Sign in to follow this  
xezon

ArmaScript not working with Notepad++

Hi. I installed Notepad++ and Arma Script from here: http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=596

but there is no syntax highlighting for SQF or EXT or SQM or anything else. Opening HTML shows syntax highlighting.

What is wrong with the tool? Is there any good working tool for notepad++ you can recommend?

Currently I use ArmA Edit and that tool is ok but not cool on the long run.

I can't attach an image of my current installation because this forum allows no attachments.

I think this belongs more in the "ARMA 2 & OA : Community Made Utilities" section.

I recommend using the SQF Editor plugin for JDK, it has syntax highlighting, multiple file opening, project organization and much more.

SQF is basically an Arma Specific code so sadly Notepad ++ doesn't have syntax highlighting for it. But if you are writing in .hpp it does. And it is very helpful.

SQF is basically an Arma Specific code so sadly Notepad ++ doesn't have syntax highlighting for it. But if you are writing in .hpp it does. And it is very helpful.

Yes it's true. But that Arma script tool promised to add SQF support but it did not.

Notepad++ is a useful tool for programming in text files, but sadly it didn't have support for SQF. This addon for notepad++ solves this by adding a lexer for SQF and adds support for folding.

but there is no syntax highlighting for SQF or EXT or SQM or anything else. Opening HTML shows syntax highlighting.

- Settings > Style configurator

- under "language" select javascript

- under "User ext.:" add "sqf"

you won't get word completion with this, but main programming keywords are highlighted, which is good enough to me.

There is a plugin for an older version of notepad ++ that did work, I have it but cannot remember where I got it from (does word completion too)

That would be handy. JDK is a bit too overkill I think.

Do you remember the name of your tool?

The plugin does not work with the newer versions of Notepad++. You need version 5.7. Using an older version is well worth it :)

The plugin does not work with the newer versions of Notepad++. You need version 5.7. Using an older version is well worth it :)

Thanks I will check this out. Those guys at OFPEC could have mentioned that in the release or the author himself in his package :S

I use the newest versions of Notepad++ with this:

Notepad++ syntax highlight

I place this file in C:\Documents and Settings\yourNameHere\Application Data\Notepad++

Works just fine...

Thanks, but I tried that already and it looks ass :D

Have you tried using Squint, instead of NotePad++?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105860-Squint-the-sqf-editor-and-error-checker&highlight=squint

Does all the highlighting you're after, plus syntax checks code as you key.

Looked promising with the syntax check features but the text editor in the program is very bad. And the concept of establishing a connection to a server each launch is horrible.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34263.msg243174#msg243174 ;) Right at the bottom.

Glad I could help. :)

Yep thanks. Works fine now with older notepad++.