Sign in to follow this  
Fenrisulven

Just place my order (DVD)

IF is not a BIS game so I don't really know anything about it, but I love the concept of a WW2 theme using the RV- engine.

Anyone with a copy who can confirm, or deny, if it's possible to set up a warfare type of mission using the editor?

Hi Fenrisulven, sounds like you are a fan of the RV engine like I am so you should not be disappointed. The infantry and vehicles are very detailed and there are lots of unique models to represent different ranks and services. The maps are also very detailed, including most buildings being enterable. The two largest maps are 16km x 16km and 8km x 8km respectively, with another 5km x 5km map and a small map thats just 1km x 1km.

The mission editor is pretty much the same as ArmA 2's, so all the same types of missions that were made for ArmA 2 can be made for Iron Front.

Hi Fenrisulven, sounds like you are a fan of the RV engine like I am so you should not be disappointed. The infantry and vehicles are very detailed and there are lots of unique models to represent different ranks and services. The maps are also very detailed, including most buildings being enterable. The two largest maps are 16km x 16km and 8km x 8km respectively, with another 5km x 5km map and a small map thats just 1km x 1km.

The mission editor is pretty much the same as ArmA 2's, so all the same types of missions that were made for ArmA 2 can be made for Iron Front.

That is absolutely awesome news, thanks for the info! It will be perfect while waiting for A3 :)

The only advice I can give you is there are a few bugs around, particularly with the campaign, at the moment. A new patch is set to be released very very soon hopefully followed by more in the future to squish bugs just like BIS did with ArmA 2.

As long as you stick to scripting, IF behaves axctly like ArmA2. Unfortunately you can't make your own addons (yet), but apart from that the game is basically ArmA2 revamped into WWII.

As long as you stick to scripting, IF behaves axctly like ArmA2. Unfortunately you can't make your own addons (yet), but apart from that the game is basically ArmA2 revamped into WWII.

Music to my ears :fones: Thx you guys made my day!

Music to my ears :fones: Thx you guys made my day!

No problems. There has been alot of negative buzz going around about Iron Front but almost all of it is associated with the campaign being buggy. That and the fact we are still waiting for official finished dedicated server packages. Other than that there is plenty of new things to play around with and enjoy in the editor.