Sign in to follow this  
nominesine

SP/MP Mission: Song of Mud

th_mudsong.png

Download: OFPEC Mission Depot

Song of the Mud is a simple and straightforward mission for Iron Front and takes place in Ukraine in the summer of 1944. The setup is very simple: a small skirmish between russian and german forces. Both sides have firesupport from light armor/medium tanks. If you play the mission in Single player mode, you will be an AT-soldier on the russian side.

The mission may also be played as a multiplayer game - Coop or Deathmatch, depending on your mood. There are 18 playable infantry slots. The difficulty is aimed at beginners or causual gamers. If you are an experienced player: Switch of your crosshair, disable third person view and join the battle.

Bear in mind that I released the mission for testing purposes. The mission is only tested on a LAN-server. Any feedback is welcome.

Edited by nominesine

I tested this mission in SP. It's well done and I enjoyed it.

Only thing is that it's short (8 minutes to complete and I almost killed them all myself) and unfortunatly the AI doesn't fight back as it should (I miss my AI mods).

Btw, I've been told there's an advanced AI module in editor, did you include it ?

Overall, it's good so keep up the good work !

Yes, the advanced AI module is included. It alters the AI behaviour somewhat, but I can't really say that they become smarter. I think the mission plays best as a quick deatchmatch with human players participating on both sides. The SP mode was only included to introduce beginners to IF game play. I would say an average match lasts between 5 to 15 minutes.