So what? So, develop it in ArmA 2 like they suggest and / or talk to the IF people and see if you can get the keys to do some testing.

CPBO/Eliteness/other dePBO programs aren't BITools

soooo...

You know that those tools are not associated with Bohemia Interactive in any way and no approval or warranty, implied use, nor permission has been given by them? And it probably will never happen either, It is only tolerated by them to a curtain degree and as long you don't get any permission from bis the same rule as the Bis tools suit may be applied on it ...

I don't think Iron Front Development actually gave anyone the permission to use those user made tools on their game nor the developers of those tools. You might want to ask first before you do so, before we just assume again that we can ...

Just you know that you need to be aware of this ...

Edited by KBourne
Gramma ...

I don't think Iron Front Development actually gave anyone the permission to use those user made tools on their game nor the developers of those tools. You might want to ask first before you do so, before we just assume again that we can ...

They don't have the authority to tell me what user made tools I cannot use.

Well, it's true, but I guess they can accept or deny your addons based on whatever criteria.

They don't have the authority to tell me what user made tools I cannot use.

hmmm, coming to think of it you might be right on the using part but let me rephrase it a little bit more to this:

If aether the Development of Iron Front or Bohemia interactive would say that they will not approve the use of curtain user made tools for modding as it might brake or even threaten stability and playability of the game, single player wise or MP wise then I think they have the right to do so.

Modding is free entertainment which is not exactly a feature enclosed in the licenses of the game in a whole so they are in fact not bound to offer you assistance for it. But they do give you it, Bohemia interactive has more flexibility and Iron front a little lesser which not means that they don't allow it but they are certainly not bound to offer you anything to be able to mod.

The only thing I want to say is: Be happy with what you get, when you get it which is an extra e.g. a bonus and act accordingly towards it, don't be picky and say thank you.

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne

The only thing is want to say is be happy with what you get, when you get it which is an extra e.g. a bonus and act accordingly towards it, don't be picky and say thank you.

Say thank you for being able to mod for free, to attract new buyers with new free content, to give one's free time and dedication to their game ?

Say thank you for being able to mod for free, to attract new buyers with new free content, to give one's free time and dedication to their game ?

Euhm Yes,

If you get a new Car or for example a model kit for a P51 which you will put together also for free, do you say thank you or F... You? To be honest get real, Do people actually get education around here or WHAT because I am starting to wonder? Saying thank you for something you get for free is the least you can do,...

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne
gramma

Euhm Yes,

If you get a new Car or for example a model kid for a P51 which you will put together also for free, do you say thank you or F... You? To be honest get real, Do people actually get education around here or WHAT?

Saying thank you for something free is the least you can do ...

Kind regards

I perfectly understand IF team position towards modding, regarding their agreement with BIS. But involve yourself in modding and you'll understand that it's the modders who are giving something for free, my bad.

There are some very valid points raised in here ,

BUT i find it very sad that people seem to have a lack of understanding of the press release and respect for the team that made this game , its not BIS its a small team of what was modders and others who decided to make there own vision ,they asked BIS for Engine rights and made it a reality.

People have not even read the statement , you wouldnt think for a moment they have said , HI you can make mods but for now please use Arma2 /oa to test them and if we think they are viable , we hope we can not only allow them in our Game but also may even allow you tom earn some cash for your hobby.

Absolutely pathetic attitude ,I bought the game so i own the game and how it will be developed and played by all because i like it my way :( .

never seen such arrogance really in these forums for quite sometime ( well since Project reality / DAYZ mod was public lol).

But involve yourself in modding and you'll understand that it's the modders who are giving something for free, my bad.

You do understand that without the support of the developer modding will be a death end? You would not release one tiny thing if it wasn't for them! I need to reckon Bohemia Interactive did spoiled the community as such :S which makes the community assume they can take it for granted on a other game development .....

my bad, at a certain point it has no use to debate I guess :) ...

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne

Modding is hard enough as it is. Making modders (new and old) jump through even more hoops is very off-putting. If I am 100% honest, I wouldn't have bought IF if I had known what I know now. It is disappointing. I, as a customer am disappointed with the product I was sold. Question that if you will, but you will not be able to persuade me otherwise. I do however acknowledge that it is my fault for buying a product that I didn't know everything about. With hindsight, I will not be pulling the same mistake twice.

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense - BI doesn't want IF44 to become a separate, standalone World War II-specific platform with the same capabilities of Arma2, which would siphon off a large portion of the existing Arma2 modding community.

Disappointed about the news - I'm viewing IF44 as just an expensive DLC rather than a new game..

Edited by majoris

Hey Stagler

Good to hear this, good job. We plan an announcement about this situation, and about how the modding will work in IF at the weekend. There you will get answer for all of your question, and after it we will open the addon making forum sections. Please after this announcement send me a message again about what you think with this system and in the future plans.

Best wishes, Mlacix.

Since their announcement is out i was wondering if you have been granted access to a key to test it?

And if so do you have any screenshots?

Edited by astast
fail in QUOTE

Are people actually serious when they say Addon making is a negative effect on the game?

Have you all lost your mind?

A2 - Shitty explosions even more dull unrealistic gameplay, dull sounds. Not enough flight mechanics, not even a fully completed military game. I love A2 more than anything but the game have been partially built up by the community that want to mod.

Putting a strangle on this for multiplayer sessions when there's already a way to fix addons for servers/block addons?

You seem to forget the awesome addons such as ACE, WARFX, JSRS today I can't play without it.

Nonsense saying addons should be blocked, foolish I tell you!

True but a game can also be played without mods and addons, but arma 2 got a bit dull in long terms. I dont hope this but i fear that it's also gonna happen to IF over time.

unless of course there is going to be any interest for the modders

Edited by astast

Modding will help in every way. There ain't a single thing that can be negative with this?

If there's something negative for singleplayer COOP purposes be my guest, type it all in here.

I wouldn't imagine a MILSIM group in arma 2 without ACE, JSRS and WarFX. The games effects and sounds ain't good enough, I'm not saying BIS don't know how to make effects and all, however they are creating a huge game, if then a addon group focuses on explosion effects only, that will ofc be a more quality explosion, eh?

Just looked on one of the cheating forums related to ArmA 2, they have their cheat mods in IF, yet us legit mod developers can't put ours in...

Great, just great...

I've never encountered a cheater in my 3 years of playing Arma 2. Never ever, feels wierd to hear about it.

I've never encountered a cheater in my 3 years of playing Arma 2. Never ever, feels wierd to hear about it.

Wow. You lucky bloke. :)

Whilst not a prevalent in Arma as they are in other games they do exist. I mainly encounter the greifing types who mass spawn stuff. very annoying indeed. with the recent popularity of DAYZ i've noticed an increase of script kiddies on pub servers. Not vast, but definitely there.

Shame the hacks are out for IF, but it's not surprising.

It is a shame that modding for IFL has to be done this way.

rgds

LoK

If they had said that the modding wouldn't be similar to ArmA before release, they wouldn't have received as many purchases.

I know I wouldn't have bought it.

Its just marketing strategies.

game cheating lol. yes I will not got this if you cann't mod it. I feel funny buying a mod. then you can not mod it. very sad.

this game not see cheating on server a big thing. kick i say

Edited by dragula

Since their announcement is out i was wondering if you have been granted access to a key to test it?

And if so do you have any screenshots?

I have not been granted a key access yet no. Although I sent Mlacix my source files I had been working on for the IF guys to look at upon request. I have however made progress with my mod without them because after unpacking the files I discovered many textures are changeable via hiddenselection. I do intend to release as an addon however if IF are willing to cooperate.

Great news, We may need to check forum arma.at.ua. As most of the modder on IF use this site. the site in Russia.

The forcing of Gemany's pathetic censorship laws on people is good enough for me to say. No sale.

The servers are all pretty much empty from what I've seen on checking it out on a couple of my friends system who bought it.

Edited by jblackrupert