- Dynamic replayability

- Playtested on dedicated servers.

Requires:

- ACE + ACEX

- Aliabad

- Tier One Operators

- ACRE optional

LIMA mission package:

Inspired by the fantastic Aliabad terrain and Tier One Operator models made by McNools, I set out to create a collection of missions to utilize these. The missions follow a fictional unit designated SFOD-LIMA, on their mission to capture the former CIA catspaw Waheed Hisham Kader, and his stockpile cache of five FIM-92 Stinger MANPADS (Man Portable Air Defense System).

Each mission features an extensive briefing file, dynamic elements for replayability, and a connected storyline. The mission package takes advantage of the most realistic features of ACE, and ACRE is supported as an optional extra. Extra thanks to scripts by militantsausage, krause, beta, and the mighty Kronzky.

Version 1.5 adds a new twelve player scenario, Grandfather Wolf, in which SFOD-LIMA move in to snatch Waheed Hisham Kader, codenamed CHEROKEE. The Basics map has been expanded with a few small test scenarios to familiarize new players to the game mechanics. For the convenience of groups organizing scheduled events .txt versions of all briefing files has been provided.

Team vs Team: Five new team vs team scenarios pits small squad sized elements in a harsh, tactical, and wholly dynamic environment. Ambient civilians, traffic, and heavily randomized starting locations combined with asymmetric mission objectives make these missions highly replayable. The old Dynamic, Take and Secure from Sentrystudios Infiltration is making a comeback and can provide endlessly variable gameplay.

Enjoy.

Contains 9 missions:

Basics, a warmup shooting range to explore weapons and tactics.

Air Magick, A six man team investigate an IED site.

Mystic Whisper, a six man team raids an enemy HQ and silences Mortars

Grandfather Wolf, an undercover team of operators move in to snatch CHEROKEE

Cache Brawl, Dynamic cache hunt with 4v4 teams. Dynamic time of day + civilians

Cache Assault, Dynamic cache hunt with 6v6 teams.

Forlorn Hope, a four man team is surrounded by a larger eight man squad.

Snipers Dance, a sniper-spotter team defend two caches vs ten enemies.

Dynamic Take and Secure, Ultra dynamic, recreation of the old infiltration favorite.

Credits:

- Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead by Bohemia Interactive

- Aliabad and Tier One Operators by McNools

- Acemod by aceteam

- ACRE by Jaynus and Nouber nou

- UPS by Kronzky

- Tactical Weapon Attachment Template by Militantsausage

- AI Hear Radio by Krause and Beta

Acknowledgements:

- My testers: Calv, Clockwork, Aizen, , Rikkos, and Daftmedic.

- Armaholic.com for hosting tons of wonderful missions.

- Sixupdater for redefining how we play the game.

Misc Pictures:

op3thumb.th.jpg

op2thumb.th.jpg

op1thumb.th.jpg

> DOWNLOAD @ARMAHOLIC

Regards,

Ken Mikkelsen

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

lambstakistan3.jpg

Placeholder

Edited by NkEnNy

Sounds good, will test it soon, as i just downloaded Aliabad. Will be a nice occasion to explore that map a bit.

Does indeed sound good. Is there any possibility for a version that doesn't require ACE?

Does indeed sound good. Is there any possibility for a version that doesn't require ACE?

Nkenny! Glad to see more of your work! If you will make an ACE free version you will make a large part of the community very happy...

Just played Mystic Whisper loved every minute, thank you for allowing ALL the vehicles to be usable, definitely adds to the realistic Tier 1 style of play. I enjoyed taking the mortars first and then capturing an APC. Satchels came in handy for the breaching walls and taking out the AA. Felt like 3 of those Medal Of Honor missions packed into one, all we need are corny dialogue.

Just out of curiosity I wasn't able to trigger the ending what was the condition set to for capturing the HQ? I eliminated all hostile forces, and pretty much burned the place to the ground.

Hi there,

glad you are enjoying the missions. There is another instalment under way. A non-ACE version is unfortunately not very high on the list, but not impossible. I want to complete the scenario, with the capture of Cherokee, before I explore that option.

A gracious thank you to Armaholic for hosting.

@Yanchan

:) did you search for and pick up the intel? Look for map folders, radios, laptop computers, and other intel sources. Pick them up via your action menu.

-k

Pretty sure this is my first actual post here on the BI forums, been a lurker for some time though, which is largely how I got to where I am with editing now.

Looks pretty cool Ken, I'll have to give this a whirl soon-- I'm currently wrapping up work on a SP mission that also happens to take place in Aliabad and use McNools' Tier One Operators, there's a thread on the Armaholic forums. I think that particular pack of units is one of the best around for modeling Advanced Force Operations in Afghanistan-like locales. Based on the screenshots, this looks a LOT like the mission I'm working on, but I'm sure the gameplay and objectives are different. I was working for a short time on a scenario in Takistan based on Tier One's involvement in Op. Anaconda (as depicted by Medal of Honor from 2011), even built the ATVs with M107/ammo bags attached to the body you ride around on in that one mission from MoH...never did anything more with it tho. Anyway, not to hijack this thread, I look forward to checking this out and hope you'll check my Aliabad/Tier One mission out when it is released.

Version 1.5 Update

Third instalment is under way. Indeed, it is just waiting for a final playtest before being releasing alongside updates of the previous two missions. There is more. Five small round-based team vs team scenarios are part of the package. Designed for 4 to 12 players, with 12-20 minute playtimes, and a wide variety of locations being used. These explore both asymmetric and symmetric gameplay.

@Non-ace users

Once the third mission pack has been released, I'll start looking at adding a non-ace version. I'd like a quick poll as to what kind of release you would prefer.

TIER ONE UNITS required. yes or no?

CBA requirement. yes or no?

@h34dup

Sounds great man, get them released and I would be happy to check them out. I absolutely agree. Aliabad offers great visuals and very compelling gameplay potential.

-k

@Non-ace users

Once the third mission pack has been released, I'll start looking at adding a non-ace version. I'd like a quick poll as to what kind of release you would prefer.

TIER ONE UNITS required. yes or no?

CBA requirement. yes or no?

I think the best way to go would be a tier1+CBA version and another pure vanilla version. :)

opbar.jpg

Version 1.5: Grandfather Wolf

Changelog

V1.5

* Added Grandfather Wolf, a 12 player scenario

* Briefings as .txt format for each of the SP/COOP scenarios added for reference

* Added five Team vs Team scenarios

* Various Fixes

> DOWNLOAD @ARMAHOLIC

It is my happy pleasure to announce the release of the Aliabad Mission Package version 1.5. This release sees the addition of Grandfather Wolf, a daring scenario where the full twelve man LIMA detachment swoops in to snatch CHEROKEE. All of the previous missions have seen some key tweaks and updates. The warmup scenario, basics, has been expanded with four new small scenarios to familiarize players with the game mechanics introduced in this mission package. For the convenience of session organizers each briefing has been presented as a TXT file as well as in game.

Notably there are five new team vs team scenarios added. These explore section sized elements in a variety of scenarios in a wholly dynamic environment. Most of the scenarios have asymmetric components and bear strong inspiration from old Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 styled objective based games. Dynamic variables include location, time of day, civilian presence, and the very location of objectives. Respawn is disabled and equipment is limited. With ten to 20 minute timelimit on each scenario, I suggest playing them in a 'best of three' type fashion. Fiendishness is encouraged. Amongst the Team vs team missions is Dynamic, Take, and Secure from the venerable old Infiltration Mod, by Sentrystudios.

Grandfather Wolf is perfectly SP compatible, but the Team vs Team scenarios are unfortunately not. Enjoy.

- Ken Mikkelsen

Grandfather Wolf

> DOWNLOAD @ARMAHOLIC

SITUATION

Coalition forces are still involved in Counter Insurgency operations, COIN ops, in the war torn nation of Takistan. A former CIA catspaw, codenamed CHEROKEE, has aligned himself with the civil insurgents. In his possession is a stockpiled cache of five FIM-92 Stinger MANPADS (Man Portable Air Defense System). While these are approaching the end of their shelf life, the recent return of civilian air traffic has Washington worried.

A detachment of Special Forces, designated LIMA, has been inserted to locate CHEROKEE and reclaim the the Stinger cache. Following an unusually elaborate IED, Improvised Explosive Device, attack in the nations capital Zargabad; the trail of CHEROKEE, a known bomb expert, has been traced to the Aliabad region.

Our operations in Aliabad are coming to a close. The analysis of intel collected in previous raids has placed CHEROKEE somewhere in Wolak, the regions largest village. HQ has been unable to pinpoint his exact position, but they have successfully narrowed it down to a few compounds. With large parts of coalition forces occupied in heartland Takistan, it has fallen to SFOD-LIMA to go in to capture CHEROKEE.

> MISSION

Capture CHEROKEE alive. Failing that, search his body and whereabouts for relevant intel. Exfil to the Extraction Zone for helicopter pickup. Under the cover of their disguises the undercover taem may move in undetected by the enemy forces and attempt to locate which compound CHEROKEE is hiding in. Getting spotted uninvited any of the marked compounds, or discharing your weapons will break the disguise.

1. Bring CHEROKEE to the EZ

X. Should that fail. Bring any documents of intelligence value to the EZ.

> ENEMY

Initial recon of Wolak has revealed that a large number of armed insurgents. Expect a platoon sized element, some 40 men, to patrol and guard the village. Fortified .50 cal heavy machine guns protect the western and eastern approach. The insurgents are equipped by a smattering of uniforms, small arms of Soviet origin, and can be recognized by their preference for black shemag headgear. Additionally a squad sized remnant of the 'Islamic Guard’, stormtroopers of the previous Takistiani regime, have set up a tent camp. It is HQs belief that they are negotiating a trade for the FIM-92 Stinger MANPADS missile cache. Members of the Islamic guard are highly motivated, fiercely trained, and equipped with the best weapons available to the now defunct Takistan government.

HQ reminds us that the mission is to capture CHEROKEE, avoid getting caught in a protracted firefight.

> TERRAIN and WEATHER

Dominating the terrain of Northern Alibad are deep valleys and high mountains. Wolak itself is at the bottom of one such valley, and the northern approach offers great overview of the village. North of Wolak is the coastline. Vegetation is sparse, but rocks are plentiful. The weather is cloudy, but no rain is expected.

> TROOPS AVAILABLE

The full twelve man detachment has come together. They are organized in two squads, one undercover unit, the other configured for assault. The undercover team carries appropriate firearms and have appropriated two local technical trucks. The assault unit packs heavy firepower and gain mobility via quad bikes (ATV, All terrain vehicles). There are no other coalition military assets in Aliabad. Given the close proximity to civilians in Wolak, HQ has disallowed the use of air assets.

The undercover troops will be able to move in amongst the locals undetected. Should they openly fire their weapons, or move uninvited into any of the marked compounds an alarm will be sounded. Be fiendish.

> TIME

It is close to dawn. Our only time consideration is that CHEROKEE is liable to attempt escape if directly threatened. This must not happen.

> CIVILIAN CONSIDERATIONS

Wolak is the largest village in the region, and thusly the most heavily populated. The allegiance to CHEROKEE and the insurgents is mixed, heavily coloured by the strong hand tactics employed by the insurgents. That CHEROKEE was able to remain hidden here for such a long time gives ample evidence to the power he projects in the region.

+ FACTFILE: CHEROKEE

Waheed Hisham Kader is one of ours. A catspaw for the CIA (Central Intelligence agency) recruited and trained, in US sponsored terrorists camps, in the late 90s. His codename was CHEROKEE and purpose was to facilitate an internal insurgency opposing the now overthrown islamic regime of Takistan. It is Ironic that Waheed has become a key player within the modern Takistani insurgency.

CHEROKEE is believed to be hiding amongst one of his relatives somewhere in the Aliabad region. INTEL has yet to map his exact position within the insurgency hierarchy, but his technical aptitude combined with willingness to teach would make him a valuable asset. A string of recent IED attacks of unusual complexity and aptitude affirm this analysis.

His CIA handler describe Waheed as a keen and intelligent student with a certain cynical religious underpinning. He, the CIA agent, particularly recalls his tremendous technical competency and innate proficiency. Waheed Hisham Kader suffers from an incurable lung disease which has left him with a bad cough.

+Attachment: ASSAULT TEAM

A full twelve man team has come together. While the undercover team is limited to local weapons, the assault team has no such restrictions. The Northern approach offers excellent overview of Wolak, unfortunately the insurgents know this as well. The missions success may hinge on the close coordination of both teams.

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

Download link now activated. Courtesy of Armaholic.com :)

-k

I'm glad to announce that Comrades in Arms now runs also Aliabad and the Tier One units. Therefore, we will host this pack on the server as part of our Friday Night Special sessions! Thanks Nkenny and whoever wants to play this mission pack feel free to join!

Great missions! Love you work and nice taste using the Aliabad region!

We have just completed Grandfather Wolf last night and I must say - this is a masterpiece! The immersion in this mission for the undercover team is at its peak!

I got a question I hoped Nkenny could answer:

Although we killed all guards within Cherokee's immediate vicinity, he opened fire on us. We were forced to take him out and suffice only with the intel we found on his body.

All the guards within the compound we found him were definitely dead. Do we have to kill any others in order to capture him?

We would love to play this mission again, if only to let the guys who had played the assault team to feel the rush of being undercover! :D