Sign in to follow this  
David Schofield

Will it be possible to port over vehicles, weapons, and soldiers from ArmA 2 into it?

I know mods are non-commissioned right now, but I assume later they will be free to make. I think it would be great to add in a few things from ArmA 2 into Iron Front, I'd say the Enfield rifle but... I'd love to see an M1A1 stacking up against a King Tiger...

Anyway, will the files from each game be compatible, or are Iron Front files strictly non-compatible with ArmA 2 files?

Obviously, official models from ArmA2 cannot be ported without BI permission, which i doubt will be gained. Theorically, even mods based on BI models cannot be ported outside either.

Damn, wrong thread (and there are only two :))

Even a T55 would kick a Tiger 2s ass.

I am also wondering about the porting abilities and some of the issues. Like are most tanks and such in A2 mods linked to BIS models and therefor cant be used...

How difficult would it, BIS rules aside, be to port and update a A2 mod tank to IF44 standards.

Lastly is it possible with the IF44 models to swap out parts and create other versions of the tanks basically on the same model? Like a lighter T34 with a smaller gun or something...

Whether or not user addons may be converted will depend on their authors and licenses. Please consult with the orginators of addons before adapting / porting / referencing / etc.

As I read it you want to port Arma 2 content to IF.

That is not allowed cause that will enable people to use A2 content without ever having bought the game.

Also BI does not allow their content to be ported to another game and although it is using the RV engine IF is still another game.