Sign in to follow this  
Sm1t3

"Bad CD Key" on joining Multiplayer matches (Dayz, PR and Normal OA matches)

A few days ago I started to get this problem, I would try to join a server of DayZ for example, get into the lobby and then after about 20 seconds get an error message saying "Bad CD Key". Now I thought this would be a temporary problem, so I went and played on PR but I got the same error there, as with OA multiplayer matches as well. I have tried joining regular ARMA 2 matches and I can do that, so it seems to be a problem with OA, but I have looked for a solution for about two days now, and everything I have tried has failed to get it working again.

Please help if you can.

We do not allow thread bumping, no matter if you get an answer or not.

And maybe you get no answer because we have dozens of threads about this problem already. I'm pretty sure you could search for them and try the solutions posted there.

If you still have the problem then, contact Placebo and ask him to check your key.

I made the thread because I have looked in the others and none of the solutions worked, I have also contacted Placebo but am yet to get a response.

Run as admin.

Run as admin.

I have ran both steam and ARMA as admin, neither worked.

I have the same problem, did you buy the game from Steam?, contact to Dwarden he is trying to solve this problem out.

Regards

Yeah I bought the game from steam, I have also sent Dwarden a PM regarding the issue.

I got this once yesterday when attempting to connect to MY OWN dedicated server on MY OWN local network, lol. However, I aborted out and tried to reconnect and it worked fine.

Interesting thing is that I've had ArmA 2 / OA for a long, long time now (not a recent purchase). Maybe the authentication servers are getting bogged down by DayZ or something.

I've tried what you did to see if that worked but it didn't i don't know what to do ... :(

I also tried it but as with Joepino, it did not work.

I got an answer from Dwarven he says that there was a problem with the MP Auth provider and at least 1% of the players have this problem, hope they work hard trying to solve this out.

Regards.

I got an answer from Dwarven he says that there was a problem with the MP Auth provider and at least 1% of the players have this problem, hope they work hard trying to solve this out.

Regards.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yep, thanks for the info Joepino. Just to add my name to this list just in case me poorly named thread with the same issue is forgotten :)

Looking forward to having this one resolved,

Thanks,

Mogg

Yep, thanks for the info Joepino. Just to add my name to this list just in case me poorly named thread with the same issue is forgotten :)

Looking forward to having this one resolved,

Thanks,

Mogg

Your Welcome, since when you have this problem??

Your Welcome, since when you have this problem??

About two weeks now :) I've tried all the troubleshooting at my end that I can, so I think it's just a case of wait and hope now.

My thread is on Page 2 here called 'GamersGate Serial' as I thought that was what the problem was initially. I won't link it as I think my posts with links in still need a mod to look at as I'm new. There may be a few things in the list though to try though if you don't want to wait.

Best of luck with it. Also, if you do get it fixed, it'd be excellent if you could drop by and say how you did it/when it was done. It might give me something else to try.

Has anyone managed to fix this problem yet?

Still no answer from BIS I'm really disappointed, they asked me my RPT files so maybe you guys can try sending this files to support@bistudio.com

Hi,

I'm still trying to resolve this one. Does anyone know if the CD key check on joining multi is from my machine's registry, or does it come from the PID? If it comes from the PID, does that come from the registry or first install?

The reason I ask is that I don't have any registry entries for Arma2 or OA according the securom diagnostics. If it does come from the registry, I'll continue to troubleshoot. If it does not, then I'd assume the problem isn't at my end and there's nothing I can do.

Cheers,

Mogg

Mogg, I don't know what to think. I've purchased two legitimate games and neither key works. It makes me think it's the computer - yet ArmA 2 validates and runs perfectly fine. Why would OA be any different? I feel it's at their end but if it isn't. I'm probably never going to get this solved.

I too have this same issue but I have the disk copy and I have latest patch and nothing just same ( Bad CD Key). I did have this same issue about 6 months ago after two months of owning it so I think its the Key check on their server end but It was down for If I remember it was 2 to 3 weeks I am guessing so I was just in the editor messing around lol but I hope they fix it again. Oh and both Arma 2 and Co via Arrowhead does not work. And running on Windows XP and all other specks exceeds the games expectations Via Graphics, CPU core 4,and drivers.