Sign in to follow this  
WKK Gimbal

If you were a game designer?

OFP is the first and VBS I guess a second step in the direction to what I have always dreamed of:

All aspect simulation; Air, sea and land, all tactical and strategic levels (by choosing your rank from grunt to General you can focus on different aspects of war). Up to continent size, diplomatics, maybe a little economic (supply) component. A mixture of Panzergeneral and OFP and a bit more smile.gif

Hmmm, maybe in ten years....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ June 19 2002,09:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 19 2002,09wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And to not drop your soap in the showers  <!--emo&wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That too! smile.gif Anyway, think of all the possibilities. Your race selection and previous affilitations would of course affect which "interest groups" you'd be able to join. Game difficulty would be dictated by what crime you were sentenced to prison for (no lame beginner, hard, impossible): Murder One would be the easiest because of the respect you would get from other inmates and Rape of a Minor would be the hardest, because everybody would hate you.

Weapons would have to be painfully manufactured from bits and pieces stolen from around the prison. Any kills you make you would have to cover up in order to avoid Death Row. Deal drugs to other inmates to get some dinero or use drugs yourself to boost your stats temporarily for that important fight-off-the-gang-rape ocassion. Infect your enemies with HIV with dirty needles. Start affairs with interested guards to get some special treatment. Convert to a religion in order to snake your way close to the leader of the sect, then off him and become the leader yourself.

The possibilities are endless.<span id='postcolor'>

strange that no one have yet made such a game - it would be fun. It could be bundled with my catburglar and rapekiller games to complete the circle smile.gif

Oh dear, oh dear. They all come out at night... serial killer/rapist game, sell drugs in prison game... oh dear. What has become of the young generation... oh dear wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 19 2002,15:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh dear, oh dear. They all come out at night... serial killer/rapist game, sell drugs in prison game... oh dear. What has become of the young generation... oh dear wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

but seriously, the game industry is repeating itself over and over. Don't we have enough wizards and he-men with gatling guns? It's time to seek new genres smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 19 2002,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but seriously, the game industry is repeating itself over and over. Don't we have enough wizards and he-men with gatling guns? It's time to seek new genres  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And you dare to say that in this forum? mad.gifwink.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ June 19 2002,09:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 19 2002,09wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And to not drop your soap in the showers  <!--emo&wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That too! smile.gif Anyway, think of all the possibilities. Your race selection and previous affilitations would of course affect which "interest groups" you'd be able to join. Game difficulty would be dictated by what crime you were sentenced to prison for (no lame beginner, hard, impossible): Murder One would be the easiest because of the respect you would get from other inmates and Rape of a Minor would be the hardest, because everybody would hate you.

Weapons would have to be painfully manufactured from bits and pieces stolen from around the prison. Any kills you make you would have to cover up in order to avoid Death Row. Deal drugs to other inmates to get some dinero or use drugs yourself to boost your stats temporarily for that important fight-off-the-gang-rape ocassion. Infect your enemies with HIV with dirty needles. Start affairs with interested guards to get some special treatment. Convert to a religion in order to snake your way close to the leader of the sect, then off him and become the leader yourself.

The possibilities are endless.<span id='postcolor'>

This sounds alright!

But yeah alot of games are pretty much the same thing. Wouldn't mind a game where you can choose any nation in the world be the leader of it, then start interacting in a living world with different countries having different policies, wars diplomatic relations, basically having a game that portrays the world as it is.

A thought anyway.

Surely that's a trilogy right there: The first game is the rape one, in the second game the criminal has moved on to burglary, and in the finale to the trilogy, you've got to escape from prison.

My idea for a game, well, those guys making Mafia stole it from me! Though I'd have it set in good old England, so you could do drive-by's in a nice Jaguar or, if you're not so successful, a Rover wink.gif . I guess my idea would be like GTA but more FPS-ey, so you would actually be in there robbing banks, collecting money, and all the other organised crime related activities. Also, I'd add being able to shoot while in the car, so you lean out the window with a sawn-off and commit road rage.

Throw in heavy plot and long spectacular car chases and sprinkle with mild swearing. Serve to a large, gullable audience with quotes from made-up reviews on the box, and enjoy.