Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

Worth buying it? Wanna play only Multiplayer

My bad you simply implied it.

Anyhoo a quick check last night showed about 80 players across maybe 8-10 servers

That is considered "dead" in the gaming world.

If the OP is still wondering, don't buy it.

If the OP is still wondering, don't buy it.

Wait for the next patch (out soon), then you'll know.

I would have to agree there.

Wait for the next patch (out soon), then you'll know.

I wish you were right, I really do, but traditionally, no matter how good a later patch is, the game will remain dead.

Look at RO2. Game released like dog shit (comparable to this game) and even though it's really good now, it'll never gain the players back (there will be a very small community)

I wish you were right, I really do, but traditionally, no matter how good a later patch is, the game will remain dead.

Look at RO2. Game released like dog shit (comparable to this game) and even though it's really good now, it'll never gain the players back (there will be a very small community)

I really hope not, this game deserves more IMHO.

I'm afraid Gossamer is correct.

Deserves or not maybe this should have stayed an ArmA addon after all, the step up to complete game is bigger than most expect I guess.

Reading all the modules there is pure ArmA2 content looking for USMC, CDF, RU, INS and GUR factions shows the release was rushed so asking customers to be patient now for the patch is something that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

But as always, it's easier to put expectations on others than on oneself.

IFL was born dead, it could never live on the the exspectations. I was exspecting a WWII ArmA OA but what I got is half baked and only half functional. Whole factions missing (RES, CIV) Modules missing or not working at all (ALICE, ACM, SECOPS, etc)

And the best part is that they keep the patches to themself...Patch was claimed to be ready last week, changelog is released but still no patch.

MP on that ONE pvp server that is up is uncoordinated and performce is rather bad, grenades are lag instead of frag weapons and AT often simply does not work correct in MP, trenches kill you and the wheat fields give no concealment at all at distance, range setting for tank guns is off beyond 1000m and the tank damage model is more than strange.

After some days of frustration it is more than natural that most player give up and go back to ArmA.

Edited by Beagle

And the best part is that they keep the patches to themself...Patch was claimed to be ready last week, changelog is released but still no patch.

They are waiting for Steam to update before releasing it to non Steam users.

I really don't care anymore. I gave it away today.

Gotta love how Steam manages to punish us who's avoiding steam as much as possible.

No way to get away is there?

ODEN;2191462']Gotta love how Steam manages to punish us who's avoiding steam as much as possible.

No way to get away is there?

Yup, i bought it on BIStore...

hey guy's

i need some help for registration. i bought arma2 OP on steam and if i want to play online i have to register. when i clicked on register it brought me on the ArmA official page which there is no link to register. I searched everywhere on that page and it wasn't there. If there is a link please leave a thread below and its the same thing if there isn't just tell me step by step how to register.

thanks for reading

Monacard

Elite player

A lot of the pretty cool elements that make IFL unique aren't done very well either due to the limitations they have (not direct access to the engine).

Moving AT guns in multiplayer is a joke, it lags really bad and you can't free-look without it forcing you to look forward again. Then I spent like 2 minutes pushing an AT gun the other way and I warped to the edge of the map.

Towing AT guns looks foolish too in MP as they warp around behind you.

The armor system also renders functionality of the 'killed' eventHandler useless, which restricts what scripters can do.

The game was a good idea, it just wasn't executed very well at all.

Game is worth buying for the multi player how ever, the multi player is pretty much dead.

Unless you have a good set of buddies to play with the game will be no fun :/

If anyone is looking to play Iron Front add me on steam : Diego1255 or PM me, thanks