Sign in to follow this  
whiskeytango

Crash to desktop

All the time. Does the game crash completely, or do you still have sounds running as if the game was still running?

Does it already have some answer or satisfactory solution for this subject somewhere in the forum?

I don't get to find.

Edited by schutzen

All the time. Does the game crash completely, or do you still have sounds running as if the game was still running?

Does it already have some answer or satisfactory solution for this subject somewhere in the forum?

I don't get to find.

I solved. no more crashes. from 1920x1080 to 1680x1050 with 3D120%. but usually in ArmA2 game Full HD:j:

I am also getting C2D - in SP, Editor and Multiplayer. I couldnt figure out why - It always occurs in different situations and time frames....seems to be pretty arbitrarily :( It completly freezes.

I have already changed Video and Sound settings, backupped my old nvidia driver etc, but still...on 1.02 it doesnt crash as often, but still too much - haha

That is the biggest problem with FADE protection, I like it that it keeps the CS kiddies out of our multiplayer games. But its a giant mess when it comes to finding out C2D problems. I'm not sure what revision of the engine this game is running on but it seems to be a bit different compared to the latest OA beta build.

This game should still be at the Beta stage!

There are way too many bug still in the system.

You expect people to pay for bugs without complaining I think not.

Everyone has the right here to complain if they have paid for this game.

You need to fix the constant crashing of the game either in single player or MP.

I have the complete ARMA series plus OFP and have had no issues with these whatsoever.

I think that part of the problem is the ridiculous file type this game is using instead of the .PBO

I believe that this is the main cause of the dramas everyone is having as it is causing conflicts with in the engine.

This game should still be at the Beta stage!

There are way too many bug still in the system.

You expect people to pay for bugs without complaining I think not.

Everyone has the right here to complain if they have paid for this game.

You need to fix the constant crashing of the game either in single player or MP.

I have the complete ARMA series plus OFP and have had no issues with these whatsoever.

I think that part of the problem is the ridiculous file type this game is using instead of the .PBO

I believe that this is the main cause of the dramas everyone is having as it is causing conflicts with in the engine.

You'd probably be better off letting the devs know at the official forum.

The ifl file type is just a renamed PBO so no difference there.

For the crashes see the troubleshooting at the offficial forums (apparently turning off AA in game and on nvidia/ati app stops crashes.

Patch 1.03 is in final test stages.

You are able to complain although having the "right" to is debateable, but perhaps asking for assistance with your particular issues might help you get to a playable stage?

if you had OFP, do you not remember all the CTD's at the games beginnings? A2 was quite problematic as well on release.

Head over to the official forums and folk will try to help you out. (they're a bit busier than the area here.)

Rgds

LoK

I wish I would've read through some of these posts before buying the game. I am now experiencing random CTDs and cannot enjoy the game as is.

Research, research, research, lol.

Hmm thats odd, not to compare but I have IF with latest patch and I been in and out of the game since last sunday when I bought it with np,

most time I spent in the game was about 3 hrs at one time, anyways before I ramble on the game has an RPT like Arma2CO does, you can locate it here:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Ironfront

The Rpt is a log file the game produces basically reporting whats going on in the game in terms of function, like errors, updating, ect,.

if you can post your rpt that could give us anyone reading this an idea of what might be going on with your game.

also what are your computer specs?