well I read it The only place Germany is stated is in the Address of the software company, That is Koch Media. what address is base in Germany. Now we can say the software company is German, knowing that I say this game is cover under german law.

It has nothing to do with modding it where the game company making team is The Koch Media Team. So any one who not have the document knows. Also it state it may give certain individuals Epilepsy, That mean no Epilepsy fliter, That crash your game

Some thing when I live in Germany. Toy Airfix boxs had those marks blacken out' It a big thing in germany. I know kiss poster was Banned too.

sorry

noRailgunner you beat me to it. lol

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

As I post before there no CBA for loading Mods. Till there is one out we may have to wait for modding.

I don't know where the disconnect is, or why you can't understand it, but I will explain it one last time, because I'm charitable with my time > : (

The problem with modding and banned symbols is that the devs have seemingly said that they must approve all user mods to guarantee certain levels of quality. In order to enforce this, they have created a system that locks out mods that haven't been packed with their tools. So, users must work with the dev team to make mods. The dev team have stated that they will not approve mods that contain cheats, that are based on someone esle's work, or have banned symbolism.

They can not approve banned symbolism it seems because of their publisher and German law. User made / packed / published mods are the user's liability. Content approved by the developing company is the developing company's liability.

So, you can see, if you wanted to make a ta-152 with all of its historical markings, including swastika on its tail, the dev team would reject it. They would reject it because they can't approve anything that's against German law. If they reject it, your mod is not a mod.

Therefore, mods with swastikas, cheats, stolen artwork, or anything else, is officially limited by the development filter that is the developer's approval.

I hope you can see how this discussion is relevent now. If you can't, I don't care. Leave the moderating to the moderators, kthnx.

As I post before there no CBA for loading Mods. Till there is one out we may have to wait for modding.

You do not CBA to load mods. CBA is pretty much a tool set for mod/mission/script making. It isn't required in order to make/load mods, but it is useful.

Thank you about CBA, I was looking at as most mod need CBA to work. realy have not look in to it till now. Yes I like ACE mod and Icp_anims to load with Iron front, I be happy with that.

IFL forum Talk about modding why how come so on. I have play 8 hour of the game very good stuff, I say not wow, but good, yes they did lot good hard work. It has a lot of stuff put in it.

I happy I got it if not for any but supporting modding, lot modder do need support more then thank it free, Donate to them, small or big, In that way see more mods and happy modder.

where I am from it call Jai Dee (good haert).

Did have many problem with crashes think It has to do with IR tracking, Some other with same problem.

If the game had some support from the team on patching it from the problem it got will be great.

I play Dayz mod very fun. there no modding there either, the team patch problem very fast, 2 patch in 1 day. Most say wow me as some of the stuff rocket did with just stuff In arma 2. On line play smooth.

with IF the play not so smooth.

In a nut shell If Like ww2 arma, want to mod. I44 mod is open for modding there is no problem with Law and contract. I44 is base on BIs Arma2, I think that team would be happy with any help or with following the rules for modding here make sub mod base on I44 arma 2.

To get down to it Iron front not a BIS game or mod. So the support of modding is not there. If any thing yell at X1 software, what a small company, Has very few games, make it a unwanted child for modding.

I'm starting the think the same about KBourne...

You should read my posts better then, if you are smart then you might see a little deeper trough the context of the posts I made :) It is not because I understand the reasoning of the IF development that I am happy about it, I would like to see mods too and the restrictions they had to make might slow down or even minimize modding in this game but there is nothing that we can change about that.

It is unlikely that they can make any compromises about the law, neater about the Agreement they have with Bohemia interactive unless they can find an alternative for it, but as they only licensed the use of the engine for their game this might never happen. There are maybe other solutions we don't know about at this very moment but for now we can do 2 things, or we stay in a shitty mood and blame everyone that understands what is being said. Or, we start to reason by our selves and get used to the situation. But don't start to accuse me of being paid nor being a spokesperson for the Iron Front development because I have an open understanding mind towards it ...

I hope it might enlighten you a bit :)

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

The online servers are a virtual ghost town barely 2 weeks after release.

Loosening the rules might be a good idea.

So, some people wrote that it might be possible to make texture mods (additional textures for existing models) without needing keys? Is that possible? And if yes, how exactly? Additional textures for the existing vehicles could be a first step to a few released mods for now.

So, some people wrote that it might be possible to make texture mods (additional textures for existing models) without needing keys? Is that possible? And if yes, how exactly? Additional textures for the existing vehicles could be a first step to a few released mods for now.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture

^^ that´ll work for all units/vehicles that have hiddenselections (see IF configs if unclear).

Works from within a mission aswell as from config (speak addons).

Downside using with missions is the huge filesize you´ll eventually reach by having x'ammount of 2048x2048 textures coming with the mission itself.

In my view Iron Front would have been better of as a DLC/addon to Arrowhead.

I'd assume it was built as standalone game due to the publisher/funding entity.

Hindsight is easier than foresight.

BI sets the rules and it is understandable that and the way they did.

The unfortunate thing is the IF team not having understood it until very late.

But that's life. People do faults. You are better accept that.

On the positive side the options BI granted them seem very favorable and

interesting to the modding community in my view.

Development might be doable more easy with unpacked data. Still have to look into that.

That may even work for SP addons. For official content the world isn't as simple as

hobby modder where you can do almost everything and no one cares.

In the commercial world people do care and it can be become very expensive quickly.

The low MP pop is certainly due to other issues. Lets hope they can get it resolved ASAP.

(Edit: The MP pop doesn't seem low to me after checking last night. A lot more PvP than Arma has.)

Sad but to be expected to see so much hate. Iron Front will certainly kill some people's dreams

about going commercial, everything being easy and getting rich..

At least it isn't you to learn it the hard way. Gaming business is no fun from what I can tell.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

I was considering getting this because of the massive support ArmA II had with mods, but are you guys serious in that mod support is currently not allowed? Why? There's a lot of basic stuff that can easily enhance the experience beyond the vanilla stuff in these games..

I was considering getting this because of the massive support ArmA II had with mods, but are you guys serious in that mod support is currently not allowed? Why? There's a lot of basic stuff that can easily enhance the experience beyond the vanilla stuff in these games..

Read the thread. They are not 'not allowed'. There are restrictions.

Restrictions that include having to work with the devs after getting their approval for anything..

Foffy just stick with ArmA 2 bro, and Invasion 1944. And wait for ArmA 3, theres supposed to be sick mod support including some kind of mod launcher/manager.

I would say register the company name in the Uk, no biggie to have swastikas over here

You could also then add SS and civilians so we can make a realistic simulation :-) and be rid of politically correct reasons for being anal

I would say register the company name in the Uk, no biggie to have swastikas over here

You could also then add SS and civilians so we can make a realistic simulation :-) and be rid of politically correct reasons for being anal

swaticas on nazis! that would be an outrage. i demand you put rainbows on the sleeves. and remove the weapons. ignoring history makes it go away didnt ya know that?

In my view Iron Front would have been better of as a DLC/addon to Arrowhead.

I'd assume it was built as standalone game due to the publisher/funding entity.

Hindsight is easier than foresight.

BI sets the rules and it is understandable that and the way they did.

The unfortunate thing is the IF team not having understood it until very late.

But that's life. People do faults. You are better accept that.

On the positive side the options BI granted them seem very favorable and

interesting to the modding community in my view.

Development might be doable more easy with unpacked data. Still have to look into that.

That may even work for SP addons. For official content the world isn't as simple as

hobby modder where you can do almost everything and no one cares.

In the commercial world people do care and it can be become very expensive quickly.

The low MP pop is certainly due to other issues. Lets hope they can get it resolved ASAP.

(Edit: The MP pop doesn't seem low to me after checking last night. A lot more PvP than Arma has.)

Sad but to be expected to see so much hate. Iron Front will certainly kill some people's dreams

about going commercial, everything being easy and getting rich..

At least it isn't you to learn it the hard way. Gaming business is no fun from what I can tell.

Agreed, especially the first paragraph, if IFL had been a DLC at the same price or more it would have benefited greatly from the existing support. But, time travel not being probable we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.

Rgds

LoK

They don't have to, if addon and mod makers want to make purple tanks with Swastikas painted on the sides theres no legal reason to prevent them doing so

they just can't be released as official mods through X1Software and Deep Silvers sites.

I'm not asking Deep Silver and the developers to break German laws because i want authentic symbols, I'm just not into them forcing people who aren't living under those laws to have to do so.

The Project Reality team was up front from the beginning about additonal assets being made for that, the rules, the process of getting them into PR..etc.

some people bitched and told them to get lost but at the end of the day they didn't pay money for it under the impression that it would be open and free in regards to adding additional content.

Edited by jblackrupert

I don't know where the disconnect is, or why you can't understand it, but I will explain it one last time, because I'm charitable with my time > : (

The problem with modding and banned symbols is that the devs have seemingly said that they must approve all user mods to guarantee certain levels of quality. In order to enforce this, they have created a system that locks out mods that haven't been packed with their tools. So, users must work with the dev team to make mods. The dev team have stated that they will not approve mods that contain cheats, that are based on someone esle's work, or have banned symbolism.

They can not approve banned symbolism it seems because of their publisher and German law. User made / packed / published mods are the user's liability. Content approved by the developing company is the developing company's liability.

So, you can see, if you wanted to make a ta-152 with all of its historical markings, including swastika on its tail, the dev team would reject it. They would reject it because they can't approve anything that's against German law. If they reject it, your mod is not a mod.

Therefore, mods with swastikas, cheats, stolen artwork, or anything else, is officially limited by the development filter that is the developer's approval.

I hope you can see how this discussion is relevent now. If you can't, I don't care. Leave the moderating to the moderators, kthnx.

Are you kidding me?

First of all: The IF devs are not responsible for third party addons that include swastikas or stolen material! There are mods that include swastikas for Arma2, Arma1 and OFP and i havent heard those devs having a problem with that.

Second: Cheating in multiplayer? give me break. Theres already a system that servers can have where each .pbo file is checked before the player can join.

Third: A certain level of quality? Again i must ask why on earth would the IF devs care of someone makes a shitty mod for their game?!?!? If the mod sucks NO ONE WILL USE IT.

I personally suspect that the IF devs just want to keep absolute control over this game. They dont want third party modders to make them look bad by fixing and improving their bug ridden game.

Are you kidding me?

First of all: The IF devs are not responsible for third party addons that include swastikas or stolen material!

You might be miss informed here, First off all: They have an agreement with bis which makes it so that they need to check the addon content before it is released to make sure that the addon it selves is legit. You can call it an excuse to have control over their game but as it is a part of the agreement they have, they will need to check up the content first. This brings me to the second part of it all: where they need to sign the addons, this part is in particular important for them! As it passes trough them before it is released they will fall under the law of Germany and as their liability is at stake here they can not allow to release any content with forbidden signs.

So yes they are responsible for what is released because when it is released it will be released trough an official patch ...

There are mods that include swastikas for Arma2, Arma1 and OFP and i havent heard those devs having a problem with that.

Third I think you are comparig Apples and oranges here, Bis is not checking up on the content which is released by the community, they don't need to because it is their engine. As part of this reason they will not have a direct liability problem, also they are not sited in Germany so they don't need to obay to the german law directly, the situation is very much different then it is with Iron Front development.

This means the addon maker Is responsible for what is released ...

I personally suspect that the IF devs just want to keep absolute control over this game. They dont want third party modders to make them look bad by fixing and improving their bug ridden game.

Oh common is this the only thing you can suspect? Really :rolleyes:

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

Official cheats or addons to break the game would be fun, right? Please take a bit of time to think before you write stuff Assayks.

It takes me approx 5 minutes to add swastikas and pink bears to most vehicles in the game and I don't even have to make an addon for that, as we learned on the last page about being able to switch textures via script. Granted, you'll have to add them to every mission and it probably will blow up the filesize, but it is not impossible and produces exactly the same situation. So this whole talk is totally non-productive to anything.

To "quality of released mods": This reminds me a lot of The Fall from x years ago. The developers didn't released good modding tools, because (as they said) they wanted to have only skilled people to get over this and therefore increase the quality of released mods. What happened? Till now, there are like 3 or 4 mods ever created, the game is forgotten and has no existing community.

Just to get some air out of these arguments.

It takes me approx 5 minutes to add swastikas and pink bears to most vehicles in the game and I don't even have to make an addon for that, as we learned on the last page about being able to switch textures via script. Granted, you'll have to add them to every mission and it probably will blow up the filesize, but it is not impossible and produces exactly the same situation.

Partly True, the textures are only a part of the addon it selves, but the textures of an addon don't come trough mission design is it? :rolleyes: my bad ....

Just to get some air out of these arguments.

lol, try harder :)

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne

So you can basically mod to your hearts content, BUT, due to circumstances beyond our control you have to send your stuff to the devs who can say yes or no along with having to check the content of the mods match with certain national laws they have to deal with as well. Interesting complication.

So you can basically mod to your hearts content, BUT, due to circumstances beyond our control you have to send your stuff to the devs who can say yes or no along with having to check the content of the mods match with certain national laws they have to deal with as well. Interesting complication.

This is part of the reason why they needed to limit the freedom we are used to yes. but still they give some opportunities along with Bohemia interactive to be able to mod as long if the addon maker commits to those laws and agreements Iron front development is bounded upon ... I only hope they will find a work around in using the tool suits like bis, maybe releasing their own set of tools for the community, and if possible a solution for testing those addons more freely, this would also be more then welcome ...

part of that it is only a question of sending your addon content to IF development, let them check it and sign it and patch it as a game upgrade release to the public, at least thats the general id of it :)

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

Partly True, the textures are only a part of the addon it selves, but the textures of an addon don't come trough mission design is it? :rolleyes: my bad ....

Maybe it's because english isn't my main language, but I am not sure what you are talking about.

Also I see no difference in creating a swastika-nazi-jew-extermination truck for a mission or... for a mission. The only difference with pure texture exchange is, that you need to deliver the textures with every mission + that you have a little bit more of script work to do (writing a additional line into the vehicle init). In any case, I could as well create a normal vehicle / dude mod, send it to the devs, let it get approved, then use special textures for it in my own missions, etc. etc. blah blah. Doesn't matter how you rotate it, if people want nazi stuff in their missions, there is nothing that prevents from that.

lol, try harder :)

Not really trying, to be honest. I just find this argument extremely silly, as is this talk about it. It just annoys me when people try to defend the limited modding capabilities with "they need to prevent swastika and ss-runes!" because this would be a fight which the devs simply cannot win. /Edit: Well, except if they remove the ability to exchange textures. But then they would limit the modding capabilities even more.

You can pack textures into missions if you want, as long as the units support the setObjectTexture command. That's a way around it.

This is a German company operating under German laws, so you cant really expect anything else other than Vor Sprung Dorch Anal.

You can't really argue with that so why bother !

Who won the WW2, looks like the Germans did really. :yay: