Sign in to follow this  
fasterthanlight

Need help with UPSMON and respawn

This should be a simple request but I am having trouble finding the right way to make this work.

I need a small team of opfor to infinitely respawn and enter an area. I have the area marked as "PP" that they need to patrol and reinforce to. Basically, when this squad dies, I need them to respawn about a half a kilometer away and run back to the same spot and rejoin the fight.

nul=[this,"pp","respawn"] execVM "ups.sqf" is what I have in the init, but I don't see them respawning.

Any help or ideas?

"respawn" is not a command that makes the squad respawn. It only informs the UPSMON script that the squad is created dynamically, because it handles something (for me unknown) differently on dynamically created units.

You must implement the respawning yourself (script commands createGroup and createUnit), and then start UPSMON like:

[_leader, "pp", "respawn"] execVM "upsmon.sqf";

Create a group and place them on the map with a marker named "marker_template" x50x50

then place this in the leaders Ini

nul=[this,"marker_template","delete:",150,"template:",1] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

This is now your template.

So now you can call this template when you like this will spawn in the group @ positionToSpawnIn patrol around marker "marker_name" and respawn 10 times once group is dead

_upsgrp1 = [1,positionToSpawnIn,1,["marker_name","spawned","showmarker","delete:",120,"respawn:",10]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

Hope that helps