Hello everyone, I am new to this and wanted to set up a server on gameservers.com. Are their any tutorials out their for that or can someone offer their assistance. I have nrver set up a server before. I am also a noob when it comes to computers. If someone could like come on TS and give a class and walk me through the proccess I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by airborneguy

Hi airborneguy

Welcome to BIS forums.

Do you have a game server with Gameserver.com currently or are looking to get one with them?

As I'd suggest better gameserver hosts then them.

What game are you looking to setup?

Just a thought, and am throwing it out there, if you got an NFO gameserver

http://www.nfoservers.com

I could show you how to set it up.

NFO and other gamservers tbh are better then gameservers.

My buddy and I tried a gameserver from gameservers.com for Arma back in the day, and it was a headache,

we also had one with them for 2 server for RO and DH, but now currently have NFO for Arma2CO which is very easy to get onto, upload a missions, files ect,.

but theres a few things in general you will need to know, and work on.

you'll need:

-start up parameter to launch the game

-server profile

-Server Basic Config file -(basic.cfg)

-Server Config File -(server.cfg)

-an FTP to upload files, mods, missions ect,. too

its not simple, but its not hard either, i can provide a working example if you decide to get one.

Also is your server going to be public or private?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Beta server of what, I mean you have a host with a gameserver, and what game Arma2, or Arma2OA?

I just know about game server setup, not how to setup a dedicated, i do have references if you guys need them.

Hi airborneguy

Welcome to BIS forums.

Do you have a game server with Gameserver.com currently or are looking to get one with them?

As I'd suggest better gameserver hosts then them.

What game are you looking to setup?

Just a thought, and am throwing it out there, if you got an NFO gameserver

http://www.nfoservers.com

I could show you how to set it up.

NFO and other gamservers tbh are better then gameservers.

My buddy and I tried a gameserver from gameservers.com for Arma back in the day, and it was a headache,

we also had one with them for 2 server for RO and DH, but now currently have NFO for Arma2CO which is very easy to get onto, upload a missions, files ect,.

but theres a few things in general you will need to know, and work on.

you'll need:

-server profile

its not simple, but its not hard either, i can provide a working example if you decide to get one.

Also is your server going to be public or private?

Thanks for replying, its going to be a public server to play a vanilla version of Arma 2 OA. I just started a new unit and we would like to have it live by saturday. Wow, I looked at the prices and it seems very affordable. Thanks for posting this. I am very stupid when it comes to this and have never setup a server before. Would a game server limit how many people can join the game? Also I am not sure what you are talking about when you say this...

-server profile

This is the first time I have ever had to set up a server because I am really fed up with my current unit. If you could help me out it you would be a great help. How does NFO run with a full 40 person room?

Hi again airborneguy,

Would a game server limit how many people can join the game?

yes it would, when you buy/order a gameserver, you choose how many slots you want on the server,

the number of slots equal to the number of player that will be allowed to join your server at one time.

So basically for example a 40 slot server, your server can allow only 40 players.

Also I am not sure what you are talking about when you say this...

-server profile

theses are the configuration files that would already be setup by your host, so for example,

if you ordered a game server from NFO servers, on the FTP of the server you would find these files in certain locations.

These files you would have to edit and setup, they are basically files that configure your server for what you wish to do on it,

so like if you wanted to lock your server with a password then you would need to have a small line of code with a word of your choice setup for that to work.

but to break it down:

-start up parameter is a code you use to load certain files like mods or basically the version of the game you are playing, it just tells the server what game and files to launch.

-server profile this is where you have the name and title of your server, among other things.

-Server Basic Config file -(basic.cfg)this is for server's connectivity, and for performance tuning.

-Server Config File -(server.cfg)This is a configuration file used to configure various game server settings such as the difficulty, voting, and welcome messages, and other stuff.

-FTP is like a hosting site for all the files for the server, and the files would be the game files, mission files, any mod files, and all the cfgs,

you will need access to this which the NFO or other game erver hosts provide a link too wehn you order.

This is the first time I have ever had to set up a server

Np we all got to start somewhere if you want a server, My buddy and I had quite a few gameservers in the day, we currently have 2 servers.

If you could help me out it you would be a great help.

Absolutely I can hook up with you on a voice chat program (I use ventrilo as it comes with our server) and walk you through how to set the cfgs up and so forth,

probably cant do it today though as Im trying to get a patch out for a mod I released this morning, so i'll get back to you.

But if you order from NFO, up to you of course I highly recommend them, then i can def help you setting up their type of server,

as i am admin of the servers my buddy and currently use.

How does NFO run with a full 40 person room?

Performance wise i have no idea, we have a 4 slot server and our server is private, but it should run ok,

once you setup your basic config you can adjust the ratios accordingly.

airborneguy has this figured out now, He hooked up with me on my ventrilo, and has a NFO server,

walked him through the setup of the following:

Control panel

FTP

profiles

Basic.cfg

server.cfg

log files

Rpt files

All good to go.

• Like 1

Thank you.

I had talked him out of gameservers.com as my buddy and I had a couple of servers with them, and they were a headache to work with.

With NFO servers which we currently have, the control panel is easy to use, and ftp is easy to access, and get around, very simple.

All the configs are easy to get to, and adjust.

I think i may create a nice tutorial for those interested in setting up their own gameserver with NFO,

or just need a good example of how to setup their

own gameserver with whomever host they have got.

NFO isn't the only gameserver host company out there, in general the components to a gameserver are

pretty much the same for the Arma games.

For those interested and need a good idea on how to setup a gameserver, I will use my NFO Gameserver as an example,

for servers through other hosts the startup parameters, FTP, folders, and cfg's as well as other files should be roughly the same:

======================================================

GameServer Setup Tutorial

The following is a tutorial on how to setup your Gameserver so you can play online in Multiplayer with some friends, or your clan, squad, or unit.

#1. Gameserver

Info on what a gameserver is can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_server

Once you Order a Gameserver

Once you order a gameserver, you should acquire an e-mail from the gameserver host whom you had rented the server from.

the e-mail should have a link to a control panel of the server, and another link to the server's Ftp which usually at least for

my server you can access through the panel.

#2. Control Panel

For your reference and an example I will use my control panel to from NFO to give you guys a

visual example of where to go and what to do, here is a pic of my control panel:

http://image81.webshots.com/81/6/26/86/2573626860100938045slltwZ_fs.jpg

On the control panel the only things you need to be concerned about are the following:

-The Server control

this is where you will stop, start, restart the server, and setup and or change the startup parameter.

-The Startup parameter

http://image81.webshots.com/81/0/66/47/2161066470100938045ACHBFt_fs.jpg

The startup parameter, is the parameter that tells the server what to launch, so you can launch or start the game with or without mods, and other files.

Arma2CO - Arma2 Combined Operations Startup parameter code

arma2;expansion;ca

this is the basic code to launch vanilla Arma2CO or Arma2 Combined operations, for Arma2 only it should be:

arma2;ca

-mod=

As seen on my control panel the -mod= is indicated and the code is added after seen below:

-mod=arma2;expansion;ca

Running mods

To run a mod just add the mod accordingly:

-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@mymod

with CBA which is usually required for most mods:

-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

Now that you have the startup parameter setup we will need to locate and setup the server's cfg's (Configuration Files).

Server FTP

the FTP is the part of the server where you can setup/change/adjust configuration files, upload missions, mod

and access/view any logs generated by the server.

The picture below is the page from my NFO server control panel, this page is called the file manager

http://image81.webshots.com/81/3/7/53/2229307530100938045HrfImp_fs.jpg

For NFO you would right click that link and choose from the list of how to open the ftp,

but in general you should have a link in the email sent to you by the game server host to access the FTP.

For Firefox Browser users, i would suggest getting the FireFTP addon-->http://fireftp.mozdev.org/

When you access the fireftp (for firefox) right click the link and in the drop down menu click on "open link in Fireftp"

This is what the fireftp looks like once opened see pic below:

http://image86.webshots.com/86/3/64/89/2156364890100938045ftGXjP_fs.jpg

Left is your computer files

Right is the gameserver files

Gameserver Files

The following Gameserver files are the files you need to be concerned about, they are:

-keys

this folder is where you add any keys for mods

-mpmissions

this folder is where you upload your mpmission pbo files too yes only pbo files

-cfg

this folder is where you adjust/change your configuration files, and review any log files for the server

the rest of the files you do not need to worry about or touch.

CFG folder

The pic below shows the files in the cfg:

http://image87.webshots.com/187/7/96/11/2049796110100938045mJpoba_fs.jpg

users folder and profiles cfg

in this folder, open the folder /cfg/Users/server til you run into this script file: server.ArmA2OAProfile

server.ArmA2OAProfile

Setting up your server profile.

the server profile has to do with the difficulty settings of the server, see here for further details and example on how to set it up

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

class Difficulties
{
class [b]Recruit[/b]
{
	class Flags
	{
		3rdPersonView=1;
		armor=1;
		autoAim=0;
		autoGuideAT=1;
		autoSpot=1;
		cameraShake=0;
		clockIndicator=1;
		deathMessages=1;
		enemyTag=0;
		friendlyTag=1;
		hud=1;
		hudGroupInfo=1;
		hudPerm=1;
		hudWp=1;
		hudWpPerm=1;
		map=1;
		netStats=1;
		tracers=1;
		ultraAI=0;
		unlimitedSaves=1;
		vonID=1;
		weaponCursor=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	precisionFriendly=1;
	skillEnemy=0.55000001;
	precisionEnemy=0.10000001;
};
class [b]Regular[/b]
{
	class Flags
	{
		3rdPersonView=1;
		armor=1;
		autoAim=0;
		autoGuideAT=1;
		autoSpot=0;
		cameraShake=1;
		clockIndicator=1;
		deathMessages=0;
		enemyTag=0;
		friendlyTag=1;
		hud=1;
		hudGroupInfo=1;
		hudPerm=1;
		hudWp=1;
		hudWpPerm=1;
		map=1;
		netStats=1;
		tracers=1;
		ultraAI=0;
		unlimitedSaves=1;
		vonId=1;
		weaponCursor=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=0.5;
	precisionFriendly=0.5;
	skillEnemy=0.5;
	precisionEnemy=0.1;
};
class [b]Veteran[/b]
{
	class Flags
	{
		3rdPersonView=1;
		armor=0;
		autoAim=0;
		autoGuideAT=0;
		autoSpot=0;
		cameraShake=1;
		clockIndicator=0;
		deathMessages=1;
		enemyTag=0;
		friendlyTag=1;
		hud=1;
		hudGroupInfo=0;
		hudPerm=0;
		hudWp=1;
		hudWpPerm=0;
		map=1;
		netStats=1;
		tracers=0;
		ultraAI=0;
		unlimitedSaves=0;
		vonId=0;
		weaponCursor=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=0.5;
	precisionFriendly=0.5;
	skillEnemy=0.5;
	precisionEnemy=0.1;
};
class [b]Mercenary[/b]
{
	class Flags
	{
		3rdPersonView=0;
		armor=0;
		autoAim=0;
		autoGuideAT=0;
		autoSpot=0;
		cameraShake=1;
		clockIndicator=0;
		deathMessages=0;
		enemyTag=0;
		friendlyTag=0;
		hud=0;
		hudGroupInfo=0;
		hudPerm=0;
		hudWp=0;
		hudWpPerm=0;
		map=0;
		netStats=0;
		tracers=0;
		ultraAI=0;
		unlimitedSaves=0;
		vonID=0;
		weaponCursor=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	precisionFriendly=1;
	skillEnemy=1;
	precisionEnemy=1;
};
};
shadingQuality=7;
shadowQuality=3;
singleVoice=0;
maxSamplesPlayed=32;
activeKeys[]=
{
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty1",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty2",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty3",
"BIS_MorningDew",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty4",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty5",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty6",
"BIS_SOM_INFO_HINT_1",
"BIS_SOM_INFO_HINT_2",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty7",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty8",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty9",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty10",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty11",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty12",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty13",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty14",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty15",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty16",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty17",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty18",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty19",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty20",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty21",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty22",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty23",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty24",
"BIS_IAmBeingNaughty25"
};
sceneComplexity=300000;
viewDistance=2500;
terrainGrid=10;
volumeCD=6.5;
volumeFX=8.5;
volumeSpeech=5.5;
volumeVoN=6.5;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

Back to the gameserver folders

CFG folder

the following files below are what we are concerned with:

-basic.cfg - (this file is mainly for performance and tuning of the server see here for further details)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/basic.cfg

leave this file alone unless you have issue with performance or lag on your server

-server.cfg - (The server.cfg is where you will setup a few of the following for your server):further detail of the

server.cfg http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

I will bold and explain what you need for the basics

[b]//[/b] Password for private servers. Uncomment this if you wish to run a private server
password = "car";<---[b]If you ordered a public server then leave this code alone, for private server remove the // lines[/b]

/*
* Password to protect admin access
* type: #login mypassword [b]<--when ingame if you wish to access the server control then type this code into the chat [i]#login mypassword[/i] then hit enter[/b]
* in ingame client chatbox to login as admin
* type: #missions
* in ingame client chatbox to display the mission list
*/
passwordAdmin = "mypassword"; [b]<---create a password and put it in replace of mypassword, the password will be for when you login as admin to your server while ingame[/b]

// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
hostname="my gamesserver"; [b]<--in between the quotes put the name /title of what you want you want your server to be called, this name will be seen on the server list in multiplayer[/b]

/*
* Message of the day. It can be several lines, separated by comma
* empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
*/
motd[]=
{
"Welcome to the my Combined Ops Server", [b]<--to have a message showup when you enter the server type one between the quotes[/b]

};

// Time interval (in seconds) between each message of the day [b]<---self explanatory[/b]
[b]motdInterval=1000; [/b]

/*
* 25% or more players need to vote for mission to become effective
* set to 1.5 to turn off missions voting
*/
[b]voteThreshold=1.5;[/b]

/*
* Maximum amount of server slots
* server will always display 64 slots if maxPlayers is >64 and server is empty
*/
[b]maxPlayers=4;[/b]

/*
* Gamespy reporting url for public server list inclusion
* use 127.0.0.1 for LAN server
*/
//reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

/*
* If specified player connects/disconnects and player id are written to file.
* log file is persistent and appends data on server restart.
*/
logfile="server_console.log";

/*
* Specifies the mission rotation and related difficulty settings.
* leave blank i.e   class Missions {};
* to enable player's selection from mission list & difficulty settings
* (voted on if no admin logged in)
*/

class Missions
{};

// If class missions is blank start voting when 1 players connect.
voteMissionPlayers=1; [b]<---this is is for when a player connects to the server it will take only 1 player to start the voting process for a mission[/b]

// Do not allow players with duplicate ids to connect
kickduplicate=1; [b]<--leave this as is[/b]

// If set to 1 players must use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server. [b]<--important[/b]
equalModRequired=0; 

// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
disableVoN=0;

/*
* Quality from 1 to 10
* refer to:
* http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Multiplayer#VOIP_support
* for codec info. 7 is the best.
*/
vonCodecQuality=7;

/*
* Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file.
* possible values are:
* none (default), short & full
*/
timeStampFormat=full;

/*
* Enables persistent battlefield
* dependent on the mission specifying persistence, otherwise has no effect.
* missions must contain either instant respawn or base respawn options located in the missions description.ext file
*/
persistent=0; [b]<--use this only if you want to have your server run the same mission continuously until you restart the server 0 means no,  set to 1 to enable[/b]

/*
* Enables signature verification for addons
* this will prevent pbo hacks by only allowing pbos that pass servers public key checks
*/
verifySignatures=0; [b]<--use this for public servers 0 means no, 1 means yes set to 1[/b]

// Signature timeout fix
regularcheck="{}";

// See ArmA Biki for additional signature commands

battleye = 0; [b]<--add this code if you do not have it 0 means no, 1 means yes set to 1 to enable[/b]

// EOF

-RPT

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files

The Rpt is generated log file, it is generated once you or another player is on the server in a mission.

Any errors, or problems with the server like crashes, server not loading, freezes, will be seen listed somewhere in this log file.

Installing & Setting up mods

To put a mod on your server, you will need to create a directory.

A directory is a folder.

-so for a mod use the standard mod format title -->@mod

-once created then create another folder inside the folder you made and label it addons

-once that is setup, then on the left of the ftp should be your computer's files, choose the mod you want to install,

and then go to the addons folder, and then transfer the files from the left to the right using the middle arrow buttons on the ftp, from addons and to addons.

===================================

This concludes this tutorial, i hope this is easy enough to understand and help you get setup with your server,

any questions or things i may have missed then please let me know in a reply, i will try to clarify/fix anything needed.

If you need assistance for a gameserver setup, i will be happy to help, just send me a pm and i will get back to you.

• Like 1

Gunter your tutorials are the best! Moreover, they are recent so I can be confident that you know what you are talking about and your info takes account of recent updates to the Armaverse (namely the ArmA2CO.exe).

Couple questions: that arise from reading your tutorial above:

1. If all I want to do is setup my own "dedicated server" to be able to effectively play the Benny Warfare Edition singleplayer and have it work properly (evidently problems with units not respawning is somehow solved by playing the game via a dedicated server) do I have to pay for server space or something?? I can launch the

arma2oaserver.exe

and get the window entitled

ArmA2 OA Console version 1.59 : port 2302 - Socket

With the following text

10:31:12 Dedicated host created.

10:31:18 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.115)

10:31:18 Host identity created.

But to be honest I don't really know what this means? Is my machine now acting as a server? I noticed when I ran this .exe a while ago that some guy "connected to my server" briefly, but then logged out. Evidently this creates a server that is then listed in some master list of servers somewhere and other players can select it and log in??

I think a lot of you guys have been playing this stuff for so long, and are so incredibly expert at it, that you don't remember that some of these most BASIC details are inscrutable to us beginners. I certainly have an idea what a server is in general: a machine that serves clients, and typically refers to a machine that is dedicated to be a host for a particular function, whether via LAN or internet connection to other machines. But the term "server" has myriad meanings and uses in Information Technology, and it is not entirely clear how the term is being used in the context of ArmA2 OA "dedicated server."

Okay, so I don't know what the hell I have running with this ArmA2 OA Console version thing that is visible on my desktop . . . which is actually a little bit nervewracking because I had to say "Okay let it run" via my security software . . .

My next very, VERY basic question addresses (and I have read the BIS wikis) is this:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Server_Commands#HowTo

HowTo

You can access the command line by pressing the chat key (default: /).

When I select the aforementioned Console, and press the / key nothing happens.

So i only have access to modfolders on our server and the modparams.par file that allows me to start and edit the addons being launched on server.

class Arg
{
    mod="-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy.....
};

That's how i start the addons. I already asked in skype channel but i can't get it working

I already tried this:

class Arg
{
    beta="-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;
    mod="-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy.....
};

But then, server doesn't start..Any help appreciated..

@Anthropoid The tutorial on the previous page is for a gameserver one that you rent from a host.

As for a dedicated server I dont know exactly how to set that up, but I do have references:

See this tutorial on how to set it up:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

Other then a dedicated server you can host missions yourself by going to mp and then ht new on the server

list and then choose your mission and your good to go.

Hi Fruity_Rudy,

Your server may not be starting as you have quotes after -mod= and your running -mod= twice, see bolded--> mod="-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy.....

remove those and run like this -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy.....

Hi there, @Gunter Severloh

This was a Great help! But i have a big problem

I installed the @RealLifeRPG mod through th FTP, Then i added my mission into MPmissions folder, then when i restarted the server it wouldnt show up for myself and several others. We couldnt find it on Remote nor Filtering it. I think i did the Command line correct? here is what it is : -server -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -ip=94.23.157.13 -port=2312 -profiles=default -name=default -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -config=default\server.cfg -netlog vsj10 -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@RealLifeRPG

Is that what im supposed to do?

thanks

Henry

Try this:

[color=#333333]-server -nosplash -cpuCount=2 -port=2312 -profiles=default -name=default -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -config=default\server.cfg -netlog vsj10 -mod=@RealLifeRPG
[/color]

You only need -ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx if the machine has more than 1 ip address. There is no mod named 'arma2', 'ca' is the A2 content, 'expansion' is Operation Arrowhead content. Unless you are running a beta server, you don't need to add the path to expansion or ca.

Make sure you have a folder named '@RealLifeRPG' in your A2 root directory. As well as a folder named 'Default', with the default profile file, server.cfg, and Arma2.cfg files all in there.

Finally, your '-cfg=default\Arma2.cfg' likely will have the exact same settings as the default arma2.cfg thats in the root A2 directory.

This was also a 2 year old thread, and then you posted a new thread...

Visceral_Syn

Edited by VisceralSyn

Hey. I have a server from a serverhosting company, my friend works at, for my disposal. Now i want to Use it as ARMA II CO game server. That company has no experience with game servers at all except some Minecraft server or something like that, so i have to do everithing myself, and iam an simple user so i have no effing clue.

SO:

1. I dont have CD cause all my games are bought on steam (tutorial on wiki says you need CD) SO can i run a server with steam version?

2. I gues ill probably have to buy a new copy on steam, so i would probably have to create a new steam account for that server?

3. DO i have to instal Steam on that server?

4. DO i Instal the mods same way as i nstal them on my computer? mods: CBA_CO, ACE, ACEx, ACEx_USnavy, ACEx_RU, Blastcore, JSRS, JSRS_ACE, JSRS_ACR, ShacTac mods, TFAR_CO, etc.

5. How i instal and set UP BattleEye on server?

6. How do i instal setup and run some R-CON thingy?

7. What the hell is headless client?

I had server before,but that was rented server from company that does Arma servers so they did all the things, now when i have to do it all myself, iam lost.

I read some articles and tutorials on how to set up arma server and the more i read the more confused and more frustrated iam. Does anyone who writes the tutorials ever consider that humans will read it?

what about some introduction on start of the tutorial that explains the strange technosorcerrous words used in the tutorial?

Edited by Mirek

Mirek, does your problem still actual?

Well i asked the frien who works in that web hosting company if he has any idea, he told me that he have not, because he dont do game servers, and then few days later, the server is installed up and running. I have no idea how. He is the tipe of guy who hates explaining things to people.

On one side the server is running so what i needed is done. On the other side i still have no idea, how to do it.

OK, I try to help based on my experience of running dedicated server on my computer.

1. I dont have CD cause all my games are bought on steam (tutorial on wiki says you need CD) SO can i run a server with steam version?

2. I gues ill probably have to buy a new copy on steam, so i would probably have to create a new steam account for that server?

3. DO i have to instal Steam on that server?

4. DO i Instal the mods same way as i nstal them on my computer? mods: CBA_CO, ACE, ACEx, ACEx_USnavy, ACEx_RU, Blastcore, JSRS, JSRS_ACE, JSRS_ACR, ShacTac mods, TFAR_CO, etc.

5. How i instal and set UP BattleEye on server?

6. How do i instal setup and run some R-CON thingy?

7. What the hell is headless client?

1 You can use Steam version of dedicated server.

2 I think you don't.

3 I think so, because you need to install game. But to start dedicated server doesn't need to run Steam.

4 I think so.

5 Simply start game and BE will be installed.

6 https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BattlEye#RCon

7 HC is client which is used to offload AI calculations from server to another computer.

For example, you can do that server will be used both for objects spawning and AI calculations. In this case 50% of server's resources will be used for objects spawning and 50% for AI calculations. Using HC allows you to offload AI calculations from server. In this case 100% of server's resources will be used only for objects spawning and 100% of HC's resources will be used for AI calculations. As a result AI will be more "smart". See docs: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Headless_Client.

So i dont have to buy new game to run it on server? But will i then be able to simultaneously run the game on the server, and play it on my computer?

Yes, you don't need to buy new game license - you'll be able to play on computer that is running server. I did so.

You need new license if you want to start server, game and HC on same computer.

I dont mean on the same computer. I mean two separate computers, one is running the server, and on the other one i Play the game. Is that possible? and will i be able to connect to the server if game on my computer has same CDkey as game on the server?

I dont mean on the same computer. I mean two separate computers, one is running the server, and on the other one i Play the game. Is that possible? and will i be able to connect to the server if game on my computer has same CDkey as game on the server?

I think so. Simply start server without running Steam.