Sign in to follow this  
Kommiekat

Compared to MOD I44

Theater....hmm.....It's only a matter of I44 MOD developers coming up with new maps and mission makers utilizing the maps.

Not really, not a matter, understand that I44 is western front, and LIbmod, sorry IF is eastern front, Im sure you get this by now, but its not a matter of new maps,

which take alot to build, the eastern front had a different terrain then normandy, having west front soldier be it Germans and Americans and britsh

dont fit in the scene, the Germans did have the same uniforms, but had different uniforms on the front as well.

Lordjarheads sounds dont fit the period for sounds, the WW2 guns dont simply have the bang, or pop, or whatever like

the modern day sounds, the WW2 sounds are different in many ways in proportion to the modern day stuff.

No pun intended Komicat but a little look into the Ostfront would help you get a better idea of what the Ostfront era looked and sound liked versus the western front.

My WW1 & WW2 History Site has tons of documentaries on both fronts, as well as over 3000,+ pics of mostly Germans and Russian soldiers, tanks, planes, ect,.

see here: http://3rdpanzergrenadierdivision.webs.com/

This is the site I built for my realism unit when we were in RO and DH now just converted to a history media site but the Site needs to be updated.

I think "Liberation 1944" was chosen for a reason - in the future I'd expect to see some sort of Western Front DLC released. The name and year open themselves up to many possibilities beyond the limited scope of Poland in 1944.

I don't own the game yet, and most likely will but from what I understand, which may be not much....

One game made from labor of profit

One game made from labor of love

Engines are the same in both games.

Editors are the same in both games.

The good and the bad such as bugs are most likely the same.

Textures, hmm.....That's just about creativity, research and skill. I'm sure I44 MOD has pulled that off just as professionally.

Theater....hmm.....It's only a matter of I44 MOD developers coming up with new maps and mission makers utilizing the maps.

And why not throw in LordJarHeads sound addon which is completely utterly killer better than what BIS issued with the game and BAM! There ya go.

Hullo there

a few things....:)

1. love and profit? Who says that the IFL team are not also doing it out of love? Profit is a "brucey bonus" and they were working on it as a pure mod for a loooong time. Who's to say that the I44 team wouldn't mind making some pennies for their worthwhile efforts? But either of us could be right/wrong or the truth could be in between. A bit of a sweeping statement IMHO. I'd rather say something along the lines that i44 is a hobby enthusiast project whereas IFL is a commercial venture.

The engines are the same, but core differences have been made especially in the tank damage systems in IFL (or so I believe)

Bugs? Mostly the same. IFL has eliminated some issues, but bought some of their own to the table.

Textures/modelling, well, whilst I applaud the current models in i44 at the moment on the whole they just cant compete with the IFL assets. Whether this is down to time/pay/skill etc doesn't really matter. In a one to one comparison, at the moment, overall IFL wins hands down.

Theatre? new maps are only part of the equation. Equipment, vehicles troop types etc etc

JSRS? yes, yes, yes. the sounds may not be 100pc authentic, but I love em in conjunction with i44's sounds. Stock IFL sounds are a little flat. (Blastcore is also essential when im playing i44 and id love to see both these mods having an IFL version)

I can see however how some folk are looking at IFL as "just a mod" but IMHO the game really justifies the price tag and does feel standalone, even with the similarities.

Lastly, regardless of the fronts they portray, as both games are reflecting roughly the same type of combat (ww2 era) they are somewhat comparable. But we must remember the hobby vs commercial aspects and take them into account.

Rgds

LoK

1.I'd rather say something along the lines that i44 is a hobby enthusiast project whereas IFL is a commercial venture.

Yes, that's a good way of putting it.

And yes, I'm sure any modder would love to be paid for their efforts.

Most likely, I'll buy the game as soon as it gets out here in Hong Kong

Yes, that's a good way of putting it.

And yes, I'm sure any modder would love to be paid for their efforts.

LibMod+Invasion1944=Epic win

..., Fighting on the Western Front involved trench warfare, while on the Eastern Front the war was much more mobile, ... .

Well, on a broad sense...the fronts stagnated particularly at Leningrad and Rshev sectors veeery looong time (between 1-3 years), much more resembling WW1 trench warfare than anywhere else in WW2. Western front mainly saw it´s mobile moments in the period between normandy and Siegfried line campaign (august to september 1944) and off course BotB, as well as final 2 months of the war.

I like and play both i44 and IFL44. :)

You don't have Internet download in HK? You can buy direct from BIStudio and bypass the middleman.

You don't have Internet download in HK? You can buy direct from BIStudio and bypass the middleman.

Perhaps steam.

Perhaps steam.

I want to get a DVD of it. Living in Taiwan, its bloody impossible.

I got DVD from Amazon.UK.

Yeah but they dont ship to Taiwan. i can only get it from Amazon US, and they havent got it. I have to wait like everyone else.

I want to get a DVD of it. Living in Taiwan, its bloody impossible.

Why do you want to pay 60$ for it ?

Why do you want to pay 60$ for it ?

Yeah, where do they sell it for that price?