the swastika emblem.

Use of NKWD/Stavka symbolism/names isn´t banned here ;)

Technically only in Germany do they need to be changed, not in America or elsewhere in Europe, unless I am misinformed...its just Germany that the Sig rune cannot be used. Thus, we can actually use the symbols of the SS and the NKVD doesn't have the same stigma attached to it that the SS does.

Technically only in Germany do they need to be changed, not in America or elsewhere in Europe, unless I am misinformed...its just Germany that the Sig rune cannot be used. Thus, we can actually use the symbols of the SS and the NKVD doesn't have the same stigma attached to it that the SS does.

Nope the Iron front developments firm is sited In Germany as far as I am aware they can not release content which contains forbidden signs as such no matter where the game is released. This would be different if the firm would be sited in a country that doesn't forbid these signs. In that case if they want to release the game in Germany they need to release an alternative copy of the game so they will not violate the laws in that country ...

Strafgesetzbuch section 86a

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a

Kind regards

I think the members could make a Mod for that in name of amateur team.

By way, when IF would release their sample models? Obviously, BI doesn't allow to use mods and addons made based on its game.

Definately KV-1 and KV-2. They were Hammer and sickle on the eastern front. That's my opinion thou, but KV-series just are SO awesome ones. Aren't they? :P Ferdinand or Jagdpanther would be also pretty cool. But I'd love to see how KV's are crawling towards german defences :)

We need CTI buildings/assets and some sort of generic resistance fighters...

I think a mod that lets you control dogs on leashes would be cool. The dogs could smell you, see you, and hear you and if they detected someone they would bite the person and attack.

I think a mod that lets you control dogs on leashes would be cool. The dogs could smell you, see you, and hear you and if they detected someone they would bite the person and attack.

I've always wanted a dog mod that worked correctly.

This is the last game we are going to be getting those though.

Maybe ArmA 3

I mean that the modding in this game is awfully restricted.

It would be easier and better just to do it for ArmA 2 or 3.

I think it would be of benefit to have an extended objects library available in the editor, such as Mapfact released some time ago.

It was going to happen sooner or later..

If you have an idea for an addon, post it here and hopefully someone will make it.

Please do not start new threads with addon requests, instead post them here! :)

How about a finnish continuation war theme? You have the basics already, soviets just stay soviets but the Finns can use maxims, the stug and some "captured" t34-76 and 85s. Their rifles are just mosin nagants with a slightly different Front sights and SMS are suomis. They can use the German helmets and the uniforms have the same gear but different uniform cut.

Desert Afrika Korp mod would be a nice addition as well.