Sign in to follow this  
Aliusexalio

Need some help with the editor, trying to set respawn for mp.

Read up on some of the arma2 information and they refer to making an .ext file and dropping that into your "mission folder", however I have no specific folder for the mission I made and simply dropping it into the mpmissions or single player mission folder doesnt seem to work...

Would really appreciate some help on the matter... Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Ive made a description.ext file containing the following:

respawn = "SIDE";

respawnDelay = 15;

respawnDialog = false;

as per instructions on http://sandbox.darrenbrant.com/arma_ii/how-to-setup-respawn-in-an-arma2-mission

and dropped that file in the missionfolder in my documents, but it still doesnt work!?

The correct path is Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\name\missions\missionname

Note that description.ext changes apply only after saving or loading the mission and that respawn never works in single player, so you have to be playing an MP game to see whether your mission works correctly.

The correct path is Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\name\missions\missionname

Note that description.ext changes apply only after saving or loading the mission and that respawn never works in single player, so you have to be playing an MP game to see whether your mission works correctly.

Thanks for the reply, however (and I might be misunderstanding you) this is for Iron Front, so wouldn't the path look different? I've found the mission I made under my documents\iron front\missions\specific mission folder.

Ive tested the mission in multiplayer and it didn't work, however I am not sure I saved the mission again with the description.ext file in the mission folder, so that is something that I will test when I get home from work.

Will revert here, thanks for helping!

Sorry, didn't read the area this was posted in. :)

The solution stays the same though. If you want to respawn as a different soldier on your side, you can only respawn as a soldier that's set as playable in the editor. You have to export the mission to MP when you want to test the most recent version in multiplayer, and if you want to change it after testing, you have to restart the game so that the mission.ifa can be overwritten.

Edited by Celery

Sorry, didn't read the area this was posted in. :)

The solution stays the same though. If you want to respawn as a different soldier on your side, you can only respawn as a soldier that's set as playable in the editor. You have to export the mission to MP when you want to test the most recent version in multiplayer, and if you want to change it after testing, you have to restart the game so that the mission.ifa can be overwritten.

Great, once I get home ill do exactly that. Ill report back here so other people with the same issue can be helped. Thanks alot allready!

You have to export the mission to MP when you want to test the most recent version in multiplayer

You can save as usermission without having to export the mission to play it or to play your latest edit, exit the mpeditor, and then pick your mission and play.

Its no different then the sp editor you just need to exit the editor to play where as the sp editor you just need to hit preview.

For a base respawn be sure you put a marker down with the faction your using, so say your using opfor in the game assuming thats

what the German faction would be, and the Russians would be Blufor, for the Germans if Opfor then name the marker respawn_east,

if blufor then respawn_west.

in the description.ext, just put 2 codes:

respawn = base;

respawndelay = 3;

3 being 3 seconds til you respawn

You can use the same Revive Script from arma 2 and change the name in "revive_sqf"/"mobile"/"deploy_camo_man.sqf" ( _tent = "Land_tent_east"; ) and you gonna have respawn and you can revive your friend, i have try in my mp map everything work perfectly.

you can do the same thing for the Backpack "gc_spare_backpack" in action_manager.sqf, i use this.

gc_spare_backpack = "RusBag_sap" createVehicleLocal (getmarkerpos "gc_spare_backpack_storage_marker");

work good! :)

None of your instructions above are working for Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Who's instructions are you referring too, and what have you done?

Welcome to BIS forums btw :)

Okay, I see my problem. I logged into CMD DOS and it's showing the description.ext file as description.ext.txt

Let me correct that and see if it fixes.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Okay, I see my problem. I logged into CMD DOS and it's showing the description.ext file as description.ext.txt

Let me correct that and see if it fixes.

Yep, that's what it was. It's working now.

Thanks for the info you've provided in this thread.

Ok. really makes no difference, codes in the description.ext will spawn what you have accordingly based

on how the game is setup for the factions.

In this case to respawn a German soldier for a base respawn then place a marker and name it respawn_west.

Assuming are the Russians Opfor then correct? and then what other factions are there besides these 2 if any?

Yea the soviets are east, and there are 2 other factions, but there are no units populating them at the moment.