I wondered why there were no Nazi zombies yet :)

But, on a serious note, how can any mod achieve the accolade of "quality" sufficient to earn a key, when no-one can make any kind of mod at all?

BTW, I should like to port JTD Fire & Smoke to IFL44 at some point :)

Yeah - I would like to get my skills slider over too - which requires CBA anyway so I might be waiting a while for that to get ported!

In some respects I do see why they might hold of for a couple of weeks - they are going to have a shed load of issues to deal with to start with and don't want any wild goose chases I guess. So in a way I am agreeing with Thromp's stability idea - but only in the short term. In reality I think they would be crazy to disallow or vet mods (the former just plain bad for sales and product lifetime, the latter just too much work for them).

I still think you might be slightly drunk though Thromp ;-)

I feel very humbled to have been quoted and dispelled by the great and the good ,

Hope one day people read the read me of addons better than they enter a forum thread , my point is and was that this is a fantastic way for stability of vanilla to be achieved and in my opinion A3 should follow suit , at no point have I said modding should not be allowed ever , I merely state my case that this is a very good way to debug without clutter and as for anti cheat , you can create cheat through pbo regardless of how a certain team do it now , it is my opinion a sanctioned method can only strengthen anti cheat.

For all anybody knows it may simply take a simple request to register your addons like tag at ofpec , but I presume all the dispellers know it's different so ,I leave you the great and the good and those who seem to know what I know about it all , to continue the debate in monotone

It was nice but not so productive I guess

I bow out of the convo here and test my addons in TOH and AO for now until debs give clarification

I wondered why there were no Nazi zombies yet :)

There are... Zombie sandbox....

I too think thatits okay if some mods were "endorsed" by the IF devs, but to only have "good" mods?

To me "Dayz" isnt a "good" mod, but lots of people love it and its helped sales a little.

Keep modding open IMHO is key to the longevity of the game.

I cant play vanilla Arma any more i need some mods to tailor it to my individual playstyle.

Whats good for you may not be right for me and Vica Versa.

Rgds

LoK

PS I am happy, however, to let them postpone the modding if it hinders the present bug tracking/fixing.

UPDATE: Re: DAYZ mod, I don't think it's "bad" (good and bad are subjective, which was kind of my point) just not quite my cup of tea.

Edited by orlok

I hope they just take modding out completely.

People need to stop feeling so entitled to things. The dev team worked their asses off to make a great game for you guys and all you want to do is change, change, change.

If you really want to mod you need to just go make your own game and don't ruin one's that are already made.

*sarcasm*

People need to stop feeling so entitled to things.

This part is completely true.

Im going to dismantle this post in the nicest way possible,

I hope they just take modding out completely.

This will kill the game instantly, people will get tired of playing the same thing over and over again, devs should definitely not listen to this kind of advice if they want to bring this game to a higher level then it already is.

People need to stop feeling so entitled to things.

True, people are to demanding and I completely agree with the fact that some members are rude towards those that worked hard on the game but not everyone is like that, putting everyone on the same level isn't the way to go ..

The dev team worked their asses off to make a great game for you guys and all you want to do is change, change, change.

Yes they worked hard and they brought us a nice game, however Modding is not only about changing, it is a hobby like paintball or socker people like to get involved and taking that away from them because of a few rotten apples wouldn't be fair for those that mean well and get enjoyment out of it ...

If you really want to mod you need to just go make your own game and don't ruin one's that are already made.

Modding is not ruining mate, some of the modders are delivering state of the art products for free! I do not see any harm in to that, at release it is for the end user to decide to use those mods or not, the point you make that one needs to make their own game, well tbh thats kinda dull, some modders only do it for the fun of it they don't want to make money and in other cases not everyone has capital as leverage to make their own game ...

btw, I don't do sarcasm :P

kind regards ..

Edited by KBourne

Hello all

Entitlement... hmm

I think with OFP->ArmaOA we have just been so spoiled with great mods and missions, fx and sounds etc that we (the community) forget/dont realise the amount of work that goes into these projects.

A sig i saw around here says "Dev's make ALL the things" and in its sarcasm/observations it's quite close to the bone.

In general we are quite a headonistic breed, a step back now and again is what's needed.

Now, why hasn't any made me a Tiger I mod??!

rgds

LoK

My sarcastic comment is now being taken seriously, so I feel as if I must respond.

While I do deeply value the developers time and effort put in the games they make, I do feel like ArmA and modding go perfectly hand in hand.

They compliment each other and find bugs and improve features for each other, saving time and money.

For example, most of us seem to be unhappy with the vanilla sounds. So instead of the dev team going out to record more sounds, JSRS or RWS could make their own sound packs.

Or take DayZ for example, they found a bug with the direct comms that has gone unattended for a very long time and is only now being corrected.

To sum it up, devs we love your work and nothing is stopping us from playing right now. But we want to put our own little twists in as well if its okay with you. :D

My sarcastic comment is now being taken seriously

No thats the way I respond to sarcasm, by being serious :) like I said I went for the dismantling sarcasm :P

I hope modding becomes open soon because this game isn't going to last too long without modding.

The population is already small enough as it is.

I believe people should stop being so demanding and have some patience.

There are thousands of people, like myself, who are waiting to know all the possibilities the game can provide before deciding if buying it or not.

I can imagine some spoiled kiddies, with a chilli inside their asre waiting in the queue to buy this game on release to be the first to post videos on youtube, like they did with Modern Warfare X

Developers want to sell games. The sooner they release all top secret info, the sooner they get what they want. Our money (if deserved). They are new developers, they will learn soon ;)

Regards

Borzi

Edited by -=Borz=-

Reading these threads has me very concerned for the very heart of this game ,which is for the game to grow and be a success with its most loyal of gamers the ( OA /O flashpoint gamers) .

Now we all know that the richness of these games are not the campaigns not the single or even the multilayer but the editor and modding community and to try to stifle this is really the end of this game and if BI try to do this with A3 well its over for them .

Iron front itself has been taken up by members of the modding community and we have seen really more advancement and better game play in free mods like ACE and even Dayz so if they don't get there modding tools out to the community we will see this as a glorified mod and nothing else which will do more harm than good to the community itself.

After testing out IF for a while, and especially after OA has become so mature and smooth thanks to the 30 addons I use on daily basis, I identified 3 major points that could be enhanced via modding :

1) Performance : smoothness is not even close to OA's even if its supposed to be the same build. I believe mods such as DVD (auto viewdistance) and clutter tweaking could do some justice here.

2) Sounds : sounds are just like vanilla OA, not at the level expected from such a game. JSRS would make a difference, especially with non impressive actual explosions ans non existent bullet cracks.

3) AI : I can't stand the vanilla AI, it's just bad. I use for OA an custom mix of SLX/ZEUS/ASR that makes the AI behave almost like humans would do.

That's the majors things I see right now, but I can imagine further enhancements such as recoil and rest tweaks, more weapons and vehicles... all the things :)

Hullo there

I loathe to play arma without the following mods

JSRS (Sound)

Blastcore (FX)

CoSLX (AI) with a sprinkling of other AI stuff

ST Hud (squad location/ situation enhancement)

ST Movement (movement enhancer)

These are the basics and even though movement in buildings is a little enhanced in IFL its not quite there. If only the equivalent of these mods were ported over (a BIG ask, I know) then I'd be a happy camper.

I am assuming and hoping the

A: Not yet, but we´ll be glad to include good mods into IF.
was:

a. Incorrect

b. lost in translation

c. taken out of context

I do hope they get the game to a stable condition soon and start letting the modders begin to tweak.

rgds

LoK

Was about to purchase from BI Store then, just as I was going to enter my card details, I decided it'd be prudent to hold off until the modding question is actually resolved.

Yeah guys, hold off on your purchase until we have detail about modding.

I've spent $30 on the game and I haven't really played it too much because I have no interest in the included MP missions, the population is too splintered becuase the steam guys are stuck on the shitty 1.01 version, while the rest of us have the semi-decent 1.01a version.

We need a solid 1.02 to come out and modding to be enabled.

Not even considering buying it until I hear the line on this -it seems a new level of silly to effectively bite the hand that fed one's own success

You realize this game isn't made by BI, correct?

Yes, why do you ask?

You realize this game isn't made by BI, correct?

Yes -If Libmod hadn't enjoyed modding support in OFP they never would've gotten to the point where they are now; they surely know how important modding is to the long term success of a game of this genre

If they do not allow modding (suicidal long term policy), i will never purchase the game....

Yes -If Libmod hadn't enjoyed modding support in OFP they never would've gotten to the point where they are now; they surely know how important modding is to the long term success of a game of this genre

So what you're saying is that because people liked their mod, they are "feeding" the IF developers somehow, as if the community is responsible for their creation of a good mod... and not only that, but the IF developers now owe the community a moddable game, and failure to come up with that moddable game is an assault on the community. Am I reading your statement correctly?

.. IF developers now owe the community a moddable game, and failure to come up with that moddable game is an assault on the community.

No, to me its simply acknowledging that a very large percentage of BI gamers/the target community are here, buying and staying around because the game engine is very mod'able/able to have extra addons.

Deliberately so.

Thats either the types of gamers that are either "mod'ers" themselves or those who like a game that has regular mods/addons.

So ignoring that part of the community can this sort of ..... "feedback".