Sign in to follow this  
WKK Gimbal

If you were a game designer?

If you where a game designer and had an entire team at your disposal, plus solid funding - what game would you make?

It could be fun to hear what crazy ideas you people got!

-------------------------

Here's my contribution:

I think I'd make a catburglar game! The initial planning-interface presents you with a big city map and other stuff such as a newspaper. In the newspaper you can look for interesting events, like museum exibitions, etc. You could either go for a random burglary, rob a museum/coorporation, or do hired jobs for gangsters.

On the city map you would choose the local area to strike. These individual "neighbourhood" areas are each an actual FPS 3d level when entering the action (split up these "hoods" to allow extreme detail). You can choose equipment to bring and have the option to visit the area for recon before the strike.

When doing the burglary, you'd be able to use any tecniques that apply in real life, and all object in the buildings are interactive. This mean that you could shortcirquit a lightswitch or knock something over, to distract a person - use grapling hooks and glasscutters to get through windows, and other James Bond like burglar equipment. It would be insanely stealth-based and kills would not be an effective solution as it would attract loads of cops, etc. The levels should be totally based on simulation rather than scripting, so the player could even come up with unique new ways of pulling off jobs.

You'd both have to find the loot and get out of the city section safely, without guarddogs or cops on your tail.

Leaving traces of yourself on the crimescene would gradually help the police find out who you where and ultimately get you busted - in case they don't catch you red-handed first!

Selling loot would give money to buy better theiving tools or even hire (more or less reliable) helpers to assist on missions.

The fun factor? That would be the thrill of rooftop hopping and clinging to the outside of ultra-high skyscrapers, sneak around security personnel, crack super-safes (with all that applies)  and getting out without leaving evidence two who you are tounge.gif

if i could make a game i would make this.

You would start out an normal person living in your house, when suddenly terrorist attack your neighborhood. And then youd form a resistance force with your friends, and fight back. Youd start out with a rock or a sling shot as a weapon, then eventually youd aquire better guns that you could get from your local sporting goods store or somthing. Then you could get some of the terrorsit guns and eventually beat them out of your neighboor hood. I guess its kind of like the movie Red Dawn. actually its kind of like resistance wink.gif

Either that or id make a game, where you could be a pimp and get pimplots of hoes, and make lots of money.  biggrin.gif

Id make OFP with ultra realistic vehicles, aircraft, weapons, everything, featuring a full arsenal for both the US and Soviet military. And bigger Islands.

In other words, Id make VBS-ultra biggrin.gif

I'd start making the Matrix: in the sense of complete virtual reality where there are none permanent consequences like die in matrix die in real world.......

I would make a game that would basically be GTA3 but with ofp realism and with a real world map.

It would be cool to hi jack a plane, fly it somewhere, get out and have the army after you. So a game in which all buildings are enterable and all vehicles are driveable on a realworld map.

BTW, I konw this would take forever to make and that it wouldnt be possible at the momment but this would be a game that would end the games industry beucase you can do everything on it.

I remember some years ago I had what I then thought was a great idea for a game. I made up a pretty detailed game design and a very strong story line.

The game itself was to be a FPS, but unlike the other FPS's at the time this one would not be as limited as Doom and similar games. It would sport a great out door environment with free movement everywhere. Also it would go for realism and current military hardware. A big difference from doom would also be that you wouldn't be playing alone, but you would have friendly AI soldiers to support you.

Ahh.. I remember the detailed storyline I made. The story was unfolding on three islands called Valden, Enron and Colgates. I had all these great characters planned, General Fluba, Secretary Jolie, James Garnowski, David Headstrong,Colonel Shake are the ones that I remember best. I also had a great title for the game "Operation Flagpole 1983" - it was set in 1984.

Anyway the I abandoned the idea after a vacation in Prague. There I met this guy, what was his name Spenel?...Spinel?.. Spanel?, who was also into computer game development. I told him of my idea and he laughed it away and said that the computer game future was in making games based on Russian folk stories. Anyway, I am still very thankful for his guidence, beause god knows how much money I would have wasted on a product that nobody wanted. Sure my Russian folk story game didn't do well, but I blame it on the IT - bubble.

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 19 2002,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would make a FPS about the Airborne Division during WW2.<span id='postcolor'>

The Airborne Division? What, do you mean the 82nd, the 101st, the the 1st, the 6th? Im not even counting the Falschmirjaeger Divisions. Be more specific

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 19 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I remember some years ago I had what I then thought was a great idea for a game. I made up a pretty detailed game design and a very strong story line.

The game itself was to be a FPS, but unlike the other FPS's at the time this one would not be as limited as Doom and similar games. It would sport a great out door environment with free movement everywhere. Also it would go for realism and current military hardware. A big difference from doom would also be that you wouldn't be playing alone, but you would have friendly AI soldiers to support you.

Ahh.. I remember the detailed storyline I made. The story was unfolding on three islands called Valden, Enron and Colgates. I had all these great characters planned, General Fluba, Secretary Jolie, James Garnowski, David Headstrong,Colonel Shake are the ones that I remember best. I also had a great title for the game  "Operation Flagpole 1983" - it was set in 1984.

Anyway the I abandoned the idea after  a vacation in Prague. There I met this guy, what was his name Spenel?...Spinel?.. Spanel?, who was also into computer game development. I told him of my idea and he laughed it away and said that the computer game future was in making games based on Russian folk stories. Anyway, I am still very thankful for his guidence, beause god knows how much money I would have wasted on a product that nobody wanted. Sure my Russian folk story game didn't do well, but I blame it on the IT - bubble.

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!!! I nominate that for post of the month!! biggrin.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 19 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The story was unfolding on three islands called Valden, Enron and Colgates.<span id='postcolor'>

story of Enron is now well documented, and Colgate still has strong hold on it's market. biggrin.gif

I've also considered making a rapist/serial killer wacko game.

You'd earn artistic points for how insane and brutally you where able to rape and kill random strangers without being caught by the cops. You could advance and build secret hideouts or dungeons where you could abduct people to and do your worst. A unique aspect would be to prepare as much material as possible (video recordings, maps with graves, etc), so when the cops finally catch you, you're ensured a big front page in the news reveiling all your creativity.

The game would include a detailed character creation system and you'd also be able to play various fictious/historical maniacs, such as Buffalo Bill, Hannibal Lector, Ted Bundy, Lake & Ng, and Pedro Alonso Lopez.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 19 2002,02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've also considered making a rapist/serial killer wacko game.

You'd earn artistic points for how insane and brutally you where able to rape and kill random strangers without being caught by the cops. You could advance and build secret hideouts or dungeons where you could abduct people to and do your worst. A unique aspect would be to prepare as much material as possible (video recordings, maps with graves, etc), so when the cops finally catch you, you're ensured a big front page in the news reveiling all your creativity.

The game would include a detailed character creation system and you'd also be able to play various fictious/historical maniacs, such as Buffalo Bill, Hannibal Lector, Ted Bundy, Lake & Ng, and Pedro Alonso Lopez.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you actually think you would be able to sell such a game??

Anyways would you be able to see it in First person view?? and most importantly, will there be nudity?  tounge.gif  wink.gif

I guess I should have been more specific. I would make a game about the American Airborne Divisions during WW2.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ June 19 2002,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 19 2002,02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've also considered making a rapist/serial killer wacko game.

The game would include a detailed character creation system and you'd also be able to play various fictious/historical maniacs, such as Buffalo Bill, Hannibal Lector, Ted Bundy, Lake & Ng, and Pedro Alonso Lopez.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you actually think you would be able to sell such a game??

Anyways would you be able to see it in First person view?? and most importantly, will there be nudity?  tounge.gif  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

aah ... I can hear the first interested buyer already, hah! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WKK Gimbal Posted on June 18 2002,20:21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also considered making a rapist/serial killer wacko game.

The game would include a detailed character creation system and you'd also be able to play various fictious/historical maniacs, such as Buffalo Bill, Hannibal Lector, Ted Bundy, Lake & Ng, and Pedro Alonso Lopez. <span id='postcolor'>

Wow, someone thats even sicker than me!!!

Anywho, I know that this is impossible now, but I would make a driving game that lets you go anywhere in the world on any road. Ever wonder how fast you could possibly get to work from you house? Well just pick your car out of the menu, and drive there as fast as possible without any regard for laws or human life.

This would also be good for drivers ed schools

(not keeping up with whats been said, just saying...)

Gimbal my friend, youre treading on thin ice getting me started on a subject like this, so i'll make it quick:

Think OFP's out door environments doubled or trippled in size and its seemless combination of air, land and sea units with infantry, combined with the urban environments of ghost recon doubled or trippled in size but with the ability to go anywhere you wanted, combined with the full and complete kit selection from the DF series including that of task force dagger, combined with the kit selection of the R6 and ghost recon series, and Land Warriors visability.

Also, since i'm a stiggler for infantry combat, all weapons would be customizable, i.e. silencers, different scopes, different sized magazines, night optics etc. would all be interchangable.

And then theres the gore. It would be no where near as bad as soldier of fortune, so you would see blood more often than gore, but if you shot someone with a .50 cal, they'd be blown back a few yards and definitely missing some parts.

I have to say that OFP basically enveloped my vision of a great game. of course, it's far from reality, but the best one around. so no fantasy game for me other than this. smile.gif

I would make a game where you run a farm. You can milk the cows and feed the chickens. You can even go into town and get some fertilizer.Then you can come home and screw your sister in realtime 3D and have your own family.

Yes, inspiring isn't it?

Did I mention it uses quake 80 graphics engine that supports resolutions of 150000x150000. You need a Penitum XXV (25) to play this sucker. You also need 10 GBs of Ram and a Geforce 16 1280MB Graphics Card with the Infinite FX 67 engine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ June 19 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would make a game where you run a farm. You can milk the cows and feed the chickens. You can even go into town and get some fertilizer.Then you can come home and screw your sister in realtime 3D and have your own family.

Yes, inspiring isn't it?

Did I mention it uses quake 80 graphics engine that supports resolutions of 150000x150000. You need a Penitum XXV (25) to play this sucker. You also need 10 GBs of Ram and a Geforce 16 1280MB Graphics Card with the Infinite FX 67 engine.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps an udder-stroking minigame ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ June 19 2002,05:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ June 19 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would make a game where you run a farm. You can milk the cows and feed the chickens. You can even go into town and get some fertilizer.Then you can come home and screw your sister in realtime 3D and have your own family.

Yes, inspiring isn't it?

Did I mention it uses quake 80 graphics engine that supports resolutions of 150000x150000. You need a Penitum XXV (25) to play this sucker. You also need 10 GBs of Ram and a Geforce 16 1280MB Graphics Card with the Infinite FX 67 engine.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps an udder-stroking minigame ?<span id='postcolor'>

maybe with this guy

the%20udder%20guy.jpg

courtesy of OFP Mom

Come on! I'd make a game about a maximum security prison. It would be a RPG, Fallout style. Your objective would be to survive as long as possible and make some dinero while you're at it. The ultimate goal would of course be to break out.

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ June 19 2002,09wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The ultimate goal would of course be to break out.<span id='postcolor'>

And to not drop your soap in the showers  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 19 2002,09:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ June 19 2002,09wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The ultimate goal would of course be to break out.<span id='postcolor'>

And to not drop your soap in the showers  <!--emo&wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

and if you drop, be prepared to meet this guy

Bagpuss%20UK_flashpoint.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 19 2002,09:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And to not drop your soap in the showers  <!--emo&wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That too! smile.gif Anyway, think of all the possibilities. Your race selection and previous affilitations would of course affect which "interest groups" you'd be able to join. Game difficulty would be dictated by what crime you were sentenced to prison for (no lame beginner, hard, impossible): Murder One would be the easiest because of the respect you would get from other inmates and Rape of a Minor would be the hardest, because everybody would hate you.

Weapons would have to be painfully manufactured from bits and pieces stolen from around the prison. Any kills you make you would have to cover up in order to avoid Death Row. Deal drugs to other inmates to get some dinero or use drugs yourself to boost your stats temporarily for that important fight-off-the-gang-rape ocassion. Infect your enemies with HIV with dirty needles. Start affairs with interested guards to get some special treatment. Convert to a religion in order to snake your way close to the leader of the sect, then off him and become the leader yourself.

The possibilities are endless.