Sign in to follow this  
zeufman

Pack & unpack mission files .ifa

One of the most important tool, we need a tool to unpack and pack for mission editor.

Mission designer need one to make some new custom mission, with briefing and debrief, and perhaps script files.

Any one is working on ?

Indeed, works like a charm with both missions and addons.

Now the path is open to convert Warfare BE..and for a decent JSRS '44 later on :yay:

Edited by ZeroG

just rename ifa to pbo - and you can use any packer

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

> Now the path is open to convert Warfare BE..and for a decent JSRS '44 later on

yesterday I was try...

but warfare buildings are missing, third side are missing...

and vevy disappointed that IF cannot me combined with A2

Now the path is open to convert Warfare BE..

Sry to disappoint you, but Warfare BE is based in BIS Warfare and you are not allowed to port such missions to other RV Games. You have to ask BIS first.

just rename ifa to pbo - and you can use any packer

That's the good way :)

I can use CPBO

Thanks a lot

Sry to disappoint you, but Warfare BE is based in BIS Warfare and you are not allowed to port such missions to other RV Games. You have to ask BIS first.

I'm not too sure about whether porting of the mission mechanics of WFBE can be forbidden..as Benny made it from scratch...if yes, he can do it again ;)

I'm not too sure about whether porting of the mission mechanics of WFBE can be forbidden..as Benny made it from scratch...if yes, he can do it again ;)

If he made it from scratch you can port it to IF with his permission or he can port it. But if its based in BIS Warfare neither you nor him are allowed to port it to IF without permission of BIS.

As far as I know, Warfare BE is based on BIS Warfare.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Benny did not create Warfare, he simply modified the BIS version.

WARFARE Credits:

Based on: CTI concept by Mike Melvin

Design: Mike Melvin, Bart van Paassen

Programmer: Mike Melvin

Additional interfaces: Karel Mořický

Graphics: Karel Mořický, Ivan Buchta, Patrick Melvin, Stephan Stamm, Jan Pražák

Models: Marián Maar, Carsten Cordes, Johannes Wagner, Jakub Horyna

Special thanks: To Lukáš Soukenka for models supervision and to all the BI grunts for spending their free time on the battlefield.

Copyright: ©2008 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.

If benny just simply modify BIS version, why most people play at Warfare BE, but not BIS CTI?

BIS CTI and WarfareBE very similair and both are used common models but it absolutely different by gameplay

from warfareBE. description.ext

/*

WARFARE Benny Edition

Note: This mission was made from scratch.

Description:

Warfare is a gamemode which focus on the PvPvAI (Player versus Player versus AI),

each team has a commander which have to build a base and perform upgrades.

The others players have to conquer towns in order to gain more supply, this supply is used

to build a base and perform upgrades, a town generate a variable income each x min (Supply

and Funds), the funds are used to purchase different assets (Infantry, Vehicles, Support...)

Each team has a MHQ, This last one is used to build the base, once that the MHQ is lost,

The commander won't be able to build a base until that the MHQ get fixed with a repair

truck.

The towns are defended by resistance, once that all resistance is neutralized, the town

will belong to the team who took it, depending on the Supply Value of the town, a defense

team will spawn in that town to prevent enemy from taking it.

The game will end as soon as all towns are captured by a side or once that all of a side's base

is destroyed.

Credits:

Benny - Mission Maker

MrNiceGuy - UI Design - Beer provider

*/

hello all

I think the point is, if he (or another mission maker) can be bothered to write it all up from scratch for IF.

If a users code mimics a BIS function but doesn't physically use any of their code then it's all good.

If that's only a little work then great. If it's huge chunks then.....

Also, you never know BIS may give their permission to use mission coding for non profit in the IF engine. Again, who knows?

Lets wait to hear from those who can give us an difinitive answer.

Rgds

LoK

Also, you never know BIS may give their permission to use mission coding for non profit in the IF engine. Again, who knows?

I (and some other from german G-G-C forums) know, because we already asked.

But it seems, that BE Warfare is "from scratch" so you just need Bennys permission to port it to IF.

Problem with no WF buildings in IF persists. So we have to wait for some WW2 buildings mods.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

rename ifa to pbo ...??? how does it work ? plz help

rename ifa to pbo ...??? how does it work ? plz help

Are you asking how to rename a file? I suspect not. Basically if you have a tool to extract a pbo (Eliteness for example), you can do the same thing with a ifa file too. All you have to do is re-name it...

To extract myfile.ifa, just rename it (or, to be on the safe side, copy it) to myfile.pbo and then use Eliteness as you would have done with an Arma file.

But it seems, that BE Warfare is "from scratch" so you just need Bennys permission to port it to IF.

Like I said...and as WFBE 3 is on the horizon, theres hope for a decent WW2 CTI

Instead of using Editor buidlings (i.e. warfare factories), one could use regular houses for factories....