Sign in to follow this  
Kommiekat

Compared to MOD I44

So, what's the point in purchasing this game when I can download MOD I44 and get just about everything IronFront has to offer......or can I?? :j:

Because it's "more professional"??

I mean, if they come out with a Vietnam game, whats the point if I can download UNSUNG MOD...??

Invasion 44 is Normandy, 1944.

Iron Front is Eastern Europe, 1944.

Invasion 44 is Normandy, 1944.

Iron Front is Eastern Europe, 1944.

And that my friend, would be the singular reason I prefer Iron Front to Invasion 44.

The Western Front of the ETO has been done, done once more, and rehashed over and over again in more games then I can count. Barbarossa, and the subsequent battles leading up to the defeat of Germany are rarely explored in gaming, especially in a FPS/TPS tactical war-game. Give me Gotterdammerung any day of the week!

And that my friend, would be the singular reason I prefer Iron Front to Invasion 44.

The Western Front of the ETO has been done, done once more, and rehashed over and over again in more games then I can count. Barbarossa, and the subsequent battles leading up to the defeat of Germany are rarely explored in gaming, especially in a FPS/TPS tactical war-game. Give me Gotterdammerung any day of the week!

Try RO1+RO2 :)

I44 is really buggy and unoptimized in my opinion.

Iron Front looks nicer and has more to offer.

AFAIK, IF has much more bugs than I44...but i do like both of them.

Well, here are just some reasons to get Iron Front:

- Realistic tank warfare for instance (armor, penetration, sights etc.)

- Professional textures and models (i44 still has some OFP era models and poor textures)

- HUGE maps and terrains made from real locations

- Almost every house is enterable and there are plenty of large buildings and castles.

- Towable guns

- Trenches

- German voice profiles

Really, if you've played both and tested the features there is no contest. i44 is great mod for western theater but it is not at a commercial level.

What comes to RO2, It's very a nice shooter situated on Stalingrad and offers fast action where as Iron Front offers ArmA 2 style gameplay. But they can't be directly compared.

Edited by Blake

I play both.

Besides if you read any of the interviews with the Developers you will know why they concentrated on this particular theater of WWII.

Both are a tribute to those involved and should not really be compared - they are different.

I44 is really buggy and unoptimized in my opinion.

Iron Front looks nicer and has more to offer.

Well you do realise I44 is made by a bunch of modders for free, where as Iron Front is a full game. Of course there will be differences.:raisebrow:

The Western Front of the ETO has been done, done once more, and rehashed over and over again in more games then I can count.

Barbarossa, and the subsequent battles leading up to the defeat of Germany are rarely explored in gaming, especially in

a FPS/TPS tactical war-game. Give me Gotterdammerung any day of the week!

Much agreed, Ever since back in the day with Medal of Honor Allied Assault, that about all youv'e ever seen with WW2

games is the Normandy front, except for RO of course.

Normandy wasn't til 44, Barbarossa started June 1941.

Try RO1+RO2

Ya, I personally and with clans and realism units have played RO like a job since the mod days of it, and still play on and off.

But RO dont have the editor that If has or Arma series for that matter.

Well you do realise I44 is made by a bunch of modders for free, where as Iron Front is a full game

Lots of respect there for the I44 team, the IF developer are a "bunch of modders" too,

these are the guys that made the Liberation 1941-45 mod, and had the mod around the same time when I44 team had their own mod in OFP.

Back when OFP was the only thing on your computer, I44 and Lib mod, as well as the FDF (ww2)

mod were great mods by some really dedicated people in the community, who are still with us. Lib mod was the shit back then.

Only difference between I44 and Lib mod team is Lib mod team made their mod into a standalone game, as far as Im concerned their still modders,

standalone pc game or not, they still have to update their game to fix things, no different then a mod.

Lets not belittle I44 because they dont have a dvd you can put your coffee cup on.

Lets be happy for all these guys that spend almost all their spare time like myself, working on mods,

so players in the community can have a more profound and much more enjoyable experience with the game if they wish.

Were all in this together.

Heres a nice vid by a fan of Lib mod, and I44 mod together demonstrating some Equip in OFP

jsPKLJkwIWs

Edited by Gnter Severloh

LOL ... ffs! Essential difference =

One is free, made by unpaid volunteers.

The other, is none of that.

Standalone pc game or not, they still have to update their game to fix things, no different then a mod.

According to this, then how many "mods" are around the world ?

Edited by raptor90

Hello there

I love them both and would dearly love to see I44 in the IF engine.

Those who don't like the western front would simply not have to install it.

i44 has some features/improvements over IFL and vica versa.

I like the enhanced Tank combat of IFL but miss my Commonwealth troops and weapon resting from i44.

But, I will probably play i44 less as the community just isn't there in numbers as there is for IFL. But hopefully with the next i44 release numbers will jump again

Rgds

LoK

Back when OFP was the only thing on your computer, I44 and Lib mod, as well as the FDF (ww2)

mod were great mods by some really dedicated people in the community, who are still with us. Lib mod was the shit back then.

Don't forget WWIIEC or Pacific Mod '45 (there was more WWII stuff, but i can't remember)

Your question is out of context, and isn't even relevent to what i said.

as i said

Standalone pc game or not, they still have to update their game to fix things, no different then a mod.

my point was no matter the form of DLC you use, it would still need to be updated.

Thats a general statement specific to content of a pc game or a mod, how many mods has no basis in the statement, were not looking at numbers,

were looking at a general principle of the application that applies to both mods an pc games.

Don't forget WWIIEC or Pacific Mod '45 (there was more WWII stuff, but i can't remember)

Definately those mods were cool too, but weren't as big or as completed as I44, LIB, FDF, dont forget b45 too,

then there were many addons of WW2 tanks, and small WW2 Inf packs.

My point was no matter the form of DLC you use, it would still need to be updated.

Thats a general statement specific to content of a pc game or a mod, how many mods has no basis in the statement, were not looking at numbers,

were looking at a general principle of the application that applies to both mods an pc games.

What DLC`s ?

All games have patches, fixes, updates etc...

In this case are they mods ?

Don`t know how was my question out the context though.

Archosaurusrev

I/we know that already, not what were talking about.

What DLC`s ?

All games have patches, fixes, updates etc...

In this case are they mods ?

What DLC's? Downloadable content, buyable content whatever, the point I made was that whether you buy a game be it dvd,

or download it, or download a mod for a game you bought, the developer, modder still would have to patch it, upgrade, it ect,.

but then you go and say

and i said your out of context meaning that what does "how many" mods have to do with what i just said and that being the last post on the 1st page.

maybe you could explain what you meant by "how many mods are around the world" because you lost me, an as I said that statement is irrelevant,

cause were not talking about how many, I wouldn't i know how many, why would you even ask a question like that, what are you getting at by asking that.

Personally I dont really care, the point of the posted thread/topic is why should he get IF if theres already I44 mod, and as answered because IF is eastern front, and I44 is Normandy or western front, plus IF is a standalone PC game, which some and maybe alot dont know that IF of course a new name is actually Liberation mod 1941-45, except in this version being the game they are only on the period/year of 1944, which I dont know why, I mean the Ostfront started June 1941, so why is there a 3 year period missing?

The Germans still were fighting and started fighting the Russians since 41, so my real question is why is the year 1944 so important?

Because The Russians weren't in Germany, and didn't beat the Germans til 1945, so why is 44 so special?

Is there something indicated in the game, some particular battles that took place? that specify why 1944 is the main focus here?

Is there something indicated in the game, some particular battles that took place? that specify why 1944 is the main focus here?

How about Operation Bagration?

In 1944 Soviets had finally gained the initiative for good and were relatively even match on a tactical and strategic level versus the Germans. 1941 Red Army was weak and inexperienced and in 1945 Germans were virtually crushed on all fronts. Additionally, 1944 offers good range of powerful armored vehicles (King Tiger, JS2) and weapons (MG42, StGw 44). Any year during 1941-45 would be interesting, but if you'd have to pick one 1944 would probably be the best choice.

Gnat;2160410']LOL ... ffs! Essential difference =

One is free' date=' made by unpaid volunteers.

The other, is none of that.[/quote']

IF licensed the Arma II engine and presumably have a better ability to tweak, optimize and hopefully release some further creative powers on the game. Obviously this required some financial investment, so I don't fault them for wanting to make some money back. If this ends up being a sound business based on a product with elevated standards (not to take anything away from the incredible body of work done by for-the-love-of-it modders), I think everyone will benefit in the end.

Iron Front is Eastern Front.

I44 is Europe.

Why won't you guys understand?

Many non-Europeans think the Western Front was the only European theatre and the Americans took Berlin, that's why.

Edited by MissionCreep

@Blake, thanks for posting that, very good reason, fascinating battle.

Many non-Europeans think the Western Front was the only European theatre and the Americans took Berlin, that's why.

Think I have to agree with you there as I personally never seriously got into WW2 til about 2000, but even then never studied it enough to know enough,

I actually learned about the OstFront through Lib mod 1941 through OFp but further learned about it through RO - Red Orchestra, and since then have been

fascinated by it, and studied alot of it, Its my preferred front of WW2.

@OP: I pretty much thought the same when it was announced although I was familiar with how good Libmod was for OFP. All I can say is that I find this to be truly immersive (in German campaign now) and it has that 'hook' that makes me want to start it up all the time. The first time encountering tanks in the German campaign was just captivating with shock force waves hitting everything around the target and debris and object clutter actually being tossed around -the feeling of metal on metal really sucked me in.

Overall (despite bugs/ctd problems) even as the picky gamer that I am -I find this to be very worthwhile and I'd be seriously interetsed in any newer products.

@Blake, thanks for posting that, very good reason, fascinating battle.

Think I have to agree with you there as I personally never seriously got into WW2 til about 2000, but even then never studied it enough to know enough,

I actually learned about the OstFront through Lib mod 1941 through OFp but further learned about it through RO - Red Orchestra, and since then have been

fascinated by it, and studied alot of it, Its my preferred front of WW2.

Some of the fighting on the Eastern front involved set-piece collisions between massive amounts of men and material, likes of which have never been seen before and may never be seen again. For example, the Battle of Kursk alone involved command of over 2.5 million men, 8,000 tanks, 5,000 aircraft and 35,000 pieces of artillery (including mortars) between the 2 sides over about a 30 day span in 1943.

Edited by MissionCreep

Lets not belittle I44 because they dont have a dvd you can put your coffee cup on.

Lets be happy for all these guys that spend almost all their spare time like myself, working on mods,

so players in the community can have a more profound and much more enjoyable experience with the game if they wish.

Were all in this together.

Heres a nice vid by a fan of Lib mod, and I44 mod together demonstrating some Equip in OFP

here here, they brought us all enjoyment, including IF44 plain and simple ....

omg the vid, nostalgia :D

Some of the fighting on the Eastern front involved set-piece collisions between massive amounts of men and material, likes of which have never been seen before and may never be seen again. For example, the Battle of Kursk alone involved command of over 2.5 million men, 8,000 tanks, 5,000 aircraft and 35,000 pieces of artillery (including mortars) between the 2 sides over about a 30 day span in 1943.

True the Eastern front had some fearsome battles which where very Important to both the ost-front and the western front, If the Russians would not of been stubborn like they where back then the western front might turned out very different, Fighting on the Western Front involved trench warfare, while on the Eastern Front the war was much more mobile, however a work together between western fronts and eastern fronts was far from true they where different wars in the same time frame but both with a own agenda.

In the shade of Normandy

At the Tehran meeting in November 1943, Stalin promised his Western allies to support the coming Normandy invasion with all his might. That is to say, he guaranteed that there would be a formidable attack on the eastern front synchronized with Operation Overlord. The idea was, of course, to get the Germans to move troops from the "Atlantic Wall" to the East in time for the landings.

http://www.carlonordling.se/overlord.html

I like the setting of IF44 a lot however I hope when the modding explodes on this game we will also see western front stuff it will make the game more complete, I would like to see IF44 stay at course on the Eastern front let the modders do the other part :)

Edited by KBourne

I don't own the game yet, and most likely will but from what I understand, which may be not much....

One game made from labor of profit

One game made from labor of love

Engines are the same in both games.

Editors are the same in both games.

The good and the bad such as bugs are most likely the same.

Textures, hmm.....That's just about creativity, research and skill. I'm sure I44 MOD has pulled that off just as professionally.

Theater....hmm.....It's only a matter of I44 MOD developers coming up with new maps and mission makers utilizing the maps.

And why not throw in LordJarHeads sound addon which is completely utterly killer better than what BIS issued with the game and BAM! There ya go.