Sign in to follow this  
sofrits3

Ported Dynamic Zombie Sandbox!

I have ported Dynamic Zombie Sandbox to Iron Front, It still has some problems but it is playable. http://www2.zshare.ma/b126zlkpnu51 ********Updated!!!********

Feel free to modify it further. BTW, I no longer go by xFOGx, I am now Sofrits3.

Edited by Sofrits3

I have ported Dynamic Zombie Sandbox to Iron Front, It still has some problems but it is playable. http://www2.zshare.ma/9k8sz4tdng92

Feel free to modify it further. BTW, I no longer go by xFOGx, I am now Sofrits3.

Did you get proper permission from bobtom to do so?

Well he says we are allowed to modify it in the thing so why wouldn't I be able to port it?

Well he says we are allowed to modify it in the thing so why wouldn't I be able to port it?

Modifiy does not mean port to a completely different game.

That's cool. I don't believe it is a completely different game but, I just sent him a PM about it. So calm down.

I would have preferred if you had asked before posting it, but not I can't really say no can I? :D

I'll make an official version for IF once my download finishes, in the mean time use this one.

-Craig

That's cool. I don't believe it is a completely different game but, I just sent him a PM about it. So calm down.

I'm pretty sure he was calm in saying that, and he has every right to say that. Iron Front is a completely different game. Just because they share an engine doesn't mean they are the same game. It's like saying Medal of Honor: Warfighter is the same as Battlefield 3 because they share the same engine. I know I didn't say you couldn't port it, but I expected at least a PM beforehand and my name recognized in your first post.

But you have my permission now, so no worries.

xFOGx

In the future, please ensure you get the proper permissions first before porting. It's important that you understand the differences between modifying and porting, and that you differentiate between different products. I am glad that Bobtom is okay with it, even so, as we have all heard, the internet is serious business.

Additionally, you may have your nickname changed by putting a request into this thread.

§20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Hello all

To be truthful, I read the forum rules when I joined and a few yeas later, with the above rules completely forgotten, released a bodged version of Dom for i44, although i credited Xeno a lot, I too didnt think to message him as I thought he would be far too busy to bother about my little effort.

In the end other folk picked up the i44 baton and made a far better job of it.

Correctly or not, with the openness of the game I can understand the OP's mistake.

So, firstly even though im not a zombie fan, well done on the port and it's nice to hear an official version will also be forthcoming as new and interesting missions are needed.

Xeno, if you are still out there, sorry mate. The next time you see me online feel free to berate me. I just didnt think/remember. Bad form on my part.

Lastly, sorry for any rulebreaking on my part.

Rgds

LoK

PS im off to re read the rules.

how do i install this which folder should i put the file in?[/quote

Take the IFA and put it in MPmissions in Iron Front main Directory.

how do i install this which folder should i put the file in?[/quote

Take the IFA and put it in MPmissions in Iron Front main Directory.

thanks ive done that where can i find it in-game?

and i also found out you cant start the game if you have 1.01a Beta patch.

thanks ive done that where can i find it in-game?

and i also found out you cant start the game if you have 1.01a Beta patch.

You are going to just create a new server and it will be in mission list on Baranow

You are going to just create a new server and it will be in mission list on Baranow

For some reason it doesn't show up in the MP missions list, well thanks for the help tho.

Hello there,

I just hosted for the first time ever and had a merry 8 player thing going on.

Im not a zombie fan but I enjoyed the comeradarie that occourred compared to the standard kill for beanz DAYZ experience.

Its a good fun mission.

Great stuff.

One bug, halfway through a message box came up with coords? sats? lots of numbers. Not to intrusive but there nontheless.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there,

I just hosted for the first time ever and had a merry 8 player thing going on.

Im not a zombie fan but I enjoyed the comeradarie that occourred compared to the standard kill for beanz DAYZ experience.

Its a good fun mission.

Great stuff.

One bug, halfway through a message box came up with coords? sats? lots of numbers. Not to intrusive but there nontheless.

Rgds

LoK

Yeah, I noticed that but, you just have to wait till Craig makes the official port.